Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Tickets to Friday night myself and looking forward to it. From the sounds of it, he's putting on quite a show.

Hoping he plays more of the older stuff.

F**k the music snobs!! 😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

I'm ashamed there are posters on here admitting to buying tickets!!! Like seriously? and don't give me the wife bought them crap!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cavan19

I reckon if anyone wants to go to this they will get tickets for €50 around Croke Park any of the days. There are facebook groups with 100's of tickets for sale every day.

JohnDenver

Is it a case of when the tickets went on sale, we were on the back of nearly 2 years of doing very little and you had ones claiming "I am never turning down a night out again when this all ends"

Fast forward a year and a bit and we are back in the "ah f**k it, can't be arsed" mode.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2022, 09:27:36 AM
I'm ashamed there are posters on here admitting to buying tickets!!! Like seriously? and don't give me the wife bought them crap!!

Didn't take long 😂

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 06, 2022, 09:24:29 AM

F**k the music snobs!! 😂

trueblue1234

Quote from: JohnDenver on September 06, 2022, 09:31:11 AM
Is it a case of when the tickets went on sale, we were on the back of nearly 2 years of doing very little and you had ones claiming "I am never turning down a night out again when this all ends"

Fast forward a year and a bit and we are back in the "ah f**k it, can't be arsed" mode.

I'd say there's a fair bit of that alright. I know we've had the busiest summer in 10 years with nights out, holidays etc. after this I'm sitting in til Christmas. That's if I can afford to heat the house.

toby47

How much were the tickets at the start?

Seeing them all over social media - £60 seems to be the rate people are willing to sell them for. They will be looking £50 tomorrow and would likely take anything at all for them.

Loads of ones selling hotels too. Seen someone selling 1 night in the Gibson for £375 & someone looking £280 for the Gresham.

armaghniac

Quote from: toby47 on September 06, 2022, 09:46:30 AM

Seeing them all over social media - £60 seems to be the rate people are willing to sell them for. They will be looking £50 tomorrow and would likely take anything at all for them.

Loads of ones selling hotels too. Seen someone selling 1 night in the Gibson for £375 & someone looking £280 for the Gresham.

It will be like the Papal visit, people will get loads of tickets then it will rain and they will not go.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Quote from: JohnDenver on September 06, 2022, 09:31:11 AM

This.

Tony Baloney

Do you wear the Blundstone or the RM Williams to a concert?

markl121

going next Saturday. Can't wait although going to have to drive. 67 euro each were the price of my tickets I think and with the new Ticketmaster "platinum" shite, 67 seems a snip compared to prices for Springsteen etc.

clarshack

Quote from: toby47 on September 06, 2022, 09:46:30 AM

seen a guy I know on fb trying to sell his 2 tickets for £50 in total.

imtommygunn

I would say the cost of hotels a massive factor. From anything I have seen when pricing hotels I wouldn't go near Dublin.

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 06, 2022, 09:14:35 AM
Quote from: ONeill on September 06, 2022, 07:16:04 AM
It's a strange one. The build up seems to have been low key or maybe I'm not seeing it. I have 2 tickets myself and not sure if I can be bothered.
Which begs the question why you, and seemingly hundreds of others, bought tickets for something you're not too pushed on. Fella in work the same - said yesterday he couldn't be arsed "but sure it's a day out".

Yeah I don't understand it myself. I was very immature back then though. Good to get a run out to Croke the year I suppose.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thewobbler

Every concert in Ireland since forever has had a flurry of sales and transfers on social media.

This is 5 concerts at Croke Park, the largest capacity in Ireland. 415,000 odd tickets were sold. If anyone is surprised that thousands of them need new homes, then you've not been paying attention. If you're speculating about hotel prices and cost of living crisis contributing to the ticket turnover, then you've not been listening.

There is genuinely nothing to see here. It's exactly as it should be.