Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: snoopdog on November 25, 2021, 12:46:34 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 25, 2021, 12:23:49 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 25, 2021, 10:12:59 AM
Brooks get 5 nights in Croker, how has things changed?

A large majority of the residents are furious the gigs are going ahead. Aiken promotions held a meeting and told the residents they had confirmed 2 gigs and were looking to confirm another 3. Residents were told licencing laws have changed so they couldn't go to court like they did the last time to stop the shows. Cocky twats were only short of gloating about it.

Wouldn't give a guarantee that croker would be limited to 3 concerts per year anymore either from 2022 onwards
Iwhile garth isn't my cup an tae. What do these residents expect  they live beside a stadium that was there long b4 any off them were. Live with it. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's reality. Thry knew where was a stadium there.

They live beside a sports stadium, not a concert venue. Residents understand how it works for the GAA, but its different for concerts. Drunken fools pissing in doorways at 11pm on their way home is not something anyone signs up for

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dublin7 on November 25, 2021, 01:58:59 PM

A large majority of the residents are furious the gigs are going ahead. Aiken promotions held a meeting and told the residents they had confirmed 2 gigs and were looking to confirm another 3. Residents were told licencing laws have changed so they couldn't go to court like they did the last time to stop the shows. Cocky twats were only short of gloating about it.

Wouldn't give a guarantee that croker would be limited to 3 concerts per year anymore either from 2022 onwards
Iwhile garth isn't my cup an tae. What do these residents expect  they live beside a stadium that was there long b4 any off them were. Live with it. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's reality. Thry knew where was a stadium there.

They live beside a sports stadium, not a concert venue. Residents understand how it works for the GAA, but its different for concerts. Drunken fools pissing in doorways at 11pm on their way home is not something anyone signs up for

First concert was nearly 40 years ago and it been going ever since, I can understand if people have lived their longer. but stop with the nonsense. You buy a house near a river expect it to flood the odd time, you buy your house near a concert venue, expect it to be full of people, also expect people pissing in the street, its up to the police to police that.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Wouldnt let the p***k through the gates, you wouldn't get 5 nites in the aviva, the posh residents wouldn't stand for it. I suppose can eliminate amateur status from the GAA  as a
organisation.

Wildweasel74

As for people buying a house in the area I say many are in houses from their parents time.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2021, 02:19:03 PM

First concert was nearly 40 years ago and it been going ever since, I can understand if people have lived their longer. but stop with the nonsense. You buy a house near a river expect it to flood the odd time, you buy your house near a concert venue, expect it to be full of people, also expect people pissing in the street, its up to the police to police that.
You live in certain parts of Belfast, you expect far worse
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

screenexile

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 25, 2021, 05:40:36 PM
Wouldnt let the p***k through the gates, you wouldn't get 5 nites in the aviva, the posh residents wouldn't stand for it. I suppose can eliminate amateur status from the GAA  as a
organisation.

They could give the extra cash to Tyrone and maybe U16s can see a cship match for free next year!!!

Wildweasel74

No, from what I am reading from coaching grants, if Galway complaint is correct, is that 35% of grants go to Dublin. Can't understand how other counties stand for it.

Jeepers Creepers

One artist over 5 nights is ripping the hole clean out of it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 26, 2021, 09:30:56 AM

I'm just surprised that he can generate that many fans! I wouldn't watch him if he was playing in my garden
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Same as people living in the holylands and complaining about students- if u don't like it, move.

johnnycool

The thought of the big fat ghoul blurbing out "I've got friends in low places" and sung along by lord knows how many thousands of Tir Eoooiinn voices, I think if I was a local resident I'd burn Croke Park down..

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: johnnycool on November 26, 2021, 09:46:38 AM

The thought of the big fat ghoul blurbing out "I've got friends in low places" and sung along by lord knows how many thousands of Tir Eoooiinn voices, I think if I was a local resident I'd burn Croke Park down..

10 nights in Healy Park would be better for all concearned .

Baile Brigín 2

Usage of Croke Park has fundamentally changed since tbe rebuild. We have gone from 8 games a year to dozens, some under lights, with gigs and conferences

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2021, 02:19:03 PM

Infrequently. There was 9 years between gigs. The blocks of 5 nights are recent.

https://www.concertarchives.org/venues/croke-park-stadium--2?page=2#concert-table

RedHand88