Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

MWWSI 2017

haranguerer

Quote from: moysider on July 25, 2014, 02:19:36 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on July 25, 2014, 11:52:19 AM
The missus summed it up this morning, "Thank fcuk we can go out this weekend without having to put up with dirty whinging redneck cnuts. Just think of the bullet they dodged. Sure they couldn't have a good time; with all the giving out about the price of drink, queue for the toilets, cost of hotels, topped off with the usual rip off Ireland hashtag".

Her words  :D but after the laughable sh1te over various people expecting ticketmaster to compensate  the exchange rate difference I think she has a point. It's the same any event on in Dublin we have friends at; a complete crying match over money.

Your missus sounds like a real classy bord.

:D

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: thebigfella on July 25, 2014, 11:52:19 AM
The missus summed it up this morning, "Thank fcuk we can go out this weekend without having to put up with dirty whinging redneck cnuts. Just think of the bullet they dodged. Sure they couldn't have a good time; with all the giving out about the price of drink, queue for the toilets, cost of hotels, topped off with the usual rip off Ireland hashtag".

Her words  :D but after the laughable sh1te over various people expecting ticketmaster to compensate  the exchange rate difference I think she has a point. It's the same any event on in Dublin we have friends at; a complete crying match over money.

What does she think of those dirty foreigners taking our jobs and our womin???
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ONeill

What does she think about Graham Norton?

Mrs thebigfella needs her own column on here.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thebigfella

Quote from: hardstation on July 25, 2014, 12:06:53 PM
Nonsense. You two eejits not know that Ireland will never get a concert again????

Marley park has been flat out since this happened  ;)

All it will mean is the event promoter will do their due diligence now instead of waiting to the last minute to apply for licenses; especially at Croke park. Aiken knew what he was at waiting to the last minute because it applied added pressure on DCC with respect to the fans having shelled out on tickets, hotels etc....

thebigfella

Quote from: Hereiam on July 25, 2014, 12:21:22 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on July 25, 2014, 11:56:07 AM
The only people who think Ireland is a laughing stock and think this is anyway is news outside of Ireland is garth brooks fans. It's not...... It maybe unbelievable to their tiny minds but no one gives a fcuk.

Bigfella I would say you would have been on here crying if this had of happened to the one direction concerts  ;D

Maybe but then again I would have had a sense of perspective :) ... You only have to look at the media coverage of the MH17 bodies being repatriated in the Netherlands or the mess that is Palestine to make you realise how insignificant a cancelled set of gigs are in the wide scheme of things.

thebigfella

Quote from: Syferus on July 25, 2014, 01:37:07 PM
The only people who think Ireland is a laughing stock and think this is anyway is news outside of Ireland is garth brooks fans. It's not...... It maybe unbelievable to their tiny minds but no one gives a fcuk.

It always amazes me that people who attack other people so venously have so little perspective about how they themselves look.

Big, clever or funny it ain't. You've just managed to put yourself bellow any Brooks fan.

Watch the news.... A few cancelled gigs is nothing compared to what's is going on elsewhere. The constant sh1te about Ireland being a laughing stock is baseless and couldn't be further from reality.

Syferus

Quote from: thebigfella on July 25, 2014, 03:30:58 PM

It always amazes me that people who attack other people so venously have so little perspective about how they themselves look.

Big, clever or funny it ain't. You've just managed to put yourself bellow any Brooks fan.

Watch the news.... A few cancelled gigs is nothing compared to what's is going on elsewhere. The constant sh1te about Ireland being a laughing stock is baseless and couldn't be further from reality.

Oh, the 'Gaza' excuse. If that was the reason for not caring about local issues why the fúck is anyone here posting on a recreational sports forum? There's genocides going on each and every day of the year.

If you can't see that the reputation of our largest stadium and concert venue has been severely damaged then it's really hard to see where you're coming from. Every major artist coming to Ireland will be more wary now.

thebigfella

Quote from: Syferus on July 25, 2014, 04:20:53 PM

Oh, the 'Gaza' excuse. If that was the reason for not caring about local issues why the fúck is anyone here posting on a recreational sports forum? There's genocides going on each and every day of the year.

If you can't see that the reputation of our largest stadium and concert venue has been severely damaged then it's really hard to see where you're coming from. Every major artist coming to Ireland will be more wary now.

Correct it's a local issue; so why do people think the rest of the world care or in fact even know about it.

The Gaza issue is not an excuse as you put it but simply there is to put some proper perspective on things. The simple fact is that the rest of the world moves don't care and there are more important news events than a few cancelled gigs. It doesn't matter how many hashtags people put in front ireland laughing stock, joke Ireland etc.... in order to convince everyone it's true.

thebigfella

Quote from: ONeill on July 25, 2014, 03:14:58 PM
What does she think about Graham Norton?

Mrs thebigfella needs her own column on here.

I'm not sure I get the connection but she's a fan. Then again Norton has talent :P

thebigfella

Regarding the reputation of the of Croke Park, no doubt promotors will carry out their due diligence before arranging gigs but is this really a bad thing? There are genuine fans who have been fcuked over here; not the fcukers buying 10 tickets to sell 8 on at a profit to pay for the weekend in Dublin.

Artists won't give a fcuk, as ultimately it will be down to the promoter. This doesn't impact its use as a sports venue lets not forget.

screenexile

Nonsense... they'll have their requisite 3 big concerts next year without any problem at all!

BennyCake

Has he given up the "music" and become a stuntman?