Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Jesus, first they inflict puke football on us and now this.

tyroneboi

Holy mother of God that is embarrassing!! i love the way they say 'come home Garth' as if he has run away from home!!

Maguire01

Quote from: tyroneboi on July 11, 2014, 05:46:49 PM
Holy mother of God that is embarrassing!! i love the way they say 'come home Garth' as if he has run away from home!!
#letthemhome

highorlow

Yer wan in the black t-shirt reminds me of liz Hurley.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

ballinaman

Quote from: highorlow on July 11, 2014, 07:08:28 PM
Yer wan in the black t-shirt reminds me of liz Hurley.
Aye..imagine her in the safety pin dress..get a good mental image now...you're sitting there with a big smile on your face...ya dirty fecker... :P

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on July 11, 2014, 11:55:02 AM
It's a gig run by the shinners in Andytown.
You'll certainly be in the minority if you've paid.
A bit like "the McCooey gate" at Casement.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

balladmaker

The thing about Brooks and his global status, love him or loathe him, is that he probably did more for Irish tourism during his brief press conference on Thursday than Discover Ireland or the government could do in years.  In fairness to him, he went out of his way to promote Ireland as a place to visit, when he didn't have to, so he seemed genuine enough about that.  "Go to Ireland, it's the most beautiful place in the world, the nicest people anywhere, you'll have the best time of your life.  Irrespective of what happens these shows, I will always encourage people to visit Ireland, take your children and have the time of your life".

So, imagine what these shows could have done once released on DVD, once the TV special went out in the US and wherever else ... the 50 million loss from the weekend is only a fraction of the long term gain that could have been made.  If ever a country just screwed itself, it's Ireland once again.

T Fearon

Imagine the outpouring of emotion during the gigs if they actually take place.It'll be akin to the release of the Birmingham 6 and Guildford 4

BennyHarp

Quote from: balladmaker on July 12, 2014, 12:50:58 AM
The thing about Brooks and his global status, love him or loathe him, is that he probably did more for Irish tourism during his brief press conference on Thursday than Discover Ireland or the government could do in years.  In fairness to him, he went out of his way to promote Ireland as a place to visit, when he didn't have to, so he seemed genuine enough about that.  "Go to Ireland, it's the most beautiful place in the world, the nicest people anywhere, you'll have the best time of your life.  Irrespective of what happens these shows, I will always encourage people to visit Ireland, take your children and have the time of your life".

So, imagine what these shows could have done once released on DVD, once the TV special went out in the US and wherever else ... the 50 million loss from the weekend is only a fraction of the long term gain that could have been made.  If ever a country just screwed itself, it's Ireland once again.

Are you serious? I must get my mother to open up her house as a b&b to help cope with the hoards of tourists after Garth decrees Ireland as a good place to visit.
That was never a square ball!!

orangeman

Garth is working for Garth. Garth will say and do whatever is needed. Didn't he say he'd walk, crawl, swim or fly so as not to disappoint his fans ?.

A professional in every way.

AZOffaly

Quote from: orangeman on July 12, 2014, 09:52:00 AM
Garth is working for Garth. Garth will say and do whatever is needed. Didn't he say he'd walk, crawl, swim or fly so as not to disappoint his fans ?.

So which is he doing? If he crawls from Tulsa he'll not arrive in time for the gigs anyway.

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on July 12, 2014, 09:21:35 AM
Where are we with this now? All gone very quiet.

I imagine the refunding process would have to be well under way at this stage??

Or is there another episode of Garth's "muscle flexing" due soon, EC?

Tuesday. That's basically the deadline to sort it out one way or the other. To be honest, I don't care if it goes ahead any more.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 12, 2014, 10:32:48 AM
Quote from: orangeman on July 12, 2014, 09:52:00 AM

So which is he doing? If he crawls from Tulsa he'll not arrive in time for the gigs anyway.

Rodeo.