Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

QuoteCancel the whole dam thing. I just want my money back.

+1

The whole taste has gone off the event now, too much negativity surrounding the gigs.  I reckon there won't be as big a rush the next time tickets go on sale for Garth Brooks.  The few people I've talked to who have tickets are all of the same opinion, feck Garth, Aiken and the whole shower of them, not pushed if they see him now or not.

GJL

I have a couple of tickets for the Sat night. Hotel booked and all for 2 nights. Hope it goes ahead and at this stage I think it will. He will do the 3 nights if he does not get the 5. Too much money involved not to.

deiseach

I thought ballinaman might be this Brian Duff chap until I read that 'they' had bought him a suit. That's just ridiculous.

ballinaman

Quote from: deiseach on July 10, 2014, 10:38:49 AM
I thought ballinaman might be this Brian Duff chap until I read that 'they' had bought him a suit. That's just ridiculous.
Fup suits...I was spotted in Tesco on Dorset street yesterday

DoireGael

I can't wait to hear the ridiculous emotional speech Garth does on stage if this goes ahead, surely it is inevitable, the speech that is.. "I love you people of Ireland"

Was he not doing a major fitness routine for it, I would suspect he's carb loading as we speak.

LeoMc

Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 10, 2014, 09:26:49 AM
Guys like him are only patsies in a bigger power game!
Money from up North! Who could that be?
Shows how easy it is to manipulate people though....

He refused to say who paid him but claimed it was people north and south of the border

You missed a bit.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: balladmaker on July 10, 2014, 10:34:35 AM

+1

The whole taste has gone off the event now, too much negativity surrounding the gigs.  I reckon there won't be as big a rush the next time tickets go on sale for Garth Brooks.  The few people I've talked to who have tickets are all of the same opinion, feck Garth, Aiken and the whole shower of them, not pushed if they see him now or not.

Totally agree with this. f**k them. Have tickets myself but I'll hardly bother going now.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

balladmaker

So Dublin Lord Mayor has said steps are being taken to get Obama involved to help persuade Brooks to do the shows ...  76 people and counting dead in Gaza in last couple of days and the Irish are phoning the Whitehouse about concerts!  Embarrassing stuff.

theskull1

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 10, 2014, 12:38:04 PM

+1

Totally agree with this. f**k them. Have tickets myself but I'll hardly bother going now.

Its nice to see some Garth fans with a bit of principle.

Easy to make fools of here in Ireland it would seem. Artist & promoter taking the complete hand out of accountable public institutions knowing full well that arseh0le political leaders wh0ring for votes will come to the rescue and save the day. Fully expect Brooks to arrive and be treated like a true hero and saviour to those who can't get enough of the 20 years dormant & uncreative global star
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

trueblue1234

Quote from: theskull1 on July 10, 2014, 02:21:11 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 10, 2014, 12:38:04 PM

+1

Its nice to see some Garth fans with a bit of principle.

Easy to make fools of here in Ireland it would seem. Artist & promoter taking the complete hand out of accountable public institutions knowing full well that arseh0le political leaders wh0ring for votes will come to the rescue and save the day. Fully expect Brooks to arrive and be treated like a true hero and saviour to those who can't get enough of the 20 years dormant & uncreative global star

Lol such a load of crap. Business men take steps to make sure profitable deal goes through. Shock horror!! Hope it goes through just to annoy the music snobs who are at pains to show how cool they are.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Syferus

Quote from: balladmaker on July 10, 2014, 02:16:50 PM
So Dublin Lord Mayor has said steps are being taken to get Obama involved to help persuade Brooks to do the shows ...  76 people and counting dead in Gaza in last couple of days and the Irish are phoning the Whitehouse about concerts!  Embarrassing stuff.

Aye. Sure because something totally unrelated to us is happening somewhere else in the world we shouldn't care about a major economic and public relations f**k-up in our own country.

balladmaker

QuoteAye. Sure because something totally unrelated to us is happening somewhere else in the world we shouldn't care about a major economic and public relations f**k-up in our own country.

Just adding a little perspective, more important things in the World at present than Garth Brooks and the Dublin economy ... believe it or not.

Is Brooks of a Catholic persuasion, if so, has the Pope been contacted yet to have a word?