Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

RTE have it up that Monday and Tuesday have been cancelled.
I still have two tickets for anyone who wants to go on Sunday nite.

EC Unique

I would say there is a convoy of tractors heading for Dublin as we speak.

balladmaker

Looks like the backhander to the residents was enough for them this time  ::)

balladmaker

I always said it ... adding Nathan Carter to the bill for the Mon & Tues night would be enough to tip things over the edge!

ballinaman

Quote from: balladmaker on July 03, 2014, 12:47:21 PM
How much did they get individually last time? Throw up the figures if you have them there, cheers.

NAG1

Quote from: ballinaman on July 03, 2014, 12:52:01 PM
How much did they get individually last time? Throw up the figures if you have them there, cheers.

What do the residents of Wembly and other other big concert/ event venues have to say on this subject or are they told that these events happen without having a say?

Bit of bad form, should these licenses not have been agreed before tickets etc were sold?

orangeman

Quote from: NAG1 on July 03, 2014, 12:57:50 PM

What do the residents of Wembly and other other big concert/ event venues have to say on this subject or are they told that these events happen without having a say?

Bit of bad form, should these licenses not have been agreed before tickets etc were sold?

That's not the GAA way.

AZOffaly

Quote from: orangeman on July 03, 2014, 01:00:53 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 03, 2014, 12:57:50 PM

That's not the GAA way.

Always happens. You've seen it on posters and gig tickets all the time "subject to licence".

Under Lights

Someone give me a good Gareth Brooks related pun for this news.

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on July 03, 2014, 01:08:14 PM
Someone give me a good Gareth Brooks related pun for this news.

What about:

"If tomorrow and the next day never comes!"

OR

We Shall Be Three

Hardy

What is it in our nature that delights in seeing an organisation getting something wrong, even if it's an organisation we belong to, even if it ultimately means everybody in organisation loses out to some extent?

I reckon the 800 years has ingrained such a devotion to anarchy that we just like to see things going wrong for any person or body seen to be in some kind of authority, even if it's an authority granted by ourselves.

I think DCC made the right decision, I'm just interested in the delight it engenders among GAA members. I don't have the stomach for the predictable GAA-bashing we're going to get for the next while from the usual quarters. Don't for God's sake switch on Livewhine today.

ballinaman

Quote from: Hardy on July 03, 2014, 01:15:01 PM
What is it in our nature that delights in seeing an organisation getting something wrong, even if it's an organisation we belong to, even if it ultimately means everybody in organisation loses out to some extent?

I reckon the 800 years has ingrained such a devotion to anarchy that we just like to see things going wrong for any person or body seen to be in some kind of authority, even if it's an authority granted by ourselves.

I think DCC made the right decision, I'm just interested in the delight it engenders among GAA members. I don't have the stomach for the predictable GAA-bashing we're going to get for the next while from the usual quarters. Don't for God's sake switch on Livewhine today.
Schadenfreude