Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on June 25, 2014, 03:03:17 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on June 25, 2014, 01:01:03 PM
http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/croke-park-residents-poised-to-take-action-on-garth-brooks-gigs-30383476.html

b**tards.
They won't stop me going to see the greatest living human alive today. Garth abú.

Its the closest Ireland has been to civil war. The culchies V the Dubs (including the wannbe Dubs living in the big smoke like BM)  ;)

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bingo on June 25, 2014, 03:11:38 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 25, 2014, 03:03:17 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on June 25, 2014, 01:01:03 PM
http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/croke-park-residents-poised-to-take-action-on-garth-brooks-gigs-30383476.html

b**tards.
They won't stop me going to see the greatest living human alive today. Garth abú.

Its the closest Ireland has been to civil war. The culchies V the Dubs (including the wannbe Dubs living in the big smoke like BM)  ;)

I would have said the civil war in the 20s was closer, but that's just me :D

Hereiam

I have two tickets for sale in the lower Hogan for the Sunday night if anyone is interested.

Under Lights

Quote from: highorlow on April 16, 2014, 12:43:36 PM
QuoteBrooks is one of the best snowmen on earth and the fans that attend his concerts are top notch.

He should be waiting until Winter for these concerts, you know for health and safety reasons.

:D :D ;D

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Under Lights on June 26, 2014, 10:07:01 AM
Quote from: highorlow on April 16, 2014, 12:43:36 PM
QuoteBrooks is one of the best snowmen on earth and the fans that attend his concerts are top notch.

He should be waiting until Winter for these concerts, you know for health and safety reasons.

:D :D ;D

;D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Zip Code

Quote from: Hereiam on June 26, 2014, 10:03:43 AM
I have two tickets for sale in the lower Hogan for the Sunday night if anyone is interested.

Everyone in Ireland must have a ticket by now!

orangeman

£500k deal sorted out for "local projects". Everybody happy now.

orangeman

Official statement -

The GAA and Croke Park Stadium has received the report of the independent mediator Kieran Mulvey, Chief Executive of the Labour Relations Commission.
We acknowledge his work and that of another public official Senan Turnbull in taking on this task. We appreciate the time given to all the parties, including residents' representatives, the GAA, the Gardaí, Dublin City Council and all others who, as the report says, want and desire, like ourselves, to have a more constructive and worthwhile engagement.
The GAA engaged wholeheartedly in this process as it wishes to have a better relationship around the planning, holding and licensing of concerts and special events in Croke Park Stadium and therefore accepts the recommendations of the report. The GAA and Croke Park Stadium welcome Mr Mulvey's recommendation for one single representative body for the wider area.
While the report has financial implications for the GAA, most notably in the number of events and consecutive events that can be held at Croke Park, along with further financial obligations, we accept Mr Mulvey's recommendations.
The Association agrees to a one off investment in a legacy project or projects to the value of €500,000 and a 20% increase in the Stadium's annual Community Fund bringing the revised figure to €120,000 per annum. This fund has already invested over €500,000 in local community projects. The GAA and Croke Park Stadium are also committed to working with Dublin City Council on the area regeneration and redevelopment project around Croke Villas to incorporate a new GAA Club and Handball Centre through the investment of €11m.
The GAA hopes all parties will accept Mr Mulvey's recommendations and comments.

orangeman

Oh dear

Gardai are investigating a complaint from Dublin City Council that "a small number" of objections were "forged".

Cllr Christy Burke said he would be surprised if there were any irregularities attached to any petition regarding the issue.

"In my dealings on any issues surrounding Croke Park and Clonliffe Road residents, they have always been very professional, very dignified and very honest," said Cllr Burke.

"And if that did happen it would be a terrible insult to the decent men and women in that area who are trying to the best for their little communities, particularly those in the cordoned off areas," he said.

However Cllr Burke also said that if there are discrepancies gardai have a right to look into it. "It would be a shame because these men and women in those areas have for years been doing their best to try and get a standard quality of life," he said. "So anything of that nature, if there are irregularities and if it was fraudulent it certainly doesn't go down with me."

It is believed that council officials raised the issue after noticing similarities in the handwriting of names and addresses on some of the template petition letters and decided to alert Mountjoy Garda Station, which oversees the Croke Park area.

It is also understood that a number of follow-up phone calls to residents confirmed that they did not sign the objection letters their names appeared on.

Pat Gates of the Clonliffe and Croke Park Area Residents Association said that he too was unaware of the allegations and that the DCC are being distracted by the complaint.

Bingo