Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: BennyCake on February 07, 2014, 01:23:55 PM
Apparently 7% of Irish people now have tickets. Or in simpler terms, 98% of Tyrone have tickets.

Where exactly is Garth Brooks playing as part of his world tour? Croke Park and Inbred Redneck states in America?

The only concerts announced are the ones in Ireland

Syferus

Hopefully the rumours about a sixth date come true. That should rightly sicken the legal eagles living on Jones' Road.

BennyCake

I'd say there will be a big rise in the number of puppies strangled and cats kicked around Drumcondra at the end of July. Five days listening to Garth Brooks. It's enough to push you over the edge.

ONeill

Will 5 consecutive nights not be seriously taxing on his vocals?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Worker

Quote from: ONeill on February 07, 2014, 11:31:08 PM

Has he not been in Vegas playing for a long number of consecutive nights the past while ?

laoislad

Quote from: The Worker on February 08, 2014, 06:23:42 AM

Has he not been in Vegas playing for a long number of consecutive nights the past while ?

Think he was in the Wynn hotel.
When we were over in Vegas he was to be starting the following week. I was gutted I missed him!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

orangeman

I'd say the only thing taxing him is the thought of the taxman after this windfall.

The irony of it all. Garth comes to Ireland after the recession and gets bailed out.

haranguerer

Quote from: EC Unique on February 07, 2014, 01:31:29 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 07, 2014, 10:31:48 AM
Why are they fools? Because they like Garth Brooks? I don't call that a fool, I call that having different taste. People would want to get over themselves I think.

Liking Garth Brooks? No problem.

Standing outside music shops for 2 or 3 days in a line? Fools.

Giving touts 3 and 4 times the face value? Fools.

Paying 3 times the rate for an average hotel room? Fools.

Attending the concert of someone they are fans of, and having an amazing time they'll treasure for the rest of their lives? Fools.

stew

Brooks is one of the best snowmen on earth and the fans that attend his concerts are top notch.

It is one big party and the music is great as is the atmosphere,  youse boys on here that stick your noses in the air are some craic!  ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Under Lights

Quote from: stew on February 08, 2014, 12:42:23 PM
Brooks is one of the best snowmen on earth and the fans that attend his concerts are top notch.

It is one big party and the music is great as is the atmosphere,  youse boys on here that stick your noses in the air are some craic!  ::)

orangeman

The news that Gaa clubs up and down the country have been waiting for. A windfall is coming our way. Fair okay to the Gaa. Great news.

GAA clubs are to benefit from a €500,000 windfall from central funds in the coming weeks as part of their share of the cash injection from the eight concerts that Croke Park is due to stage in 2014.

Five Garth Brooks concerts have been announced for July on top of three One Direction concerts in June, which will leave the Association with substantial extra revenue from stadium use.

There is ongoing mediation with local residents over the staging of eight concerts, five more than the normal quota.

The GAA's management committee have been exploring ways that they could filter some of that money down to hard-pressed clubs and have opted to refund every €2 registration that is paid on an adult membership for 2013.

SAVING

Not every club declares their full membership to Croke Park and they thereby make a small saving by withholding the registration free, but those clubs which did register all their members can expect to see that money back in the coming weeks.

The windfall was disclosed by director-general Paraic Duffy during the course of their meeting with an Oireachtas Committee on Communications over the Sky deal to cover 20 championship matches, 14 on an exclusive basis, every summer for the next three years.

GAA president Liam O'Neill and Duffy addressed the concerns of the Oireachtas Committee members for almost two hours yesterday.

Duffy stressed that if the GAA wanted a platform in the UK for potential viewers, then they had to do a deal with Sky. A company like the BBC would not be interested in showing games outside of Ulster, it was pointed out.

O'Neill insisted he had faced no "direct" opposition to the deal over the last two weeks from GAA members.

O'Neill admitted that he had "worried" about the deal every night since it was released and would continue to have concerns until he sees how it unfolds.

highorlow

QuoteBrooks is one of the best snowmen on earth and the fans that attend his concerts are top notch.

He should be waiting until Winter for these concerts, you know for health and safety reasons.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

johnneycool

Oh, I'm sure he'll master lip syncing before then or do what uncle Hugo does and lets the crowd sing along to his 'hits' especially the high notes.

Shamrock Shore

AFAIK half his feckin gig is chatting to the audience about mom and apple pie and his love for JESUS

this may or may not be true

highorlow

QuoteWill 5 consecutive nights not be seriously taxing on his vocals?

The field will be in bad shape after that. I wouldn't like to be playing in Croker the following weekend.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go