Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Even better for all those who bought 6 tickets. Brooks, the GAA, Aiken and Dublin will make a killing, but i'm not convinced there's genuine demand for 320,000 tickets.

Bensars

Quote from: Hereiam on February 03, 2014, 09:50:50 AM
This has been poorly managed by all concerned.

No huge secret hereiam. See below . "i got friends in low places" ;)

Quote from: Bensars on January 30, 2014, 01:35:55 PM
This is  a prime example of greed. People wading in to get 6 tickets each. Come june when done deal, gumtree and ebay are awash with them there will be a glut of people taking face value or close to it in order to recoup their outlay.

Thats not taking into consideration a 4th date already pencilled in for Croke park, or the Belfast Gig

Expertly managed. From a promotional PR perspective. The ticket allocation model promoted artifical demand by allowing 6 tickets per transaction. Effectively sell them quick, we got our money, then let them worry about distribution.

orangeman

Springsteen had a pile of concerts last summer. Demand was mad. Tickets were more more expensive.

Come the time of the concerts there were loads of tickets going for face value or slightly less.

Shamrock Shore

10% of tickets for each gig will come on the market about a month before the gig.

We have all seen the ads "Extra tickets have just become available" etc. This is to burn the touts.

You can be sure Aiken has this down to a fine art and any gimp that pays well over the odds for a ticket should be shot with a ball of their own shite.

balladmaker

QuoteWe have all seen the ads "Extra tickets have just become available" etc.

Anytime you see this, it is promoter speak for 'we haven't sold out yet'!  Your average promoter doesn't give a damn who buys their tickets, real fans or touts, so long as they sell them.

Shamrock Shore

When Take That were in Croke Park 3-4 years ago the tickets sold out in a millisecond.

Yet a month before the gig I stumbled upon tickets on Ticketbastard that were for sale (don't ask) that were far better than the tickets that all the fat heifers had who had probably queued overnight for them.

Took the Mrs along as a surprise. Must day I enjoyed the gig although, natch, it wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Mark my words tickets for all four Jaysesing gigs will be on sale in June.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 03, 2014, 12:40:02 PM
When Take That were in Croke Park 3-4 years ago the tickets sold out in a millisecond.

Yet a month before the gig I stumbled upon tickets on Ticketbastard that were for sale (don't ask) that were far better than the tickets that all the fat heifers had who had probably queued overnight for them.

Took the Mrs along as a surprise. Must day I enjoyed the gig although, natch, it wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Would it be the allocations they hold back for corprate and the like? They probably hold back on a percentage for those reasons, also keeps the hype and interest going
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bingo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 03, 2014, 12:50:11 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 03, 2014, 12:40:02 PM

Would it be the allocations they hold back for corprate and the like? They probably hold back on a percentage for those reasons, also keeps the hype and interest going

A lot would also be production tickets. Held by until such time as they settle on stage and prop location, these are normally the best seats. Once they agree the stage and production set up they can release these tickets.

Croke park would also have a % held as corporate tickets which may well free up.

Wildweasel74

Might waltz along to the 4th Gig come the time, i not bother getting a ticket to closer the time, was fit to get tickets for Springsteen handy enough on gumtree last sumemr  a few days before the gig

theskull1

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 03, 2014, 01:42:13 PM
Might waltz along to the 4th Gig come the time, i not bother getting a ticket to closer the time, was fit to get tickets for Springsteen handy enough on gumtree last sumemr  a few days before the gig

A do si do would be more appropriate
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

f**k it, I'm stocking up on Stetsons, pointy toed boots and checked shirts and hawking on the jones road, will be able to retire by the 29th of July,,

YEEE HAAAAAWWWW

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on February 03, 2014, 02:46:44 PM
f**k it, I'm stocking up on Stetsons, pointy toed boots and checked shirts and hawking on the jones road, will be able to retire by the 29th of July,,

YEEE HAAAAAWWWW
You Ards boys only need to look in the wardrobe for stock  :D

Under Lights

I'm very smug, went on and bought just two tickets, all I needed, was first in our office to beat the online queue as everyone else put in for the maximum. Hope people who bought just because they were looking a quick buck on the resale end up not getting them sold/and or sold at a loss.

deiseach

Watching Justified on Netflix in preparation for the big day days week. And yes, I know Kentucky is bluegrass country but all the talk of guns, trucks and cousins would get you right in the mood.

Cold tea

Monday sold out another concert on tuesday - 400,000 people gong to see him now!