Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

What is the problem with people who like the music and want to go to his concert?
Just cos it isnt to your liking why feel the need to act the big men and think your cool cos you dont like him. Who cares less whether you wouldnt listen to him if he was in your back garden. Very good.
Pack of dicks on here think they are well informed on whats "credible" and whats not in the music industry. Away and scratch your balls!

Nally Stand

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 31, 2014, 09:58:01 AM
What is the problem with people who like the music and want to go to his concert?
Just cos it isnt to your liking why feel the need to act the big men and think your cool cos you dont like him. Who cares less whether you wouldnt listen to him if he was in your back garden. Very good.
Pack of dicks on here think they are well informed on whats "credible" and whats not in the music industry. Away and scratch your balls!

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

blewuporstuffed

I wouldnt go to see garth brooks in a fit, not my thing at all, but plenty of people do, so if they want to go and see him and enjoy the show, then fair play.
What i cant understand is the complete mania these concerts have caused,people going mad looking tickets that would have no interest in going normally.
The amount of people on facebook last night posting up about getting 6 tickets or 10 tickets or whatever, WTF like??
Nothing to do with music snobbery, as i said he isnt my thing, but he writes catchy middle of the road country tunes that have a wide appeal, so i can undersatnd he is popular, but the level of hysteria of the whole thing baffles me.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tyrone girl

To be fair i agree totally with the level of hysteria/ hype being ridiculous. 
I actually love his music and always did growing up so have to say i was excited when heard he was coming. If i didnt get my tickets yesterday id have been well pissed off but i would have gotten over it within an hour or two.

Brick Tamlin

People get excited by different things.
Garth Brooks excites a lot of people.
A high percentage of those people probably have an agricultooral background.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Cold tea

Post of the year.  ;D

BennyCake

2 tickets went for just over €2000 on eBay this morning. Madness.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Maguire01

Quote from: BennyCake on January 31, 2014, 12:41:13 PM
2 tickets went for just over €2000 on eBay this morning. Madness.
To be honest, I probably dislike Madness as much as Garth Brooks.

orangeman

There'd be more money in bringing Garth Brooks to Croke park for the quarter final weekend so they should put on another few dates and take everybody's money but satisfy the crazy demand at the same time.

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on February 01, 2014, 10:07:46 AM
There'd be more money in bringing Garth Brooks to Croke park for the quarter final weekend so they should put on another few dates and take everybody's money but satisfy the crazy demand at the same time.
I'd say demand will be well satisfied with 3 nights - loads of people will have more tickets than they need.

donegal lad

Queued for 25 hours in Letterkenny to get my hands on tickets. I was number 50 in line and only got my tickets because a 3rd date was added. The demand for them was crazy had near 400 ppl in a queue in Letterkenny by the time 9.00am came and only 70 of these managed to get tickets.

Any of yous lucky enough to get tickets might want take a look at this. Have designed several different types tshirts and a hoodie for the big concert. These available to order for next 3 weeks
http://teespring.com/garthbrooksireland2014

Maguire01

Quote from: donegal lad on February 01, 2014, 01:09:36 PM
Queued for 25 hours in Letterkenny to get my hands on tickets. I was number 50 in line and only got my tickets because a 3rd date was added. The demand for them was crazy had near 400 ppl in a queue in Letterkenny by the time 9.00am came and only 70 of these managed to get tickets.

Any of yous lucky enough to get tickets might want take a look at this. Have designed several different types tshirts and a hoodie for the big concert. These available to order for next 3 weeks
http://teespring.com/garthbrooksireland2014
The height of fashion!