Author Topic: Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?  (Read 91268 times)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
Re: Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?
« Reply #1005 on: November 26, 2021, 12:14:43 AM »
Wouldnt let the p***k through the gates, you wouldn't get 5 nites in the aviva, the posh residents wouldn't stand for it. I suppose can eliminate amateur status from the GAA  as a
 organisation.

They could give the extra cash to Tyrone and maybe U16s can see a cship match for free next year!!!

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 26, 2021, 08:19:47 AM »
No, from what I am reading from coaching grants, if Galway complaint is correct, is that 35% of grants go to Dublin. Can't understand how other counties stand for it.

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 26, 2021, 09:30:56 AM »
One artist over 5 nights is ripping the hole clean out of it.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 26, 2021, 09:36:52 AM »

I'm just surprised that he can generate that many fans! I wouldn't watch him if he was playing in my garden
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 26, 2021, 09:39:41 AM »
Same as people living in the holylands and complaining about students- if u don’t like it, move.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 26, 2021, 09:46:38 AM »

The thought of the big fat ghoul blurbing out "I've got friends in low places" and sung along by lord knows how many thousands of Tir Eoooiinn voices, I think if I was a local resident I'd burn Croke Park down..

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 26, 2021, 02:20:44 PM »

The thought of the big fat ghoul blurbing out "I've got friends in low places" and sung along by lord knows how many thousands of Tir Eoooiinn voices, I think if I was a local resident I'd burn Croke Park down..

10 nights in Healy Park would be better for all concearned .

Fionntamhnach

• "Hey Lawrence..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 26, 2021, 03:15:52 PM »

I think it's only fair to point out that not all Tyronies believe that Brooks is/was the second coming.
"I can't be arsed any more; too much ignorance, bigotry, dogma, idiocy & retreat from reason"

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 26, 2021, 03:25:12 PM »
Brooks get 5 nights in Croker, how has things changed?

A large majority of the residents are furious the gigs are going ahead. Aiken promotions held a meeting and told the residents they had confirmed 2 gigs and were looking to confirm another 3. Residents were told licencing laws have changed so they couldn't go to court like they did the last time to stop the shows. Cocky twats were only short of gloating about it.

Wouldn't give a guarantee that croker would be limited to 3 concerts per year anymore either from 2022 onwards
Iwhile garth isn't my cup an tae. What do these residents expect  they live beside a stadium that was there long b4 any off them were. Live with it. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's reality. Thry knew where was a stadium there.

Usage of Croke Park has fundamentally changed since tbe rebuild. We have gone from 8 games a year to dozens, some under lights, with gigs and conferences

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 26, 2021, 03:29:15 PM »

A large majority of the residents are furious the gigs are going ahead. Aiken promotions held a meeting and told the residents they had confirmed 2 gigs and were looking to confirm another 3. Residents were told licencing laws have changed so they couldn't go to court like they did the last time to stop the shows. Cocky twats were only short of gloating about it.

Wouldn't give a guarantee that croker would be limited to 3 concerts per year anymore either from 2022 onwards
Iwhile garth isn't my cup an tae. What do these residents expect  they live beside a stadium that was there long b4 any off them were. Live with it. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's reality. Thry knew where was a stadium there.

They live beside a sports stadium, not a concert venue. Residents understand how it works for the GAA, but its different for concerts. Drunken fools pissing in doorways at 11pm on their way home is not something anyone signs up for

First concert was nearly 40 years ago and it been going ever since, I can understand if people have lived their longer. but stop with the nonsense. You buy a house near a river expect it to flood the odd time, you buy your house near a concert venue, expect it to be full of people, also expect people pissing in the street, its up to the police to police that.
Infrequently. There was 9 years between gigs. The blocks of 5 nights are recent.

https://www.concertarchives.org/venues/croke-park-stadium--2?page=2#concert-table

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 26, 2021, 03:36:44 PM »
Will COVID get big Garth cancelled?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 26, 2021, 03:46:48 PM »

Be carnage if it does!! when is it? I doubt it, having continual lockdowns won't work. Improved vaccines will have to be the way forward otherwise what's the point? If this virus continues to mutate and become the new small pox the scientists will have to come up with better ways of medicating you if you get it and better preventive methods..

Its getting like the film (which I liked a the time) 12 Monkeys !
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 26, 2021, 03:54:04 PM »

Be carnage if it does!! when is it? I doubt it, having continual lockdowns won't work. Improved vaccines will have to be the way forward otherwise what's the point? If this virus continues to mutate and become the new small pox the scientists will have to come up with better ways of medicating you if you get it and better preventive methods..

Its getting like the film (which I liked a the time) 12 Monkeys !

September I think. Imagine the scenes if it doesn't go ahead... again. Interestingly Paddy Power offering odds of 4/1 it all gets cancelled.

Don Cockburn

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 26, 2021, 08:21:29 PM »

Usage of Croke Park has fundamentally changed since tbe rebuild. We have gone from 8 games a year to dozens, some under lights, with gigs and conferences
When was Croke Park only 8 games a year?
It has always been in regular use.

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 26, 2021, 08:37:25 PM »

When was Croke Park only 8 games a year?
It has always been in regular use.

Before the rebuild. Dubs, Leinster x2, Leinster Final, 4x semi finals and 2x finals. So 9 games plus replays. Some cumann na mbunscoil stuff during the day, but nothing like current use.

The idea that locals knew there was a stadium there and should zip it is half the story and quite simply no other sports have these persistent resident problems