Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: kickitin on December 10, 2021, 11:13:01 AM
any games worth going to this Sunday folks?

stewartstown vs aghaloo looks like a decent appeal with loser relegated.

eglish needing a win and hoping for a lot of other results to go their way but they look doomed

owen roes v tatts also meaningful with the tatts needing a win but be hard to see the roes fielding any sort of team

open to any other suggestions
Relegation battle in 1 and 2 to sort out. Gillette soccer style would be great value for Intermediate relegation. The league winner is also to be sorted in Intermediate.

rrhf

Quote from: Under Lights on December 10, 2021, 12:03:20 PM
Watch Carrickmore crumble now.
This is some game now.  What a finish to the club season.  I still have a feeling Carrickmore will do it. 

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on December 10, 2021, 10:23:45 AM
Quote from: WeGoAgain on December 10, 2021, 09:49:12 AM
Errigal have won their appeal apparently.

Justice

From what I've heard I don't think Dungannon folk would agree with you.

Mikhailov

Quote from: clubman21 on December 10, 2021, 12:29:31 PM

eglish needing a win and hoping for a lot of other results to go their way but they look doomed

owen roes v tatts also meaningful with the tatts needing a win but be hard to see the roes fielding any sort of team

Rock vs Moortown

Can't see how this is a big game. Moortown have their eyes on next weekend are already promoted so this will be a fairly relaxed game I would imagine

kickitin

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 10, 2021, 12:46:50 PM

Rock vs Moortown

Can't see how this is a big game. Moortown have their eyes on next weekend are already promoted so this will be a fairly relaxed game I would imagine

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

skeog

Some game to finish off league be a bumper crowd in Dunmoyle.Are Carmen going to lay down a marker or will Errigal recusitate their season with a league title.

Mikhailov

Quote from: kickitin on December 10, 2021, 01:20:32 PM

Rock vs Moortown

Obviously you know different then. Moortown didn't appear to put much effort into their last league game so it would be surprising if they done it this week. I know there is some 'history' between the clubs however....so maybe they will go flat out

kickitin

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 10, 2021, 02:41:18 PM
Quote from: kickitin on December 10, 2021, 01:20:32 PM

Rock vs Moortown

Obviously you know different then. Moortown didn't appear to put much effort into their last league game so it would be surprising if they done it this week. I know there is some 'history' between the clubs however....so maybe they will go flat out

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) Someone tell him please

toby47

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 10, 2021, 03:00:04 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on December 10, 2021, 06:10:37 AMProblem is that the clubs aren't happy with no matter what is put forward and there is no alternative given apart from play away without county players.

Too many clubs in Tyrone. This is why we are unsuccessful in Senior Ulster, whole thing is diluted down.
No club should have a thirds team, that's up to the parent club to manage and keep players happy. If some aren't happy with lack of game time then should play for a neighbouring club that don't have as many numbers.

Complaining that there are too many clubs in Tyrone, yet also state that no club should have a thirds team makes no sense especially in that all 47 football clubs in the county can usually field two adult teams - some might struggle to field at reserve level occasionally but that's arguably that's more to do the system in place that distinct lack of available players in general (mileage may vary between certain clubs). Telling players that if they aren't happy with a lack of game time they should go to a neighbouring club itself squeezes out players in the club that they transfer to, not to mention that in most cases its not exactly easy to transfer to another club when you don't live in its catchment area/parish!

Also, Kilcoo & Derrygonnelly have three adult teams in their respective counties and it doesn't seem to do them too much harm (not sure about Glen & Clann Éireann), as do Scotstown & St.Eunan's Letterkenny. A red herring.

Glen have a thirds team

Tyrone11234

Killeeshil v Aghyaran both need to win

clarshack

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 10, 2021, 06:22:24 PM
I see the Errigal vs. Carrickmore league game for Sunday is now postponed. Anyone know why?

Heard that the Ulster Council didn't rule in Errigal's favour afterall and that it has been palmed off back to the County Board to decide.

GlenMan

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 10, 2021, 06:22:24 PM
I see the Errigal vs. Carrickmore league game for Sunday is now postponed. Anyone know why?

Eire Og are playing in Ulster and several dual players involved. Just a coincidence regarding the timing of the appeal.

WT4E

Kildress v billygoats. They need to win to possibly get promoted.... we wanna send them back to Eddies crying.

Tyrone95

I heard reports that the League 'Final' is fixed for next Saturday 1.30pm in Dunmoyle. I hope it lives up to the expectation and hype which will surround it this week given the age old rivalry between the pair and everything that has went on over the last fortnight.

In hiding

Quote from: Tyrone95 on December 11, 2021, 12:10:53 PM
I heard reports that the League 'Final' is fixed for next Saturday 1.30pm in Dunmoyle. I hope it lives up to the expectation and hype which will surround it this week given the age old rivalry between the pair and everything that has went on over the last fortnight.
Should be with watching.
What exactly had fine on over the last 2 weeks ?