Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Quote from: gallsman on August 19, 2016, 03:03:40 PM
One of the articles you posted is around a couple of Israeli students (it mentions nothing about Young Likud or anything else) meeting with councillors, including sinn fein one, in Belfast. What exactly, other than racism, is your issue with this?

Ok Gallsman, here you go.

Likud youth activist delegation hold meetings in Belfast 26th 30th June 2016

Between the 26th – 30th June, Forward Thinking facilitated a series of meetings for a delegation of young Israeli activists from the Likud party in Belfast. This visit was organised as part of the Irish Peace Process Programme – an initiative which brings delegations from key constituencies in Israel to Northern Ireland to discuss experiences of the conflict and peace process. Israeli delegations are exposed to leading figures from both Unionist and Republican communities,  not so they can hear a prescriptive model on how to achieve peace, but rather to take part in an ongoing dialogue on the challenges, successes and failures of Northern Ireland's process and, from this, to explore the key themes that they identify as relevant and beneficial to their own context.

Across the four days of the visit, the delegation held intensive discussions with a number of groups, including with Members of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) and councillors, young party activists, academics, members of civil society, former paramilitaries, and victims of violence.

http://www.forward-thinking.org/?p=3357

And here is another meeting Sinn Fein held with Zionist groups ......

On the 16th May, Forward Thinking facilitated a series of meetings for a cross-party delegation of Knesset Members (MKs) in Belfast. The MKs spanned Israel's political spectrum and included representatives from Shas, Kulanu, Labour and Joint List.

The MKs met with a variety of individuals throughout the day including a cross-party group from the Legislative Assembly (MLAs) and the Deputy First Minister, Martin McGuinness.

http://www.forward-thinking.org/index.php?cat=4&paged=5

Forward Thinking facilitated a delegation of Likud campaigners and activists on a visit to Belfast, where they met with key figures from within the Northern Ireland conflict and peace process. They met with a range of people, including academics, youth groups, British and Irish government representatives, senior police officers and republican and unionist Members of the Legislative Assembly. The meetings provided an opportunity for the group to explore the various experiences of the Northern Ireland peace process, and the challenges involved in pursuing and maintaining a peace agreement.

Do you want any more evidence of Sinn Fein meeting Zionist Israeli groups, politicians, or Ambassadors?

Or will you sit back and call me a racist for telling the truth?

I have more details, links and photos, so wind your neck in.......

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

gallsman

The article you linked to showed some students meeting with then Lord Mayor of Belfast MO'M. That wasn't 2016 and the article mentions nothing about Likud whatsoever. You referenced this specific article, so obviously something in it has upset you. Again I ask, what? Man meets Israelis?

give her dixie

Quote from: gallsman on August 19, 2016, 04:51:37 PM
The article you linked to showed some students meeting with then Lord Mayor of Belfast MO'M. That wasn't 2016 and the article mentions nothing about Likud whatsoever. You referenced this specific article, so obviously something in it has upset you. Again I ask, what? Man meets Israelis?

Sorry, I had to go back 6 pages and after everything that has been going on in the past week i'm sure you will forgive me
for not catching your drift seeing as we were still talking about the lads with the IDF / Likud members in the photo.....

So, to address this meeting with the soon to be former Finance Minister and 2 Israeli students,, let me refer you to what Sinn Fein had to say no sooner than this week while on a damage limitation / PR exercise in Palestine on an Academic Boycott of Israel,  among other things........

Speaking after a series of meetings with human rights groups based in the West Bank Senator Paul Gavan said:

"We have heard personal testimony this week of extra judicial state killings, torture, imprisonment of children, mass scale internment, house demolitions and systematic racial discrimination on a scale not seen since the days of Apartheid South Africa.

"We have a duty to stand up for the Palestinian people.

"Talk is not enough – we need action. A simple way to make a real difference would be to sign up to the BDS Campaign.

"We have met with the campaign leaders and know that it is working. A cultural, academic and economic boycott of Israel is the most effective peaceful way of bringing that about.

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/41210

Sure I couldn't explain it any better myself, and sure as you can see, Marty boy crossed the picket line with the pair of Israeli's..........

And that's before we even start to ask why are Sinn Fein co operating with "Northern Ireland Friends Of Israel" ?

Do they not know that in their rush to feel important that Israel is using these images to white wash their crimes in Palestine?

give her dixie

And because I don't really have the time to reply to everything that is going to be said, remember this
as your bench mark before responding.

I have asked the leadership of Sinn Fein to tell not only me, but their members of their parties, their voters,
and most importantly of all, the Palestinians who in Palestine or outside of it gave them permission to entertain
members of the party who were responsible for the mass slaugher only a couple of years ago?

To date, not one Palestinian or Palestinian group have come forward to say they support them.

And trust me folks, I know.

As I have said before, this was as olo run, and they have been caught withtheir trousers down.

While i can defend myself all day long on here, i'm quite prepared to go on any national media outlet and call them out.

They have sold the Palestinian cause for far too long in order to get support and i'm sick of it.

give her dixie

I posted this photo and remarks earlier this evening. While i get a dig in at the start, I speak honestly.......

When you're doing that much Peace Processing all over the world, it must be an easy enough mistake to say you are with Uachtaran Assad of Syria.

However, in reality you are with the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, who is standing in front of a Palestinian flag.

I suppose between the brutal siege on Gaza, the murderous occupation in the West Bank, the Apartheid wall, the check points, and the settlements, among other daily hardships the Palestinians go through, they will get around some day to getting a better Wifi signal for you.

Gerry, having only been to Gaza and to West Donegal, I can assure you, West Donegal is not like the occupied West Bank.

And why did you not tweet a photo with yourself and Issac Herzog, the leader of the Israeli Labour Party who was a cheerleader for the mass slaughter in Gaza just a couple of months before this photo was taken?

You met him first thing after you got of the plane in Tel Aviv.

And this is a very valid question. How is it Netanyahu didn't allow you to go to Gaza, yet for over a year several members of your party have been entertaining members of his Zionist Likud Party in Ireland?

Why did nobody in your party that knew they were coming alert the thousands of people who stood and marched in solidarity with the people of Gaza just a year before?

Why did we not get a chance to once again show in our thousands our solidarity with the Palestinians and protest at the visit of members of the Party that killed and injured 10,000 Palestinians just a year before in Gaza?

And I know for fact, that the vast majority of your members would be standing shoulder to shoulder with us all, no matter what our differences, as we gave Netanyahu's Zionist Likud party members the welcome they truly deserved.

And it wouldn't be anything like the one they got from senior members of your party, and the youth wing. How do the lads you sent to meet the Likud youth feel about meeting IDF soldiers who could have been in Gaza 2 years before? .

It's way past the time that Sinn Fein stop treating Palestine as a political hobby horse. It's not a selfie for fucks sake. It's an on going genocide and firing out press releases saying how much you love Palestine isn't doing anything to help. Seriously folks.

Please show some leadership on this not only for the sake of everyone who voted for you and are disgusted, but for the Palestinians. If ever they needed our help, they need it now.

Cut of all ties with this Zionist entity, Listen to what the Palestinians have to say and not what you have to say to the Israelis or to the USA. Fully endorse and support the Palestinian calls for BDS and show some leadership to your voters and members. None of whom support these secret meetings.

Over the past week two serious calls came from Gaza and from the West Bank asking us to increase our efforts to enforce the BDS, and also to ask you to stop these meetings and to cut of all ties.

They also spoke of how much the solidarity from Ireland over the years has meant to them as they live under a decades long occupation and many brutal wars.

If you saw the same things I saw in Gaza Gerry a couple of months after I was there, then you would be doing everything in your power to help. I know I am, and everyone of the thousands of people like me who have been there and bore witness to the horrific conditions. It's a prison camp, and you know it.

We owe it to the Palestinians to isolate Israel in every way we can until they end this brutal occupation, mass murder and bring this 10 year old siege to an end.

And we need to do all we can.to help.

We owe that much to the Palestinians, and to humanity

Viva Palestina........

gallsman

Quote from: give her dixie on August 20, 2016, 12:10:41 AM

Sorry, I had to go back 6 pages and after everything that has been going on in the past week i'm sure you will forgive me
for not catching your drift seeing as we were still talking about the lads with the IDF / Likud members in the photo.....

So, to address this meeting with the soon to be former Finance Minister and 2 Israeli students,, let me refer you to what Sinn Fein had to say no sooner than this week while on a damage limitation / PR exercise in Palestine on an Academic Boycott of Israel,  among other things........

Well no, not really. I made it clear at the outset that I wasn't talking about the IDF or politicians from Likud or any other party. You still decided to go on your rant about Sinn Fein's betrayal of the Palestinian people (which I don't dispute) and blather on about Zionists.

Take a step back. Who gives a f**k whether it was organised by NI Friends of Israel, Combat 18, the DUP or whoever, some students are visiting Belfast. Referring only to this specific activity, you think there's a problem here because it's crossing the picket line of an academic boycott? You don't think there might be problems with that aspect of the boycott at all, where a politician and statesman "should" refuse to meet with a couple of students ON THE SOLE GROUNDS that they are Israeli?! Does that not strike you as massively racist, no?!

give her dixie

Quote from: gallsman on August 20, 2016, 09:14:32 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on August 20, 2016, 12:10:41 AM

Well no, not really. I made it clear at the outset that I wasn't talking about the IDF or politicians from Likud or any other party. You still decided to go on your rant about Sinn Fein's betrayal of the Palestinian people (which I don't dispute) and blather on about Zionists.

Take a step back. Who gives a f**k whether it was organised by NI Friends of Israel, Combat 18, the DUP or whoever, some students are visiting Belfast. Referring only to this specific activity, you think there's a problem here because it's crossing the picket line of an academic boycott? You don't think there might be problems with that aspect of the boycott at all, where a politician and statesman "should" refuse to meet with a couple of students ON THE SOLE GROUNDS that they are Israeli?! Does that not strike you as massively racist, no?!

So, if i'm racist for calling for the boycott of 2 Israeli students visiting on a white washing exercise, then what does that
make everyone else who is against breaking the academic boycott? Including Sinn Fein who are calling for an academic boycott?

As I have stated before, Sinn Fein are seriously exposed on something very very serious in not only the eyes of their supporters, but the Palestinians. They sold out......

gallsman

You still haven't told me - what is your problem with someone (yes Sinn Fein politicians included) meeting some students who happen to be Israeli, other than the fact they are Israeli?

As for the academic boycott, perhaps you can clarify the trend of the boycott a little bit. What exactly does it mean? By meeting two students (MO'M is a smart guy but I doubt he was collaborating on nuclear research with them), what term of the boycott has been breached?

I've a lot of time for your efforts Dixie and God knows I agree with you the vast majority of the time, but this is the kind of racist shite that can really betray a good cause.

give her dixie

Quote from: gallsman on August 20, 2016, 02:38:20 PM
You still haven't told me - what is your problem with someone (yes Sinn Fein politicians included) meeting some students who happen to be Israeli, other than the fact they are Israeli?

As for the academic boycott, perhaps you can clarify the trend of the boycott a little bit. What exactly does it mean? By meeting two students (MO'M is a smart guy but I doubt he was collaborating on nuclear research with them), what term of the boycott has been breached?

I've a lot of time for your efforts Dixie and God knows I agree with you the vast majority of the time, but this is the kind of racist shite that can really betray a good cause.

Can you please explain to me how i'm been racist? Do you understand the principles of the BDS movement?

give her dixie

Israeli universities are major, willing and persistent accomplices in Israel's regime of occupation, settler-colonialism and apartheid.

They are involved in developing weapon systems and military doctrines deployed in Israel's recent war crimes in Lebanon and Gaza, justifying the ongoing colonization of Palestinian land, rationalizing gradual ethnic cleansing of indigenous Palestinians, providing moral justification for extra-judicial killings, systematically discriminating against "non-Jewish" students, and other implicit and explicit violations of human rights and international law.

To end this complicity in Israel's violations of international law, Palestinian civil society has called for an academic boycott of complicit Israeli academic institutions. Refusing to normalize oppression, many academic associations, student governments and unions as well as thousands of international academics now support the academic boycott of Israel.

https://bdsmovement.net/academic-boycott

gallsman

Quote from: give her dixie on August 20, 2016, 02:41:59 PM

Can you please explain to me how i'm been racist? Do you understand the principles of the BDS movement?

Because you are advocating shunning people (people, Dixie. Human beings. Not prime ministers, not IDF generals. Students. Kids.) for no other reason than the fact they are Israeli. Do you not think that's racist?

give her dixie

Quote from: gallsman on August 20, 2016, 03:21:34 PM

Because you are advocating shunning people (people, Dixie. Human beings. Not prime ministers, not IDF generals. Students. Kids.) for no other reason than the fact they are Israeli. Do you not think that's racist?

Let me spell it out for you. These 2 students were in Belfast in conjunction with "Northern Ireland Friends Of Israel", with the approval no doubt of the Israeli Government. They were here on a white washing exercise. This is what Israel do.

Why are Sinn Fein and Marty boy playing these games?

Why are they always involved in "Northern Ireland Friends Of Israel" events and meetings with Israeli Ambassadors, Deputy Ambassadors, and officials? And why are they entertaining Netanyahu's zionist party members on a regular basis?

If these had of been 2 students from Israel who walked in of the street on holiday then that would be a different story.

However, they were here on official Israeli white washing business and Marty boy stepped over the picket line.

gallsman

Quote from: give her dixie on August 20, 2016, 03:29:21 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 20, 2016, 03:21:34 PM

Let me spell it out for you. These 2 students were in Belfast in conjunction with "Northern Ireland Friends Of Israel", with the approval no doubt of the Israeli Government. Speculation. Put up or shut up. They were here on a white washing exercise. Speculation. Put up or shut up. This is what Israel do.

Why are Sinn Fein and Marty boy playing these games? They weren't here to meet with SF or Marty. They met with people across board and M'OM met with them in capacity as Lord Mayor.

Why are they always involved in "Northern Ireland Friends Of Israel" events and meetings with Israeli Ambassadors, Deputy Ambassadors, and officials? And why are they entertaining Netanyahu's zionist party members on a regular basis? Irrelevant to the case of these two students

If these had of been 2 students from Israel who walked in of the street on holiday then that would be a different story.

However, they were here on official Israeli white washing business, again, put up evidence or shut the f**k up and Marty boy stepped over the picket line.

give her dixie

Once again Gallsman, this is an Israeli exercise in white washing their crimes and making them look acceptable to the world.
This is what "Northern Ireland Friends Of Israel" had to say about the trip:

Belfast Lord Mayor, Councillor Máirtín Ó Muilleoir, welcomed student visitors from Israel to City Hall on Tuesday 12 November. The two students were in Belfast to meet young people from across the city in a visit organised by Northern Ireland Friends of Israel. The aim of the visit is to promote dialogue between young people in Northern Ireland and Israel. The Lord Mayor is pictured with Paz Ben-Nissan (on the Lord Mayor's left) and Yedida Jacobs.

https://nifriendsofisrael.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/israeli-students-welcomed-in-belfast/

This was how the Jewish Chronicle had to say about their visit:

Israeli teens counter 'stupid' Irish boycott call

By Marcus Dysch, November 14, 2013

Two Israeli schoolchildren have toured Northern Ireland in a bid to combat anti-Israel activity.

Yedida Jacobs and Paz Ben-Nissan, both 17, spoke to youth groups and school pupils and met political leaders during the five-day visit. They stressed the need for people to talk about the Middle East conflict, and repeatedly said they were opposed to boycotts.

Their trip was co-ordinated by the Northern Ireland Friends of Israel (Nifi) advocacy group as a response to an academic boycott of Israel imposed by the Teachers Union of Ireland in April.

As part of the ban, union members voted to end educational exchanges between Israeli and Irish pupils.

Miss Jacobs, a biochemistry student from Jerusalem, said: "Without taking part in dialogue, we cannot move forward. Paz and I are too young even to vote; we cannot influence the situation in Israel. A boycott on us seems unfair."

On Monday evening, around 300 people, including Secretary of State for Northern Ireland Theresa Villiers and members of the Northern Ireland Assembly, attended a Kristallnacht memorial event at Belfast Synagogue at which the Israeli students spoke.

Mr Ben-Nissan, from Ramot Meir, in central Israel, said: "The TUI has crossed the line by trying to boycott schools. It's stupid of them. We need dialogue and this has been the best way to achieve it."

A Nifi spokesman said: "The TUI move flies in the face of our own experience of peace-building in Northern Ireland. But the reaction to the boycott call has been a near unanimous resolve to engage with young people in the cause of peace."

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/113184/israeli-teens-counter-stupid%E2%80%99-irish-boycott-call

This is the Belfast Telegraph reporting on their visit

A teachers' union has been criticised for calling for an academic boycott of Israel as students from the Jewish state met local political representatives at Stormont yesterday.

Yedida Jacobs and Paz Ben-Nissan will also meet Belfast Lord Mayor Mairtin O Muilleoir at City Hall this morning.

The 17-year-olds are on a whistle-stop tour of the province organised by Northern Ireland Friends of Israel.

Steven Jaffe, the group's co-chairman, used the visit to highlight a call by the Republic's Teachers' Union of Ireland for an academic boycott of Israel.

The union called for a cessation of all cultural and academic collaboration between Israel and Ireland, including student exchanges.

Mr Jaffe said the call was a bid to ban any cultural exchanges between the two countries, irrespective of the politics of the individuals involved.

Yedida and Paz said they could not understand the move by the teaching union.
advertisement

Asked about their impressions, Yedida said: "I was surprised to see how alive the conflict still is here – to see the graffiti. We have heard that there are Israeli and Palestinian flags here, which is strange.

"But it's been very inspiring to see that people here have a lot of hope for peace," she added.

Asked what their hopes are for their country, Yedida and Paz replied: "To have peace in the region."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/education/israeli-students-in-belfast-visit-as-teaching-unions-call-for-boycott-criticised-29745533.html

Is that enough evidence for you on why they were here, and how Marty boy crossed the picket line and allowed himself and his party to be used as a tool for white washing Israel ?

MArty boy crossed the picket line and I'm putting my years of solidarity work on the line in saying that. And I stand over that statement, and you can tell Marty boy that from me if you know him.

And the same for any of the other quislings in the party who have crossed the picket line in entertaining the people responsible for the on going genocide in Palestine.

I'm no racist, and don't ever tell me to shut the f**k up without putting your name to it.

gallsman

So, the articles you've produced say they were here to encourage dialogue, to promote peace. Your articles, not mine. Where does it say anything about "white washing"?

Your f**king embarrassing yourself here. You're not racist yet happily promote racism against a pair of kids. Well done you.