Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

But why would a neutral party need to get permission to speak to one of the parties in the dispute? I'm still not getting it. It sounds as if they are part of a global movement putting pressure on Israel (which is great) but are also talking to Likud in the background to try and assess the current situation. It might be a bit stupid not to just say to the Palestinians 'we're going to see what these lads want', but it's hardly heinous. I'd only see a major problem if they were purporting to represent the Palestinians, or that they were mandated to negotiate it on their behalf.

It just appears that the Palestinians don't like the fact that Sinn Fein spoke to Likud members, but I don't see it as being treacherous.

give her dixie

Palestinian officials are calling for an immediate halt to any form of Israeli-Palestinian meetings

By KHALED ABU TOAMEH  07/28/2015

PLO leaders are scheduled to hold a meeting in Ramallah in the coming days to discuss reports about secret meetings between Palestinian and Israeli officials.

Jamil Shehadeh, member of the PLO Executive Committee, said that he and his colleagues were surprised to hear about the meetings.

"The Executive Committee will demand answers concerning the meetings with the Israelis," Shehadeh said. He pointed out that the Palestinian leadership had decided to refrain from holding such meetings, especially in the aftermath of the "increased Israeli aggression against the Palestinians."

Shehadeh claimed that under the current circumstances the Israeli government would not meet any of the Palestinian conditions for the resumption of the peace talks, particularly a full cessation of construction in settlements and the release of Palestinian prisoners.

"The next meeting of the PLO Executive Committee will be an important one," he said. "We will discuss a number of issues, including the latest developments in the Palestinian arena, reconciliation between Fatah and Hamas and international efforts to revive the peace process." He did not say when the meeting would take place.

Another senior PLO official, Tayseer Khaled, called on Tuesday for an immediate halt to Israeli-Palestinian meetings, which, he said, were taking place behind the back of the Palestinian leading institutions.

Khaled complained that the secret meetings, especially the last one between PLO Secretary-General Saeb Erekat and Interior Minister Silvan Shalom in Jordan, were in violation of decisions taken by the PLO Executive Committee and Central Council.

He noted that the two PLO bodies had emphasized that the resumption of the peace talks requires an Israeli commitment to stop all settlement activities in the West Bank and Jerusalem and honor international laws and resolutions.

Khaled said that the secret meetings cause grave damage to the interests of the Palestinians and offer a free service to the government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu "which is facing international pressure and isolation."

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/PLO-to-investigate-reports-of-secret-talks-between-Palestinian-and-Israeli-officials-410436
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 19, 2016, 01:29:16 PM
But why would a neutral party need to get permission to speak to one of the parties in the dispute? I'm still not getting it. It sounds as if they are part of a global movement putting pressure on Israel (which is great) but are also talking to Likud in the background to try and assess the current situation. It might be a bit stupid not to just say to the Palestinians 'we're going to see what these lads want', but it's hardly heinous. I'd only see a major problem if they were purporting to represent the Palestinians, or that they were mandated to negotiate it on their behalf.

It just appears that the Palestinians don't like the fact that Sinn Fein spoke to Likud members, but I don't see it as being treacherous.

AZ, there is a global Boycott campaign and Sinn Fein broke that. They then started saying  that the Palestinians knew that they were meeting Likud and others, and had no problem. And when they couldn't get a single Palestinian to come forward to back this claim up, they have now taken on a position of we know best, and we didn't need their permission to speak to Netanyahu's murderous war machine.

Nowhere in any meetings or reports of these meetings does it show anyone how Sinn Fein were speaking on behalf of the Palestinians. it was all about them and the peace process. Likud have no interest in peace, and never will. They are a ultra Zionist group who believe all the land of Palestine was given to them by God and they are back to re claim it.

Now ask yourself this, is sending in a couple of lads who have never been to Palestine going to make one bit of difference in the eyes of the Likud party? Is Netanyahu going to change his position after that meeting?

Ulick

Quote from: give her dixie on August 19, 2016, 01:23:58 PM
Quote from: Ulick on August 19, 2016, 12:01:45 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on August 19, 2016, 11:45:48 AM
Go ask Sinn Fein who gave them permission to cross the picket line and talk with Netanyahu's Likud party.

The Palestinians can talk to whoever they want because it's their struggle.

They didn't ask nor did they instruct Sinn Fein to talk to the Zionists who currently murder them by the thousands.

So you're saying the PLO can speak to Likud but SF can't. Yeah that makes a lot of sense alright.

What part of "Sinn Fein are not the PLO" do you not get?

What part of "No one asked Sinn Fein to talk to Likud do you not get?"

What part of BDS do you not get?

No need for the aggression Dixie, I just fail to see the logic in someone saying well we can meet them but you can't. You say no one asked them to meet Likud, does this mean SF asked for the meeting or is it possible that Likud asked for the meeting (or maybe just someone else you don't like)?

give her dixie

Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) is a Palestinian-led movement for freedom, justice and equality. BDS upholds the simple principle that Palestinians are entitled to the same rights as the rest of humanity.

Israel is occupying and colonising Palestinian land, discriminating against Palestinian citizens of Israel and denying Palestinian refugees the right to return to their homes. Inspired by the South African anti-apartheid movement, the BDS call urges action to pressure Israel to comply with international law.

BDS is now a vibrant global movement made up of unions, academic associations, churches and grassroots movements across the world. Eleven years since its launch, BDS is having a major impact and is effectively challenging international support for Israeli apartheid and settler-colonialism

In 2005, Palestinian civil society organisations called for boycotts, divestment and sanctions (BDS) as a form of non-violent pressure on Israel.

The BDS movement was launched by 170 Palestinian unions, political parties, refugee networks, women's organisations, professional associations, popular resistance committees and other Palestinian civil society bodies.

https://bdsmovement.net/what-is-bds

give her dixie

Quote from: Ulick on August 19, 2016, 01:46:29 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on August 19, 2016, 01:23:58 PM
Quote from: Ulick on August 19, 2016, 12:01:45 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on August 19, 2016, 11:45:48 AM
Go ask Sinn Fein who gave them permission to cross the picket line and talk with Netanyahu's Likud party.

The Palestinians can talk to whoever they want because it's their struggle.

They didn't ask nor did they instruct Sinn Fein to talk to the Zionists who currently murder them by the thousands.

So you're saying the PLO can speak to Likud but SF can't. Yeah that makes a lot of sense alright.

What part of "Sinn Fein are not the PLO" do you not get?

What part of "No one asked Sinn Fein to talk to Likud do you not get?"

What part of BDS do you not get?

No need for the aggression Dixie, I just fail to see the logic in someone saying well we can meet them but you can't. You say no one asked them to meet Likud, does this mean SF asked for the meeting or is it possible that Likud asked for the meeting (or maybe just someone else you don't like)?

Given your support for Sinn Fein and my anger at their selling the the Palestinians, I will be as aggressive as I like.

I know what I and thousands more like me would do if they had the chance to meet members of Netanyahu's Likud party.   

Israel use these meetings to white wash their crimes. These meetings make them look respectable, and then they can use the meetings as a way of lying to the world that they are interested in peace. Netanyahu ran and was elected to Government on a
commitment that there would never be a Palestinian state.

Israel have been having their puppets in the US to use whatever power and influence they have to stop the BDS campaign because of it's global success. Sinn Fein are more worried about their relationships in the US than they ever will about the Palestinians.   

The big pay cheques come from the US and not Palestine. He who pays the monkey calls the tune......

Sinn Fein have been making political capital from the Palestinians for years now, and finally they have been caught out on the world stage. Their so called reputation regarding Palestine is in shreds.

The fact that not one, and I repeat, not one Palestinian has come forward to support them on these meetings tells us all we need to know. They are on their own, and they know it...........

JohnDenver

Quote from: give her dixie on August 19, 2016, 02:02:10 PM
Given your support for Sinn Fein and my anger at their selling the the Palestinians, I will be as aggressive as I like.

I know what I and thousands more like me would do if they had the chance to meet members of Netanyahu's Likud party.   

Israel use these meetings to white wash their crimes. These meetings make them look respectable, and then they can use the meetings as a way of lying to the world that they are interested in peace. Netanyahu ran and was elected to Government on a
commitment that there would never be a Palestinian state.

Israel have been having their puppets in the US to use whatever power and influence they have to stop the BDS campaign because of it's global success. Sinn Fein are more worried about their relationships in the US than they ever will about the Palestinians.   

The big pay cheques come from the US and not Palestine. He who pays the monkey calls the tune......

Sinn Fein have been making political capital from the Palestinians for years now, and finally they have been caught out on the world stage. Their so called reputation regarding Palestine is in shreds.

The fact that not one, and I repeat, not one Palestinian has come forward to support them on these meetings tells us all we need to know. They are on their own, and they know it...........

Sinn Fein - Does exactly what it says on the tin

give her dixie

30 years ago Sinn Fein protested against a proposed visit to Ireland by Israeli President Chaim Herzog. They said his visit will be "part of a propaganda campaign to win support for the racist state of Israel".

Fast forward a few years and Gerry Adams is flying directly to Tel Aviv to meet his Zionist son Isaac, leader of the Israeli Labour party, and cheerleader for the brutal attacks on Gaza 2 years ago.

Labour party members, along with those in Netanyahu's Zionist Likud party, are now frequent visitors to Ireland to meet Gerry Adams and members of Sinn Fein, Sure no one from the party even protests at these meetings any more. Even Israeli Ambassadors get to come back and forward to Ireland and Sinn Fein accept their gifts and entertain them.

By doing so, Sinn Fein are now leading the "propaganda campaign to win support for the racist state of Israel".

A position they once opposed. Yet they try to tell everyone they support BDS..........

give her dixie

Following his visit to Gaza a couple of months after I was 1st there, Gerry Adams went to the US Consul in Belfast acting the big fella by telling lies.......

He claimed he told Hamas in Gaza "that rocket attacks were nonsense and should stop."

Considering the only thing Hamas had to defend their people in Gaza during a 3 week murderous assault was the rockets,
for Adams to say he told them they were nonsense just beggars belief.

There is not a hope in hell he said such a thing to Hamas, and if he did, he would have been brought to the border and told to leave.

Again, another meeting that was kept secret until Wiki leaks published it......

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/09BELFAST29_a.html

Franko

Quote from: give her dixie on August 19, 2016, 02:20:10 PM
Following his visit to Gaza a couple of months after I was 1st there, Gerry Adams went to the US Consul in Belfast acting the big fella by telling lies.......

He claimed he told Hamas in Gaza "that rocket attacks were nonsense and should stop."

Considering the only thing Hamas had to defend their people in Gaza during a 3 week murderous assault was the rockets,

There is not a hope in hell he said such a thing to Hamas, and if he did, he would have been brought to the border and told to leave.

Would you not agree that this is correct?  I totally support the Palestinians but would contend that every rocket fired by Hamas (and subsequently reported to death by the Israelis and their cronies) does a dam sight more for the "propaganda campaign to win support for the racist state of Israel" than anything else?

give her dixie

Quote from: Franko on August 19, 2016, 02:44:23 PM

Would you not agree that this is correct?  I totally support the Palestinians but would contend that every rocket fired by Hamas (and subsequently reported to death by the Israelis and their cronies) does a dam sight more for the "propaganda campaign to win support for the racist state of Israel" than anything else?

Franko, what were the Palestinians meant to do when for 3 weeks they were bombed by land sea and air by Israel. What should they have done? Used bow and arrows? Water pistols? spit at them? Give them the fingers? Stick their tongue out at them?

The Palestinians have every right to defend themselves against Israel whenever they come on another murderous campaign.

If all they have to use is home made rockets, then so be it. It's not up to me or Gerry Adams to call them nonsense whenever they are under attack.

gallsman

One of the articles you posted is around a couple of Israeli students (it mentions nothing about Young Likud or anything else) meeting with councillors, including sinn fein one, in Belfast. What exactly, other than racism, is your issue with this?

Minder

So who has McKay been sacrificed for in Sinn Fein ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Franko

Quote from: give her dixie on August 19, 2016, 02:54:20 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 19, 2016, 02:44:23 PM

Franko, what were the Palestinians meant to do when for 3 weeks they were bombed by land sea and air by Israel. What should they have done? Used bow and arrows? Water pistols? spit at them? Give them the fingers? Stick their tongue out at them?

The Palestinians have every right to defend themselves against Israel whenever they come on another murderous campaign.

If all they have to use is home made rockets, then so be it. It's not up to me or Gerry Adams to call them nonsense whenever they are under attack.

For all the use the rockets are they may as well do the things you mentioned.  Firing these rockets causes just about as much damage to the Israelis but gives their propaganda machine their ace card when justifying their murderous campaigns internationally.

screenexile

Quote from: Minder on August 19, 2016, 03:06:36 PM
So who has McKay been sacrificed for in Sinn Fein ?

Careful now you don't want to piss off Wee Marty/Ulick!!