Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Just looked at their Facebook page, times are not too scary bless you have a mechanical. http://chainreactionhub.com/images/news/events/bigitalianbikeride/bibrtimingsfbook.jpg

JimStynes

If I could start at 7am it would be good! Not starting with the fast fellas though! f**k that, I wouldnt make it to Ballymena with that group!

LeoMc

Not sure how to add a picture but Chain reaction have a great 3d visualisation of the route on fb

gerry

anybody else get one of these today

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

JimStynes

Quote from: gerry on April 24, 2014, 11:32:24 PM
anybody else get one of these today

Nope! Where did you get that? I've never watched a pro cycle race before, is it just a matter of standing at the side of the road and watching the peleton go past for 20 secs and thats that then?

Out on the new Bianchi the other day. I've been cycling a tank this past 2 years! The new bike is so light compared to the Felt I have.

gerry

its for the team presentation before the giro starts where all the cyclist are introduced to the press and public. they where on the visit belfast site this morning.

yep stand watch them go pass in a flash but the "caravan" that goes before it gets the craic going.

a new bike is always a joy to ride

caravan

Mayo4Sam

Where'd you get that Gerry and where can I get one?
Of course if you're not using yours I'll happily take it off your hands

Thinking of heading up for the team time trial on the friday
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gerry

All the tickets where gone yesterday by 3pm.  The TTT should be good as they will be flying.

Orior

Quote from: JimStynes on April 24, 2014, 11:45:40 PM

Nope! Where did you get that? I've never watched a pro cycle race before, is it just a matter of standing at the side of the road and watching the peleton go past for 20 secs and thats that then?

Yeap. Its all over in 20-30 seconds, but the circus beforehand is mildly entertaining. Hopefully they will be throwing out lots of freebies.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Muzz

The presentation is on Thursday night.  I may have 2 passes for the night if anyone wants them but will confirm early next week.  The upload from Gerry isnt enough and you have to collect wrist bands.

PM me if anyone wants them

JimStynes

What time is the time trial? I'm working on Friday until 3 and it's the stage I really wanted to see out of them all.

theskull1

Quote from: Orior on April 25, 2014, 10:37:41 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 24, 2014, 11:45:40 PM

Yeap. Its all over in 20-30 seconds, but the circus beforehand is mildly entertaining. Hopefully they will be throwing out lots of freebies.

Exactly...is the TV not the best seat in the house "if" you want to watch the race?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

JimStynes

No doubt TV will be the best place to watch the race but this could be my only chance to ever watch a big pro race like this and it's only 20 mins from the house. Be a shame not to go watch it.

LeoMc

Quote from: JimStynes on April 25, 2014, 02:00:55 PM
No doubt TV will be the best place to watch the race but this could be my only chance to ever watch a big pro race like this and it's only 20 mins from the house. Be a shame not to go watch it.

Exactly, I have booked the Friday off to see the time trials. I coudn't care less who wins. For me it is all about the chance to experience the live event.