Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Loads of fat cnuts out cycling today. May be the sport for me!

Maguire01

I did a very modest 16km today in around 50 minutes on a fairly hilly route. First time on the saddle since Lap the Lough last August, so easing myself in gently!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 16, 2014, 11:32:40 PM
Loads of fat cnuts out cycling today. May be the sport for me!

Yep I thought I saw you

I got lost looking for these ones today

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Seriously though, how much are these people eating if they are putting in the miles and their gut is still resting on their thighs as they pedal?!  :-\

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 16, 2014, 11:58:46 PM
Seriously though, how much are these people eating if they are putting in the miles and their gut is still resting on their thighs as they pedal?!  :-\

It's a low impact sport in fairness, plenty of fat people are cyclists, they may not be able to run but by feck they can fairly motor on a bike
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mayo4Sam

Most people over eat on the bike, take on lots of sugar and there's no need for it. It's possible to go for three hours anyway without anything, could even go without the breakfast and still manage it
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

JimStynes

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 17, 2014, 11:30:54 AM
Most people over eat on the bike, take on lots of sugar and there's no need for it. It's possible to go for three hours anyway without anything, could even go without the breakfast and still manage it

50 mile today with only one weetabix in me but I drank 2 bottles of dilute while on the bike. Going to have to get a rid of a stone for this season though, can fairly notice it on the hills!

Tough conditions today. Really struggled with the pace on the way home but I was at a swimming at 6.30am today so I am blaming that for my legs feeling like lead! How do the pros do it day after day on the tour - even with the drugs!

bennydorano

Want to lose weight - go to spin class 2/3 times a week and put the effort in, dont eat rubbish, lay off alcohol (& bread if u can) and you'll lose a stone in a month / 6 weeks. I eat like a total hoorbag on the bike & have plateau'd there weight loss wise. spinning has took a stone off me this winter (mostly twice a week, with a cycle on weekend)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on February 17, 2014, 02:10:32 PM

50 mile today with only one weetabix in me but I drank 2 bottles of dilute while on the bike. Going to have to get a rid of a stone for this season though, can fairly notice it on the hills!

Tough conditions today. Really struggled with the pace on the way home but I was at a swimming at 6.30am today so I am blaming that for my legs feeling like lead! How do the pros do it day after day on the tour - even with the drugs!

You doing an hour in the pool? Need to get back into the pool again, need at least 3 hours a week leading up to the season me thinks

gallsman

Quote from: bennydorano on February 17, 2014, 02:24:21 PM
Want to lose weight - go to spin class 2/3 times a week and put the effort in, dont eat rubbish, lay off alcohol (& bread if u can) and you'll lose a stone in a month / 6 weeks. I eat like a total hoorbag on the bike & have plateau'd there weight loss wise. spinning has took a stone off me this winter (mostly twice a week, with a cycle on weekend)

Throw in some relatively heavy squats and deadlifts with that and you're laughing.

the Deel Rover

Any good apps for Cycling lads ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2014, 02:39:18 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 17, 2014, 02:10:32 PM

You doing an hour in the pool? Need to get back into the pool again, need at least 3 hours a week leading up to the season me thinks

Yeah have been going 3 times a week to a class mon wed and Friday with the wife before work. Class training and it has brought my swimming on something shocking. It was 15 mins of leg kick as warm up, shit load of 50m sprints and then back stroke. You do an average of 70 lengths in the hour id say, much better than going by yourself as you wouldn't push yourself nowhere near as hard.

bennydorano

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 17, 2014, 04:20:43 PM
Any good apps for Cycling lads ?
Strava is the market leader. It's more than an App. Pre Strava I had Velox on my android powered phone, was good, hard on battery.

JimStynes

Anyone ever use slane cycles? What type of bike are you boys riding or what one would you like? Id love a cervelo

Orior

I see someone has organised a 100 mile run on the giro route up the Antrim Coast. It was limited to 1,000 riders and £30 each. A handy £30k for the organiser. Anyone here enrolled?  It would be well outside my comfort zone
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians