Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: bennydorano on September 02, 2013, 09:21:00 PM
Gel seat on a road bike? If you're happy with it why change, probably some aero advantages to be had if you step it up. I've a recurring saddle sore that the road bike saddle certainly isn't helping.

Great yokes these  ;)

Gel Padded Shorts

Seriously!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

bennydorano

Aye, i've half a dozen pair of gel padded bib shorts. Saddle sore is down to the miles!

Sean Kelly  lost a Vuelta because of a saddle sore, he had to withdraw! Off course he's not in my league.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: laoislad on September 04, 2013, 05:57:14 PM
Quote from: Babe Ruth 47 on September 04, 2013, 04:06:17 PM
My humble steed, love it, although I will be upgrading the wheels before the year is out.

That grass could to with a good cut...

;D ;D ;D ;D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

LeoMc

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 04, 2013, 09:03:21 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 02, 2013, 09:21:00 PM
Gel seat on a road bike? If you're happy with it why change, probably some aero advantages to be had if you step it up. I've a recurring saddle sore that the road bike saddle certainly isn't helping.

Great yokes these  ;)

Gel Padded Shorts

Seriously!
The Lidl ones weren't bad for the money, I bought a couple of pairs.

illdecide

there is a 30 mile cycle at 9:30 in morning from clann eireann club in lurgan for charity pips if any of you close enough fancy it...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Mayo4Sam

Amy interest in the cycle for life Ballina cycling club is doing next weekend Deel Rover?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

supersarsfields

Did our club cycle there yesterday and did 60 miles in 3.40. So was happy with that (I wasn't out to break any records!!). Had only been out once this year back in June for a 30 miler. Home and into a cold bath and thankfully don't feel too bad today. Might try and get out more regulary again as really enjoyed it.

moysider

Quote from: bennydorano on September 04, 2013, 09:43:00 PM
Aye, i've half a dozen pair of gel padded bib shorts. Saddle sore is down to the miles!

Sean Kelly  lost a Vuelta because of a saddle sore, he had to withdraw! Off course he's not in my league.

It was an ingrowing hair that did for Kelly in that Vuelta.

The shammy (chamois) cream is a big help avoiding sores.

bennydorano

Queen stage superb today, well done Horner, undeniably the strongest on show. La Vuelta has been the most entertaining Grand Tour for the 3rd year in a row. The Angliru is just a ridiculous climb, but great to watch.

JimStynes

JimStynes

Anyone ever been to Alpe D'Huez? If so what is the best way to get there from Belfast or Dublin in July time?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 08, 2013, 11:39:03 PM
Anyone ever been to Alpe D'Huez? If so what is the best way to get there from Belfast or Dublin in July time?

looks brutal

http://www.cycling-challenge.com/alpe-dhuez-five-different-rides/
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

I'm not that keen!!

Wouldn't mind this though
http://www.alpetriathlon.com/en/index.html

Need to see what the cost and logistics would be though.

Orior

To Armagh and Down cyclists:

Please stop bullying or threatening car/van/tractor drivers because they are using the towpath on the Newry side of Poyntzpass. It is a public road, and it is the only road that residents can take to get home. The road is a single lane road, so do not expect a four wheel vehicle of any sort to pull in onto the verge and risk getting stuck in the drainage channels.

I'm a keen cyclist. But if I catch any cyclist stopping front a pensioner in his car to shout abuse, or deliberately cycling slowly to hold up an 80 year-old while he drives in the car behind, then I will hand out a severe kicking. You have been warned. Of course the trashing will be done in the best possible taste.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians