Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

i have managed over 3000 miles on the bike this year but cant run to save myself
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

waiting on the postman for this, minus the couch

johnneycool

Quote from: gerry on September 02, 2012, 11:58:45 PM
waiting on the postman for this, minus the couch

Where are you going to put the groceries?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gerry on September 02, 2012, 11:53:47 PM
i have managed over 3000 miles on the bike this year but cant run to save myself

It's been bugging me all day. Good bike, never stop peddling the whole way in the highest gears when I could, and had a crap time over the 12 miles, boys were passing me for fun FFS

Is it basically getting my body used to the bike, bike fitness and putting in the miles? I'd ideally like to take at least 20 minutes of that time of 59 minutes. I did the same route the Sunday before on a hybrid bike in 55 minutes and had been out till 3 in the morning on the lash!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the Deel Rover

Well done Mitown row . What were the distance's that you covered ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 03, 2012, 04:24:14 PM
Well done Mitown row . What were the distance's that you covered ?

Swimming was half a mile (21 minutes). Bike was 12 miles (59 minutes) and 5k run (21 minutes)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Gerry, I have the Fondo now as well (after my Stealth lost a row with a pothole - Ribble replaced the whole show within 2 weeks, 2 year guarantee on the frame).  It's a fine machine, I went down a size on the frame and took a while before I got comfortable again.

gerry

I have a 200 mile charity cycle at the end of the month so hopefully it will be here on time. On another note I changed the tyres on my bike to continental  grand prix 4000 and inflated them to 120lb and I can't believe how big an improvement they made. 

Mayo4Sam

What pressure had you them at before?

I'm getting a bike fitting in Base2Race next week, has anyone has similar done?
I'll be getting it set up for TTs for triathlons but will I need to change it everytime I want to do 100k+?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

gerry

i was chatting to a fellow on Sunday who got it done and he said it helped him a lot.  £150 a bit pricey but

bennydorano

That's dear, i've flirted with the idea, but my back isn't in great shape & a proper set up for someone my size probably wouldn't work for me because of it.

gerry

or you can do it yourself with this spreadsheet

http://www.mediafire.com/?5xnxnyynzih

gerry

pressure before was around 80

illdecide

Guys there is a charity cycle for PIPS on Sunday leaving Clann Eireann at 10:00am (Lurgan) there are 2 distances of 16 mile and 25 mile and they're looking a £10 donation for it. If anyone wants in let me know and i'll give you more details...

Went out last Sunday and done about 20 mile and my lower back was killing me, i think i could give the cycling a good rattle as i think i'd be fit enough for it and have strong legs but i'm always getting lower back pain...i've checked my seat and its at the right height and i turned the handle bars up a bit but hasn't really helped, is it something that your body gets used too after a few more times out or is my setup still no right???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Mayo4Sam

It's €90 in B2R, have clogherhead the following day so hoping to see immediate improvements!

You were killing yourself with 80, the difference is huge

Illdecide, you shouldnt be feeling any pain for a 20 mile cycle. Your leg should be almost fully extended on the down part of a rev, low saddle is the most common issue
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me