The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: highorlow on March 12, 2018, 11:51:58 AM
QuoteNeeds to get those other 4 major wins to be the greatest!!

If he can stay healthy there's no reason why he can't.

He took an iron off the last Tee and left himself 185 yards out when he needed to birdie. To put that into perspective Reed only had 111 yards into the last green.

Seemed a bizarre decision by Woods who still mustn't trust himself with Driver. His putting is miles off where it was before.

The only chance of another major for Woods will be the British open where he can use his stinger shot. He won't make the cut at Augusta.

For a man who has played 5 tournaments in 4 months and f**k all golf in 2/3 years; I think his driving and putting are in great shape. His putting stats are backing this up too and you can see the stead improvement.

He would have a strategy on that 18th hole and based on the fact he played it the same way would indicate that - he never seen a driver all tournament and no point changing it for the final round. I thought it was the right shot based on the pin position and what happened to Reed - to much spin coming from the wedge is what got Reed into that position(although he should have chipped for his 3rd), better to play for a bit of release to ensure it doesn't spin behind that fringe.

He'll maybe struggle with the tight fairway setup of a US Open (based on his current driving) but the rest he could easily win.

Orior

Aye, Rory McIlroy, big Ulster Rugby fan, but does not use his post game interview to congratulate the Ireland Rugby team.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Boycey

screenexile

Quote from: Orior on March 17, 2018, 09:33:08 PM
Aye, Rory McIlroy, big Ulster Rugby fan, but does not use his post game interview to congratulate the Ireland Rugby team.

Joe Schmidt nor Rory Best mentioned McIlroy's good form today either. . . They're all bastids!!!

laoislad

Why what did they do?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Quote from: Boycey on March 17, 2018, 10:02:51 PM
The bastid...

He has in the past mentioned Man United in post game interviews

Frank_The_Tank

It was literally straight after he came of the course he had interview with Sky (assuming this is the interview you are talking about).  Do you know for certain he even knew the result of the rugby? 
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Puckoon

Rory had other things on his mind yesterday for sure. The heckling is getting bad out there. PGA tour should take some steps with the alcohol consumption

Orior

Here's hoping for a Rory win. It is long overdue and will set him up for the Masters.

Puckoon

Puckoon

Rory can't get the putter going at all

Puckoon

screenexile

Orior

Shamrock Shore

In the player score thingy what does the green symbol they looks like a whale's tail and a number over it mean?