American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

They may have traded the perfect replacement for TB who will surely be gone in a year or two.

Capt Pat

Garropolo was getting fed up waiting around in Boston. He had to go. The Patriots were none the wiser to Jimmy Gs ability sitting on the bench.

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 05, 2018, 02:43:21 PM
Garropolo was getting fed up waiting around in Boston. He had to go. The Patriots were none the wiser to Jimmy Gs ability sitting on the bench.

He was but they could have got much more in the spring than a second rounder, Brady basically told Kraft to trade him as he saw him as a threat

http://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

Surprisingly BB is the only one to come out of it with any credit
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Robert Kraft is as much of a coying bellend as the other figureheads in NE. Seems incredible he'd go against the wishes of hoodie though.

Therealdonald

I think you only have to listen to the affection when Kraft talks about TB to realise who will be the winner in this situation.  fully expect the Pats to stumble this year, either against the Chiefs or against the Steelers. While I don't believe the whole article, I'd imagine there is some element of truth to it. But moving on....
Whats the picks for this weekend? I fancy the Falcons to derail the rams, Panthers to stomp over the Saints. The Jags to stop Shady McCoy and the Chiefs to do a number on the Titans.

Syferus

I'd love it if Andy Reid and Alex Smith win a ring. Both have came in for a lot of unwarranted abuse over the years and it would make a great story.

The Iceman

watched Mitchell
s highlights there against the Cavs - he's a serious talent. I worry though about the early arrogance of both him and Tatum at times. Probably goes away with age but can be the downfall of many players...
Who's your tip this year Gallsman to beat GSW?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Minder

10 year deal for Gruden worth $100m, Raiders really are insane
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Quote from: Minder on January 05, 2018, 08:01:44 PM

Are they? He's a quality coach and the Raiders finally have the makings of a good side so he doesn't have to build one from scratch either. Interesting times.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on January 05, 2018, 08:20:56 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 05, 2018, 08:01:44 PM

Are they? He's a quality coach and the Raiders finally have the makings of a good side so he doesn't have to build one from scratch either. Interesting times.

Not sold on the Raiders. Not sold on Gruden being worth that money. Tough division for next few years. Think this will end in heartache.

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on January 05, 2018, 07:29:03 PM
Who's your tip this year Gallsman to beat GSW?

If Houston can't do it in the West, Celtics will be in the finals from the East. Still have GSW as comfortable favourites. Curry was back the other night and looked great.

Pop always gives Spurs a chance and when Kawhi is fully up to speed they can beat anyone but don't think they can outlast GSW over seven.

Clov

Wildcard weekend, who are people picking? I find it hard to make a case for any of the road teams winning.

Titans @ Chiefs
Falcons @ Rams
Bills @ Jags
Panthers @ Saints

There is normally one upset though.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

stew

Quote from: Clov on January 06, 2018, 10:35:39 AM
Wildcard weekend, who are people picking? I find it hard to make a case for any of the road teams winning.

Titans @ Chiefs
Falcons @ Rams
Bills @ Jags
Panthers @ Saints

There is normally one upset though.

Falcons and possibly the panthers.

I cannot wait until the queens remember who they are and piss away another SB shot, they are shit as franchises go. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Chiefs, Falcons, Jags, Saints.