US Open 2017

Started by DrinkingHarp, June 13, 2017, 07:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: Boycey on June 17, 2017, 11:38:10 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 17, 2017, 10:25:28 AM
Rory handbags with Ellington on twitter. Ellington a bit of a dick but Rory then comes across as an even bigger dick. Like I said he just needs to shut up but he can't help himself the twit.

Why should he shut up, good to see a guy standing up for himself
Agreed, Elkington had three different tweets about Rory in quick succession. Rory's only human!

JPGJOHNNYG

Sorry but the 200 million remark didn't come across at all well also when he starts slagging the guys spelling then you know he has lost the argument.

JPGJOHNNYG

Should have handled it better - seems to be running theme with our Rory

Boycey

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 17, 2017, 12:34:26 PM
Sorry but the 200 million remark didn't come across at all well also when he starts slagging the guys spelling then you know he has lost the argument.

Rory'Wikipedia page wins any argument for me  ;D

Social media has given everybody an opinion, people like Rory should have the same right of reply as me or you. You can guarantee that Elk wouldn't have said it to him face to face

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Boycey on June 17, 2017, 01:02:08 PM

Social media has given everybody an opinion, people like Rory should have the same right of reply as me or you. You can guarantee that Elk wouldn't have said it to him face to face

Of course he can defend himself unfortunately he seems to be do it the wrong way. His record is awesome but it probably should be a lot better considering his raw talent and I think that's why he gets a lot of stick which he should almost take as a compliment in a weird way because others are disappointed he isn't living up to the next Tiger. Elkington although not in McIlroys league wasn't too shabby himself

Tony Baloney

Elkington is better off ignored. Mentioning money makes Rory look like a bigger bellend than he already is. 

Minder

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 17, 2017, 01:26:10 PM
Quote from: Boycey on June 17, 2017, 01:02:08 PM

Of course he can defend himself unfortunately he seems to be do it the wrong way. His record is awesome but it probably should be a lot better considering his raw talent and I think that's why he gets a lot of stick which he should almost take as a compliment in a weird way because others are disappointed he isn't living up to the next Tiger. Elkington although not in McIlroys league wasn't too shabby himself

Saw some ridiculous stat earlier that Tiger went 8 years without missing a cut.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 17, 2017, 06:59:35 PM
Elkington is better off ignored. Mentioning money makes Rory look like a bigger bellend than he already is.
Careful now. You aren't allowed to say mean things about our Rors..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Raven

Is it just me or is Sarah looking well tonight. Looks like a bit of a makeover

Orior

Quote from: The Raven on June 17, 2017, 10:58:34 PM
Is it just me or is Sarah looking well tonight. Looks like a bit of a makeover

Plenty of hair on top - always looks well.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Sorry, but you're wrong. He's got every right to fight fire with fire.

Orior

Quote from: Puckoon on June 18, 2017, 04:25:13 AM

Sorry, but you're wrong. He's got every right to fight fire with fire.

He has every right, but he needs to learn diplomacy, and just not reply to such taunts. Achieving a twitter slam dunk won't win any more majors.

DrinkingHarp

Nice payout tonight backing Brooks at 40-1 ;)

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

stew

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on June 19, 2017, 01:40:35 AM

The man hit a three wood at 18 over three hundred and fifty yards, amazing.

That course was neutered, McIlroy was 100 percent correct to complain, ten under would have won any other us Open bar the one in 2011 when Rory won at 16 under, they neutered this course to accommodate the egos of the players and they detracted from the tournament somewhat as a result.

Brilliant win for Koepka, he is one cool customer, I think the yanks are going to own us for a while in the Ryder Cup, they are scary good.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Orior

Quote from: stew on June 19, 2017, 07:49:00 AM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on June 19, 2017, 01:40:35 AM

The man hit a three wood at 18 over three hundred and fifty yards, amazing.

That course was neutered, McIlroy was 100 percent correct to complain, ten under would have won any other us Open bar the one in 2011 when Rory won at 16 under, they neutered this course to accommodate the egos of the players and they detracted from the tournament somewhat as a result.

Brilliant win for Koepka, he is one cool customer, I think the yanks are going to own us for a while in the Ryder Cup, they are scary good.

Plus, he had an Irishman Ricky Elliott caddying for him.