The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Apparently the Fox News phrase of the week is "perjury trap".

They're all beside themselves at the thought of Trump being interviewed by Mueller under oath.

I wonder what they'd be saying if it was Hillary...

johnneycool

Quote from: J70 on January 26, 2018, 11:48:01 AM
Apparently the Fox News phrase of the week is "perjury trap".

They're all beside themselves at the thought of Trump being interviewed by Mueller under oath.

I wonder what they'd be saying if it was Hillary...

Will it be televised?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 25, 2018, 11:19:02 PM
In serious news - looks like Donnie is willing to bend on the Dreamers

QuoteThe White House's immigration plan will offer a path to citizenship for 1.8 million immigrants living in the country illegally, according to details shared by administration officials on a call for allies that Axios listened to. The administration proposal will be shared with Congress today, the officials said.

The big picture: The plan is "a compromised position" that includes "some extremely generous provisions that should make Democratic support to get to 60 votes a given," White House adviser Stephen Miller said on the call.

By the numbers: That includes establishing a path to citizenship for 1.8 million younger immigrants with work or education history and "good moral character." That number, substantially larger than the 800,000 DACA recipients, includes individuals who did not apply for DACA but met its requirements. "That is a very dramatic concession from the White House that should ensure 60 votes for the framework," Miller said.

The concession on DACA comes with the ability to terminate the status of individuals seen as a threat to national security based on criminal history, Miller said.

The White House's plan also includes...

• An end to the visa lottery program and chain migration.
  • A "$25 billion dollar trust fund for the wall system."
  • "Historic investment in northern border security."
  • "An appropriation for filling personnel deficiencies" in border patrol and at the Department of Homeland Security.
  • "Same treatment of illegal aliens, regardless of country of origin."
  • "Closing loopholes in the system that make it almost impossible to deport illegal immigrants," such as the court backlog or the "catch and release" policy through which immigrants are released while awaiting a hearing

His base won't like that at all

"Chain migration" is what they call it when families want to stay together. The airwaves are already filling up with tales of families torn apart. The "party of family values" almost seems to want to commit midterm suicide.

whitey

What exactly chain migration?

Currently, who can be brought in? (And does it extend to people who are already here but undocumented)

What are they proposing changing it to?

On average how many people have historically been "brought" in?

Gabriel_Hurl

Any more word on that secret society whitey?

Cheers.

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 26, 2018, 08:07:49 PM
Any more word on that secret society whitey?

Cheers.

I'm only reporting what the FBI Agent wrote in a text.  Maybe you should ask him?

In other news some pretty scandalous revelations in New texts that came out today

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/01/25/politics/fbi-texts/index.html

Gabriel_Hurl

That's from yesterday - not today.  ;)

What are your thoughts on Donnie ordering the firing of Mueller last summer?

Puckoon

Quote from: screenexile on January 26, 2018, 10:14:39 AM
Did anyone see Hannity??!! It was priceless . . .

Get a load of this!!

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/956729170700259329

The Narcissist's prayer

That didn't happen
And if it did, it wasn't that bad
And if it was, that's not a big deal
And if it is, its not my fault
And if it was, I didn't mean it
And if I did - you deserved it.

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 26, 2018, 08:17:09 PM

That is for the correction...I've been locked down in meetings and didn't notice it came out yesterday

I think it would be very stupid to fire Mueller......firing Comey let to Mueller appointment, so what would firing Mueller have led to ?

I guess I would also need to know the context of what happened before I pass judgement.....was it a serious consideration or just an off the cuff comment? 

Maybe he had just found out about the meeting of the "secret society" and flew into a rage

Eamonnca1

US International Trade Commission has struck down tariffs on Bombardier Series C aircraft!

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on January 26, 2018, 08:57:26 PM

That is for the correction...I've been locked down in meetings and didn't notice it came out yesterday

I think it would be very stupid to fire Mueller......firing Comey let to Mueller appointment, so what would firing Mueller have led to ?

I guess I would also need to know the context of what happened before I pass judgement.....was it a serious consideration or just an off the cuff comment? 

Maybe he had just found out about the meeting of the "secret society" and flew into a rage

Sounds pretty serious when the only reason Donnie backed down was that Whitehouse Counsel McGahn threatened to quit.

The 'secret society' thing is a laugh. . . And Conservatives talk about the left getting outraged about the smallest things??

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on January 26, 2018, 11:31:24 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 26, 2018, 08:57:26 PM

Sounds pretty serious when the only reason Donnie backed down was that Whitehouse Counsel McGahn threatened to quit.

The 'secret society' thing is a laugh. . . And Conservatives talk about the left getting outraged about the smallest things??

Hence mynuse of quotation marks.....it was a tongue in cheek comment

Eamonnca1