The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on September 04, 2017, 01:01:43 PM
Quote from: heganboy on September 04, 2017, 08:57:11 AM
Stew,
The will of the people, or the result of the electoral college system?

The system is the system and it was the same for each candidate

The Democrats actually have a huge advantage when it comes to the electoral college......just shows what a monumental fvck up the Clinton campaign was

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-2016-race-an-electoral-college-edge-for-democrats/2015/03/15/855f2792-cb3c-11e4-a2a7-9517a3a70506_story.html?utm_term=.b0a91a499977

Whitey- I'm on your side here- you play the game by the rules. However - the will of the people was actually not Trump.

As far as the advantage in the college system, its gerrymandered both ways in different places. Neither main party is blameless.

At this point guessing the next step US politics is a fools game, though Cambridge Analytica may have a fair sense of whats next. I admire the hypocrisy of the tech firms that played such a huge part in the election results up and down the US then take issue with the results. Money in ads displaying fake news of all colors and hues was gladly taken to the bank.

I think we are just about at the stage where the presidency is now buyable, based on a candidate that can do as they are told, and just not care about policy, as long as they sound like they mean it (for either side as long as they pay well)

The current president of the united states  actually said in public during the campaign "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters" probably one of the most factually accurate statements he made during the process.

is there a new path ahead- this one has been broken for a while?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on September 06, 2017, 07:59:48 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 06, 2017, 05:03:02 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 05, 2017, 11:15:16 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 05, 2017, 09:48:25 PM
But sane people are in the majority, as evidenced by the whopping 2 million more who voted for Hillary than Trump.  The idea that you have to give the minority a veto in case the majority gets it wrong is tripe. We're talking about the USA, not Northern Ireland.

So following that logic,  the unionist majority in the North should be allowed to lord it over their Nationalist brethren given their numerical superiority?

Did you read my last sentence all the way to the end?

Yes.....it seems like that is what you are advocating for

Then apparently you can't read.

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 06, 2017, 09:39:01 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 06, 2017, 07:59:48 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 06, 2017, 05:03:02 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 05, 2017, 11:15:16 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 05, 2017, 09:48:25 PM
But sane people are in the majority, as evidenced by the whopping 2 million more who voted for Hillary than Trump.  The idea that you have to give the minority a veto in case the majority gets it wrong is tripe. We're talking about the USA, not Northern Ireland.

So following that logic,  the unionist majority in the North should be allowed to lord it over their Nationalist brethren given their numerical superiority?

Did you read my last sentence all the way to the end?

Yes.....it seems like that is what you are advocating for

Then apparently you can't read.

I can read very well

"The idea that you have to give the minority a veto in case the majority gets it wrong is tripe"

Eamonnca1

That wasn't my last sentence in that post. Go back and read it again.

Eamonnca1

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 06, 2017, 10:21:49 PM
That wasn't my last sentence in that post. Go back and read it again.

I did but its unintelligible.  The majority will always force their beliefs on the minority

It happens the world over

Gmac

Quote from: Declan on September 06, 2017, 06:40:10 PM
God Bless America - unless you're black

need a bit of context here maybe he matched a description of someone identified as a shooter.

stew

Sickening if true.

You got white privilege????

I know I never did but maybe the snowflakes no differently.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 06, 2017, 11:55:27 PM

Eamon you do not know your ass from your elbow son, you really don't, this is so full of liberal opinion it is sickening.

J70

How do you think white privilege works stew?

Do the cops tell you "we are not going to hassle or assault you because you are a white man". Does the store security guard tell you he is not going to follow you because you are a respectable looking white man? Does the hiring company say " we didn't throw out your resume because you have a white-sounding name".

Is it spelled out when someone benefits from white privilege?

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on September 07, 2017, 10:59:30 AM

Eamon you do not know your ass from your elbow son, you really don't, this is so full of liberal opinion it is sickening.
Looks like those 15 facts really pissed you off... ;D

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on September 07, 2017, 12:11:03 PM
Quote from: stew on September 07, 2017, 10:59:30 AM

Looks like those 15 facts really pissed you off... ;D

Sidley they did not piss me off, they are typically inaccurate points from the left, you seem to take pleasure in me being pissed off, strange because we do not know each other.

Talk to me when you are eamon can actually post facts, no opinion saturated drivel, Hmm K. )

heganboy

Quote from: Gmac on September 07, 2017, 04:29:00 AM

need a bit of context here maybe he matched a description of someone identified as a shooter.

Maybe he did it, and it's all a cunning plot
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

AZOffaly

Las Vegas PD have issued a statement, and it sounds a bit different to be honest. They responded to a call about an active shooter, he was crouched behind a slot machine, and when the cops came he ran. According to them at least.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/las-vegas-pd-michael-bennett-seahawks/6oeh02ig5m7p161po69dbb3dj

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on September 07, 2017, 12:55:26 PM
Sidley they did not piss me off
I don't think your denial is fooling anybody, stewpid...