2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Here are our games in the 2019 League Division 3.

2019 Allianz Football League Provisional Fixtures

Round 1
Saturday 26 January
(7.0): Down v Westmeath
Sunday 27 January
(2.0): Carlow v Sligo
(2.0): Offaly v Laois
TBC Louth v Longford

Round 2
Saturday 2 February
(7.0): Laois v Carlow
Sunday 3 February
2.0): Longford v Offaly
(2.0): Sligo v Down
(2.0): Westmeath v Louth

Round 3
Saturday 9 February
(7.0): Down v Laois
Sunday 10 February
(2.0): Carlow v Longford
(2.0): Offaly v Louth
(2.0): Westmeath v Sligo

Round 4
Saturday 23 February
(7.0): Laois v Westmeath
Sunday 24 February
(2.0): Longford v Down
TBC Louth v Sligo
TBC Offaly v Carlow

Round 5
Saturday 2 March
(7.0): Carlow v Louth
(7.0): Down v Offaly
Sunday 3 March
(2.0): Sligo v Laois
TBC Westmeath v Longford

Round 6
Saturday 16 March
(2.0): Carlow v Down
(2.0): Longford v Sligo
(2.0): Louth v Laois
(2.0): Offaly v Westmeath

Round 7
Sunday 24 March
(2.0): Down v Louth
(2.0): Laois v Longford
(2.0): Sligo v Offaly
(2.0): Westmeath v Carlow

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Laois Rising

Down away is not ideal but looking at the draw we should be there or there about come end of league for promotion. You would be hopeful that the team can kick on again next year.

Butch Cassidy

Sligo away going to replace the famous London trip?

No reason why we can't target promotion. Hopefully Sugrue can add a few players from the club championship

Chrimtain

recyclebin

Lots of local derbies, 6 Leinster teams in the division. Would love if Laois could get back to back promotions.

Chrimtain

I think promotion will be difficult for Laois. The opener against Offaly, under their new manager, is going to be tough for a start.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I think the Down, Longford and Westmeath games will be the hardest to win and we have two of those at home.

Sligo away will not be easy and Carlow will come looking for some sort of revenge for last year but I think we are probably the strongest team in the group and should be pushing hard for promotion..

Tony

It'll be a very competitive League, there wont be much in terms of quality difference between 2nd and 6th. The aim should be for promotion but it wont be a disaster if we stay up in Div 3. Sugrue made leaps and bounds progress in 2018 so it'll be very interesting to see what we can do next year. Would love to see a lot of new faces, as well as the likes of Healy, Merideth and Keogh back to strenghten our backline options. It'll be great to see Sean Moore involved, if he's suitable next year. In fairness, he was quite slight but he has bulked up somewhat. 4 or 5 teams can realistically get promotion; Carlow, Down, Laois are probably the 3 strongest teams on paper but it'll certainly be tight. The difference will be in the preparation this winter.

Chrimtain

Underestimate Offaly at your peril.........especially under Maughan.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

The county Committee have ratified John Sugrue as Senior Football Manager for 2019 his selectors will be put forward at next meeting.
Also Ratified was Billy O Loughlin as u20 Manager and his selectors are Billy Delaney Stradbally and Liam Brophy St Joseph's , Tommy Byrne Coach.

Don Draper

Laoiseabu

I see we've lost home advantage for one of our league Games next year for a " breach of training camp rules". That means 5 away , 2 at home I think

High Fielder

Load of shite in fairness. That a central body can tell you when it's ok to train. Load of shite. That they can place a ban on some counties when everyone is at it. Load of shite. That they somehow differentiate between training as a group and training as an individual. Another load of shite. The GAA heads live in a fantasy world. The modern GAA player can't afford to take time off properly if he wants to retain a certain level of fitness. They want the GAA and its players to be the best that they can be and pride themselves on the fact that this is voluntary and for the love of the sport. Then they go placing bans on lads who want to make themselves more competitive. I'd give the opposing team a walkover and throw the whole thing into chaos. Pure and utter shite

HURLING1

Don. You should delete that rubbish.
Loads of families scourged by illegal drugs.

Giovanni

I'm sure this has nothing whatsoever to do with the money that the GAA would lose if Dublin lost a home game.

High Fielder is right. It's a load of shite. Not only is it a kick in the hole for the players, but it's a kick in the hole for the supporters who will be out of pocket as a result.

If the GAA treated everyone equally, it would be easier to take (even though it is still a load of shite). The treatment of the Laois' and Wexfords of this world is totally out of order. They should fight this to the very end, preferably all 4 counties joning together to do so.