The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

Pretty damn good.  Why are we so lifeless in World Cups?  Bullied Wales at times which is a rare thing.  Conway was in the zone. 

Main Street

That was a good watch, especially impressive in dominating the last 1/4 to get the bonus try.

Tony Baloney

From where I was sittinf it looked like Poitre was riding Ireland. Murray much better today and all round it was hard to pick out a passenger. Bodes well for the rest of the campaign.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 08, 2020, 05:49:00 PM
From where I was sittinf it looked like Poitre was riding Ireland. Murray much better today and all round it was hard to pick out a passenger. Bodes well for the rest of the campaign.

Watching the Scottish game and Ireland shouldn't fear England next day out!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

The commentators though he did good and his decisions held up to scrutiny. He awarded that try to ireland on the assumption that the touch down (unseen) must have been kosher, I thought in that circumstance he'd award the 5m scrum.

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2020, 06:02:08 PM

Wouldn't be reading too much into that it's horrible up in Edinburgh.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on February 08, 2020, 06:21:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2020, 06:02:08 PM

Wouldn't be reading too much into that it's horrible up in Edinburgh.

I know that, I'm talking about the Rugby!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: gallsman on February 08, 2020, 01:03:10 PM
Quote from: Estimator on February 08, 2020, 08:53:26 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12306986

South Africa reportedly in talks to leave the Rugby Championship and join the 6 Nations. The move to happen after the next World Cup.

All tied up with the CVC attempt to buy into the 6 Nations and take commercial control.

There is more money in the 6N

France and the UK are richer and have bigger populations than NZ and Oz

South Africa would make more money.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

gallsman

Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2020, 09:33:52 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 08, 2020, 01:03:10 PM
Quote from: Estimator on February 08, 2020, 08:53:26 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12306986

South Africa reportedly in talks to leave the Rugby Championship and join the 6 Nations. The move to happen after the next World Cup.

All tied up with the CVC attempt to buy into the 6 Nations and take commercial control.

There is more money in the 6N

France and the UK are richer and have bigger populations than NZ and Oz

South Africa would make more money.

Thanks for the unsolicited explanation.

AZOffaly

Gmac

Anyone else think sexton is a bad choice for captain , never seems to have good rapport with the  ref and seems to whine a lot , Paul o Connell was kind of like that too but not as bad as sexton

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gmac on February 09, 2020, 02:53:26 AM
Anyone else think sexton is a bad choice for captain , never seems to have good rapport with the  ref and seems to whine a lot , Paul o Connell was kind of like that too but not as bad as sexton
I enjoyed the bit where he yapped about a Welsh player having his foot over the line and then kicked into touch from 5m away!

GetOverTheBar

Big win for Ireland. Poite was kind to them though in two big decisions I thought though, no real way to be sure VDF was over the line for his try and Henderson probably could have seen yellow on another day for his seatbelt tackle. I'd also argue Parkes try probably should have been given.

That aside, was great to see Conway do his thing. Really good player. CJ Stander delivered a performance you know he has in him (yet could be all over the place in England next round). Sexton had one shocker kick but after that was his usual self. England will give them a hell of a test and will see themselves as the only team able to stop an Irish Grand Slam....we'll see.

All in all, I'm glad for Farrell - he's pulled out two wins in two, you can't argue with that even if I was looking player X/Y/Z out after Scotland (and before!)

johnnycool

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 10, 2020, 11:19:38 AM
Big win for Ireland. Poite was kind to them though in two big decisions I thought though, no real way to be sure VDF was over the line for his try and Henderson probably could have seen yellow on another day for his seatbelt tackle. I'd also argue Parkes try probably should have been given.

That aside, was great to see Conway do his thing. Really good player. CJ Stander delivered a performance you know he has in him (yet could be all over the place in England next round). Sexton had one shocker kick but after that was his usual self. England will give them a hell of a test and will see themselves as the only team able to stop an Irish Grand Slam....we'll see.

All in all, I'm glad for Farrell - he's pulled out two wins in two, you can't argue with that even if I was looking player X/Y/Z out after Scotland (and before!)

The look of pure frustration on Poite's face when he dished out the yellow card to Stander just after he'd won MOTM was priceless.

A positive enough day for Ireland but I think when Wales had possession in the first half in particular they were gaining easy yardage just by going through the phases and that would be a concern as Ireland had the ball for most of that half thankfully but that won't happen every day.

The Scots maybe aren't as bad as they were in the WC and gave England their fill of it only for Hogg to have yet another brainfart.

The Scots scrum was better than Irelands and they were bested by the English, so we'll have our work cut out there as well.