Warrenpoint Town now in Irish League Premiership.

Started by T Fearon, April 27, 2013, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

local players?
what local players would they be?

RealSpiritof98

Confirmed that the Referee is from............. yes Carrickfergus!!!!! The most shocking decision i think ive ever seen.

T Fearon

That is truly shocking.Point should take legal action.

T Fearon

Dunlop was the same referee that robbed Portadown in last year's Irish Cup Final.Why is he even still refereeing? As Barry Gray said in papers today that decision could potentially ruin the club.

supersub

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 30, 2016, 11:50:29 PM
local players?
what local players would they be?

John Boyle, Paudraig Smith, Stephen & Mark Hughes, Stephen Moan, Jonathan Parr, Liam Bagnall, Darren King.

Brick Tamlin

From Warrenpoint ie grew up, reside in the area, attended school etc there.
Clutchin at straws there supersub. Its a team thrown together of people that have no gra for or proper affiliation with Warrenpoint.
See how many of them are still playing for this team in next 3 years.

T Fearon

They're all from the locality,or most of them.Barry Gray said he was having trouble recruiting from outside the area due to the perceived travelling,as some thought Warrenpoint was near Dublin!

thewobbler

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 04, 2016, 05:09:00 PM
Clutchin at straws there supersub. Its a team thrown together of people that have no gra for or proper affiliation with Warrenpoint.

That's a tad unfair. From my recollection, the Point gave more players from Newry & Mourne Premiership football in the past 2 years, than Newry City in their final decade. You could add Danny Hughes and Jonny Cowan to the list above. Also the bulk of the team that took them up had been there a few seasons and went on to play for them in top flight ball. Very few clubs could make a statement like that.

TBH Brick if you want to narrow it down further and only allow people from within 2 miles of the middle of the Point, let's be honest, you'll not make much impact in senior soccer circles.

supersub

Quote from: thewobbler on May 04, 2016, 06:22:53 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 04, 2016, 05:09:00 PM

That's a tad unfair. From my recollection, the Point gave more players from Newry & Mourne Premiership football in the past 2 years, than Newry City in their final decade. You could add Danny Hughes and Jonny Cowan to the list above. Also the bulk of the team that took them up had been there a few seasons and went on to play for them in top flight ball. Very few clubs could make a statement like that.

TBH Brick if you want to narrow it down further and only allow people from within 2 miles of the middle of the Point, let's be honest, you'll not make much impact in senior soccer circles.

On the contrary I think you're the one clutching at straws Brick by narrowing it down in that fashion. Apologies if a few mentioned are from four miles up the dual carriageway! I agree that there are a lot of players from Belfast and surrounding plus Dundalk, but there is still local blood in the squad. As with any team sport, the higher you go up the rankings, the better, more experienced personnel you need. Naturally there will be a drop off of local talent in an area like Warrenpoint. But I'd say they have done extremely well to keep those 6 or 7 local lads in the squad, plus a few others who left during the course of the year.

Aaron Boone

If you put yourself at Mr Dunlop's angle, it could be construed as a high knee into the opposing player's midriff. Decision penalty kick.

The Subbie

Quote from: Aaron Boone on May 06, 2016, 12:30:35 AM
If you put yourself at Mr Dunlop's angle, it could be construed as a high knee into the opposing player's midriff. Decision penalty kick.

WUM.

RealSpiritof98

Warrenpoint Town might be getting a reprieve, ineligible players rears its head again in this joke of a league, the relegation play-off tonight meaningless as Warrenpoint will play-off and Carrick Rangers will be relegated.

rrhf

Seriously though, and I think Soccor as a sport has its place but why do they pay players when they have no money themselves? All these semi pros etc..  Would they not be better changing the model and admit that Ireland and Irish people have little enough money of their own without going to see and pay wages of lads who would play the game anyway as their hobby if they werent paid.  Some clubs dont even own their own pitches supposedly and yet pay out hundreds of pounds a week to guys who are no more capable of making it as a professional footballer than the man on the moon. 

stew

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on May 01, 2016, 12:21:35 AM
Confirmed that the Referee is from............. yes Carrickfergus!!!!! The most shocking decision i think ive ever seen.

Absolutely disgraceful appointment, having watched that decision about twenty times he should never be allowed to ref at any level ever again.

The point can apoesl all they want but deck all will be done, I hope they bounce straight back up and Carsick get relegated next term.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Skinner Bradley got an Irish Cup medal today with Glenavon and set up the opening goal in a 2 nil win over Linfield.