Ryder Cup thread ???

Started by Minder, October 02, 2016, 10:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

I started it but I didn't delete it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Asal Mor

The 7 British players all lost. The 5 non-British players all got something from their matches.

screenexile

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 02, 2016, 10:40:52 PM
The 7 British players all lost. The 5 non-British players all got something from their matches.

McIlroy is Irish though???

Asal Mor

Quote from: screenexile on October 02, 2016, 10:44:03 PM

McIlroy is Irish though???
I suppose he is but that doesn't really suit the point I was making.

lenny

Europe will have a better chance in the next one then without the brits. ;) Made for great tv today. Garcia and mickleson had some match, unbelievable finish. Reed and Mcilroy was a great game also. Clarke made a big mistake only giving sullivan, wood and fitzpatrick one game each before today. It's no surprise they lost today, the captain had indicated he had no confidence in them.

thewobbler

If you reckon Europe lost because of Clarke - instead of because the American team drained every putt they had to, and at least a dozen they had no right to - then you should take your copy of the Sun and go back to the toilet.

I'm no fan of Clarke, but 12 of the best players in the word just put on a show for the USA. The world rankings were very very right this time. Captaincy was irrelevant.

Asal Mor

It was a very high standard and the talent gap was always going to be too big if the Americans played to their potential.

Danny Willett's tweet a couple of hours ago.........

Very strange week here at the Ryder cup.. Tried my best but played poorly.. Unfortunately some american fans showed that @P_J_Willett was in fact correct.. Nothing to blame my bad play on.. But still shows that sometimes fans don't know when to call it a day.. Shame really!!

Bord na Mona man

Willett has just made himself the permanent successor to Monty with the American galleries.
He looked a beaten man from the very start of the tournament.

You can only blame Clarke so much. Bad decisions aside, the qualification left him with a few more light weights than he would have hoped.
Picking 12 Euros to take on the Americans and you'd still have Shane Lowry, Luke Donald and Russell Knox on it. I'll take the point on Lowry's recent form, but he can actually play and win on American courses.

Any hope of a comeback died when Westwood missed a gimme at the end of Saturday. 9-7 down would have been Oak Hill 1995 comeback territory. 9.5 to 6.5 required a near repeat of the 'Miracle of Medinah'. I'd imagine it killed the belief of the team.

screenexile

Jaysus it doesn't make good reading this morning... Rory and Rose giving out about the course being too easy when it was the same for both teams... Willett saying his brother was right, Rory giving out about fans drinking beer at 7.35am as if the Irish fans over there weren't the ones propping up the bar!!

All they have to say is "Americans were better than us... we'll be better in Paris" why do they need to keep complaining??

Walter Cronc

Thought the exact same! Quit complaining and move on.

I cant envisage the French golf public being overly hostile however in 2 years time.

Applesisapples

There is a culture amongst American sports fans that is an anathema to this side of the Atlantic, but you would here worse at any soccer match on a Saturday. McIlroy made a dick out of himself my confronting that other dick shouting abuse. His own behaviour in roaring and shouting, his bowing Rose's bowing were all fuel on the fire. Suck it up, the yanks had better players, Phil had a point to prove and the best team won. I'm not overly convinced that Clarke and Willet did not have a hand in the brothers tweets.

screenexile

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 03, 2016, 04:47:21 PM
There is a culture amongst American sports fans that is an anathema to this side of the Atlantic, but you would here worse at any soccer match on a Saturday. McIlroy made a dick out of himself my confronting that other dick shouting abuse. His own behaviour in roaring and shouting, his bowing Rose's bowing were all fuel on the fire. Suck it up, the yanks had better players, Phil had a point to prove and the best team won. I'm not overly convinced that Clarke and Willet did not have a hand in the brothers tweets.

Nah there's no way they had a hand in that... what was there possibly to gain from it??

muppet

I blame Brexit.
MWWSI 2017