Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: redzone on June 15, 2018, 11:13:53 PM
Go to bed you Armagh knob Head

Good to have the Tyrone County Board on GAA Board

laceer

The bench emptying. 10+ suspensions suggests serious misconduct no matter how you'd like to view it.

smelmoth

Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 11:17:30 PM
The bench emptying. 10+ suspensions suggests serious misconduct no matter how you'd like to view it.

Are anyone of those suspensions for something worse than the flying shoulder?

laceer

f**k this is tedious.

The 'flying shoulder' was not good. Other Tyrone players also transgressed. Does that make you content?

I stand by my opinion that Armagh's behaviour on the pitch was poor (subs and officials entering the field to join a row), and Tyrone's was poor thereafter(appealing the result).

Feel free to disagree with any or all of this. Oiche Mhaith 

omaghjoe

Quote from: smelmoth on June 15, 2018, 11:08:55 PM
Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 11:05:15 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on June 15, 2018, 10:50:54 PM
Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 10:44:53 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on June 15, 2018, 09:36:38 PM
Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 09:05:18 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 15, 2018, 05:06:15 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 15, 2018, 01:20:49 PM
Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 11:51:04 AM
Embarrassing episode for all sides. Armagh's behaviour during the game, and Tyrone's afterwards, has been poor.

Totally agree - best summary to date!

Except he/she left out Tyrone's behaviour during the game

The poor behaviour I referred to during the game was the subs and officials running onto the pitch to join a row. Let the players sort it and it wouldn't have escalated.

Many, including all who actually know the meaning of the word would conclude that a melee that included all 30 players had in fact already "escalated".

I'm not defending those who ran on. They are bang to rights and will struggle to evade punishment

Further escalated, then.

Must go and hoke out the dictionary so i don't offend you in future.

I'm more interested in your argument that the 30 man brawl didn't involve poor behaviour. And that the poor behaviour only commenced when the Tyrone and Armagh benches ran on. And that some how the 30 players sorting it out for themselves would have been ok.

It's not an argument, it's an opinion.

I believe that the worst behaviour on the pitch involved subs and officials joining a row.

The worst behaviour after the match (apart from the shite talked on this thread) involved appealing the result.

Twist that whatever way suits. Good luck in the final.

An opinion based on what though?

What did you see that was worse that the Tyrone forward steaming in with the flying shoulder?

Worse than that?......Everythin pretty much... that was the best thing I saw in the whole melee.

BennyHarp

Quote from: smelmoth on June 15, 2018, 11:18:56 PM
Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 11:17:30 PM

Are anyone of those suspensions for something worse than the flying shoulder?

If you seriously want to have a discussion about a hierarchy of misdemeanours I would start off by saying that the coach of an underage team getting involved in a brawl with underage players top trumps nearly everything I'm afraid.
That was never a square ball!!

WT4E

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 15, 2018, 05:22:06 PM
https://www.balls.ie/gaa/armagh-u20-manager-guinea-pigs-391023

Quotebut all it took was one rash incident from a Tyrone player and it was a tinderbox.

I think this sums up armagh right here... i was embarrassed by tyrone putting in an appeal but if i was an armagh person reading this tripe in a national news forum id be more than embarrassed.

Owen Brannigan

Any word on Tyrone suspensions? If so will they affect anyone playing for seniors?

How long are the proposed Armagh suspensions?

Surely any suspensions after appeal would end any summer playing?

The Trap

Peter would need to have a look on the mirror....tyrone are a point up why would they want a melee? Wasting time yes melee no......armagh were a point down with time up and seized the opportunity to get stuck into bitter rivals.. ....they then got an equaliser and lo and behold went on to win.....ulater council review footage and find that 10 of their players and manager deserve suspension....if they are shown to have struck on a video then ALL should stand......doesnt matter Peter that they got in to an ulster final and it would be devastating for these lads. This kind of incident needs to be heavily punished........oisin said it is draconian. It is not. He did say that the GAa needs to be consistent and I totally agree with him on that. We will see how many of these lads end up playing next week.....

tonto1888

Quote from: laceer on June 15, 2018, 11:53:32 PM
f**k this is tedious.

The 'flying shoulder' was not good. Other Tyrone players also transgressed. Does that make you content?

I stand by my opinion that Armagh's behaviour on the pitch was poor (subs and officials entering the field to join a row), and Tyrone's was poor thereafter(appealing the result).

Feel free to disagree with any or all of this. Oiche Mhaith

Tyrone's behaviour on the pitch was poor also. Re the suspensions, I hope they're justified. Will Tyrone okayers have theirs carried over to senior football or club or are they hollow? That's for the guys who have played their last U20!game

longballin

I think the point is they wouldnt suspend a senior county team like this. Derrytresk got a similar hammer..

SkillfulBill

Quote from: longballin on June 16, 2018, 11:54:14 AM
I think the point is they wouldnt suspend a senior county team like this. Derrytresk got a similar hammer..

What happens if a player is not u20 next year does the suspensions  carry over into club football ?

longballin

Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 16, 2018, 12:06:05 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 16, 2018, 11:54:14 AM

What happens if a player is not u20 next year does the suspensions  carry over into club football ?

I dunno

Throw ball

Have I got lost somewhere. Surely both teams are guilty in a melee. I have yet to see a brawl involving just one team. Both teams are to blame. Reading some Tyrone posters it would seem that they are blameless. No wonder threads involving Tyrone go on for an eternity. Man up. Admit both teams were wrong. There is too much of this going on in every county.

barelegs

I haven't seen anyone from Tyrone say they were in the right. Tyrone got 7 suspensions according to Teamtalk yesterday. If Tyrone had hung on they'd have had 7 players missing from the final.

There was 2.5 minutes of 3 extra minutes played when Armagh scored the point that was a half chance for a goal. I think most people assumed the ref would blow the game up from the kick out and Armagh's last chance had gone. That's when the row started. Armagh were certainly alot quicker into the row with their subs and management. Tyrone played their part no doubt but the fear of missing a final was playing a bit more on Tyrone minds than Armagh at that stage.