Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keeperlit

Quote from: rrhf on June 15, 2018, 12:30:39 AM
Not worried that the appeal has failed. Tyrone are out..What worries me most and I have seen it in club football. Why is their no sanction for a team who when they fall behind behind, they want to get a game abandoned by turning a scrap into a subs and management field invasion. That is what happened here. Fair play to the ref for not abandoning the game and also FairPlay to Armagh. They came back after rattling Tyrone. In the row

:) :) :) :)

Jeremiah O

Correct decision has been made.Now I hope Armagh go on and hammer the shite outta them Derry hoors!
Unconquered and unconquerable

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 14, 2018, 09:10:22 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2018, 08:57:52 AM
Why was Darragh Canavan not on panel?

I believe he had the decision to stay off it this year as he was playing too much football. Hopefully we see him out next year.

A sensible decision by parents who value education and exam success above football.  U20 squads have plenty of lads in the middle of their AS and A levels and shouldn't be pulled away to train and play at this time.

nrico2006

Quote from: Therealdonald on June 14, 2018, 07:18:43 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 14, 2018, 09:10:22 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 14, 2018, 08:57:52 AM
Why was Darragh Canavan not on panel?

I believe he had the decision to stay off it this year as he was playing too much football. Hopefully we see him out next year.

I actually think there's something to do with birthdays and when the players turn 18 might be the reason. Is there not a rule for this or something?

Was originally thinking something like that myself, but surely there isn't a restriction on players playing county because they are too old for u-17 and too young for u-20?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

oakleaflad

Quote from: Jeremiah O on June 15, 2018, 07:19:48 AM
Correct decision has been made.Now I hope Armagh go on and hammer the shite outta them Derry hoors!
I'm glad Armagh weren't thrown out. You would rather win the final than be handed a trophy because of a team being disqualified.
That being said, anyone involved in the melee or who left the bench to get involved should be given a one game suspension  ;)

illdecide

Quote from: oakleaflad on June 15, 2018, 09:38:11 AM
Quote from: Jeremiah O on June 15, 2018, 07:19:48 AM
I'm glad Armagh weren't thrown out. You would rather win the final than be handed a trophy because of a team being disqualified.
That being said, anyone involved in the melee or who left the bench to get involved should be given a one game suspension  ;)

;D, v good Oakie. Would be a damp squib if we were to lose this now to the big Derry men...surely you men will go easy on us apple munchers ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

smelmoth

The first issue was the appeal. That has been thrown out. Will be interesting to see how refereeing errors will be treated in Tyrone Club football given the Tyrone County Board believe such games should be replayed even if the error impacted both sides equally.

The second issue of punishments for the melee is entirely separate. Any update on that? Like all melees 90% is ugly but just pushing and shirt pulling. Can't see any individual punishments for that. More likely to be fines for the County Boards given the scale of it.

There is no doubt that there are more serious offences in the middle of that but not easy to pick out too many specifics. The subs are probably in the biggest trouble as merely running on to the pitch and getting involved will be punished

smelmoth

Tyrone corner forward must be in big trouble. If you look at the footage after about 10 seconds he comes sprinting in at speed and dives shoulder first into a back of a group of players. You have the question the mentality and mental age of such an individual. On the street that's straight forward assault

toby47

Ten Armagh U20s suspended for their Ulster Final meeting with Derry on June 24th

Taylor

Thats what I call a proper suspension.

If the GAA are consistent in doing this in all types of brawls irrespective of level it will eradicate them in no time.

Proper order.

Until the appeal comes in.

What are Armagh like at appeals? Have they any Fergal Logan types?

I would be confident we would get at least 6 of those off.......if not them all  ;D ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: toby47 on June 15, 2018, 11:21:46 AM
Ten Armagh U20s suspended for their Ulster Final meeting with Derry on June 24th

Free the Armagh 10.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

keeperlit

Any word of who?

Tyrdub

Quote from: armaghniac on June 15, 2018, 11:45:11 AM

Free the Armagh 10.

They will appeal and most, but not all, will get off

screenexile

Quote from: armaghniac on June 15, 2018, 11:45:11 AM

Free the Armagh 10.

Remember the same thing happening in the MacRory final in 1996 after Maghera started a crazy row against poor St. Mary's who had played all the football on the day . . . I think they had 7 players suspended and it ultimately cost them the Hogan Cup that year.

laceer

Embarrassing episode for all sides. Armagh's behaviour during the game, and Tyrone's afterwards, has been poor.