Football qualifier route 2018

Started by cornetto, April 04, 2018, 12:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornetto

Armagh will be one of the toughest teams to get for any of the div 1 or 2 sides in the 1st round draw.
When it is last chance saloon a home game is huge.
Jesus if it's Armagh v tyrone would you write armagh off?
even mayo or Cavan wouldn't fancy that trip north, not in the first round anyway.

tippabu

Quote from: cornetto on May 24, 2018, 08:49:07 PM
Armagh will be one of the toughest teams to get for any of the div 1 or 2 sides in the 1st round draw.
even mayo or Cavan wouldn't fancy that trip north, not in the first round anyway.

Plus if a division 3/4 team draw a division 1/2 team then home advantage is given to the team from div 3/4 I think so Armagh are more than a match for and div 3/4 team and hone advantage for against anyone else

Rossfan

Did Armagh only put out a weakened team against Fermanagh or what?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

What Armagh team are you talking about? Surely not the one that just got hammered by 14 men in Enniskillen?

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on May 24, 2018, 10:18:18 PM
Did Armagh only put out a weakened team against Fermanagh or what?

Shit. Our cunning plan has been worked out.

Farrandeelin

I.would write them off v Tyrone.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

cornetto

Quote from: Syferus on May 24, 2018, 10:22:10 PM

What Armagh team are you talking about? Surely not the one that just got hammered by 14 men in Enniskillen?

It was Armagh with the fourteen,I know they were beaten fairly tamely , very similar to last year and yet  they reached an all Ireland  quarter final.time will tell I suppose.

Syferus

Quote from: cornetto on May 24, 2018, 10:50:48 PM

It was Armagh with the fourteen,I know they were beaten fairly tamely , very similar to last year and yet  they reached an all Ireland  quarter final.time will tell I suppose.

My error. There's a least three teams in R1 that would account for them handily enough.

Orior

Quote from: cornetto on April 11, 2018, 09:01:19 AM
Well the first round losers have plenty of time to lick their wounds before the first qualifier match and then it's make or break.

Dates for qualifier rounds:

9th june (1st round)
23rd June (2nd round)
30 June  (3rd round)
7th July (4th round)

When will the draw be made?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossfan on May 22, 2018, 09:01:37 AM
Draw next Monday morning on RTÉ Radio 1.
Pay attention!😅😁
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rufus T Firefly

Sorry, but I just cannot agree with that assessment.

In our wilderness years between 1982 and 1999, Armagh were very inconsistent, but had the ability on their day to give someone a bloody nose - Dublin in the league quarter-final of 1994 and Donegal (then All Ireland Champions) in the Ulster semi-final draw in Breffni Park in 1993. However there was no chance we would win anything as we couldn't string two big performances together, but there was always the hope of one big effort.

There is simply nothing to suggest that Armagh could trouble Mayo or Tyrone - the poverty stricken nature of the Fermanagh defeat, and the reaction to it, can only have undermined self belief and confidence. Everything is pointing to an early exit.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on May 25, 2018, 11:09:21 AM
Pay attention!😅😁

It'll also be on RTE news now channel. I have the popcorn at the ready.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tonto1888

What Armagh team are you talking about? Surely not the 14 man Armagh team who just got beaten in Enniskillen?

BennyCake

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 25, 2018, 01:11:34 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 25, 2018, 11:09:21 AM
Pay attention!😅😁

It'll also be on RTE news now channel. I have the popcorn at the ready.

If that's what Mayo folk usually eat for breakfast, no wonder Sam hasn't been won ;)

highorlow

More wounded tigers added to the draw.

Hoping now for a trip to Navan as I need a new carpet for the living room in anyways.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go