Jobs, Jobs and Jobs !!!

Started by DrinkingHarp, January 21, 2013, 01:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

I have not seen anyone posting in the past few months about losing their job, is it picking back up or is everyone just moving to OZ/Canada?

A few people and myself were talking about which industries are picking up and which ones were ready to take off in the next couple of years. It seems the trades/construction is the unanimous number one pick for regrowth due to its horrible decline over the last 5 or so years. Next followed  the Green Industries, Healthcare, Banking/Finance, Funeral Services, Logistics/Transportation, Supply Chain Management, IT, Energy and Agriculture in no particular order.

What positions/industries do you see employment growth in the next 3-7 years?
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

lawnseed

electrical engineering.. turbines, solar, hydro. definate growth industry
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

armaghniac

QuoteFuneral Services,

Is demand rising here? I would have thought this one of the most stable industries.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

supersarsfields

Definitely Green Industrys and recycling. Mechanical engineering and electrical both going well at minute from what I see, even know I'd say mechanical has prob peaked. Mostly for export obviously. IT is still a big area. But more so on the programming rather than technical support.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on January 21, 2013, 11:36:33 AM
QuoteFuneral Services,

Is demand rising here? I would have thought this one of the most stable industries.

Yes, very popular in winter time!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

QuoteYes, very popular in winter time!!

Can you not just freeze the cadavers and bury them in Spring when demand is less?

Bingo

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bingo on January 23, 2013, 05:37:19 PM
Quote from: Declan on January 23, 2013, 05:06:07 PM
http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/intel-gets-goahead-for-massive-expansion-at-leixlip-plant-3363045.html

good news

Its a very positve move alright but seems to be alot of work to be done yet to secure it for that Intel site.
Would like to see the books on how that 27 million payment to Kildare County Council is spent.

armaghniac

This is the planning end of things sorted, but Intel sales are not buoyant so securing the plant is a further step.

The Iceman

with the changing weather and heavier snow falls i'm surprised nobody is setting up some kind of snow removal service for the winter months? Quad with a plough, a pickup truck with a plough. They are charging $100 - $150 an hour here for shop car parks and some lads doing people drives for $50 at a time. Nice wee add on business for any landscaping company or company that slows down in winter....

solar has really exploded in america so green technology and construction is definitely on the rise

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Fleg-maker.

Messiah.

Oil/gas industry.

Security for oil/gas industry.

Tow truck in South Kerry.
MWWSI 2017