Ulster Club SFC 2018

Started by oakleaflad, October 03, 2018, 09:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebuzz

Quote from: lurganblue on December 05, 2018, 01:13:13 PM
I'm sure slaughtneil etc did it too but we just didnt get the twitter videos so easily from high profile players. It's great to have a small insight into the celebrations. That's what club GAA is all about for me. The players who have slogged all year getting to go on the rip together and celebrate their success as a community! The game is becoming far too serious without removing this craic!!

My lad said he saw plenty of Slaughtneil lads enjoying themselves around Magherafelt and sure why not???

spuds

Quote from: Keyser soze on December 05, 2018, 01:12:08 PM
Quote from: spuds on December 05, 2018, 12:53:25 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on December 05, 2018, 11:53:42 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 05, 2018, 11:50:32 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on December 05, 2018, 11:44:44 AM
It's embarassing seeing two grown men make fools of themselves.

ah ffs Keyser..surely there's still craic to be had on this planet ?! That was comedy gold, the scarf, the vest...I'd say Corofin had a good laugh at the video.

I laughed at it too as I am sure everyone else who saw it did. But at the same time them lads have not a titter of wit between them.

Which is it?

Which is what?
View the options in bold.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Franko

Quote from: skeog on December 05, 2018, 10:32:42 AM
Is drink not one of the biggest scourge in Irish society.Dont agree with drunken images been shared on social media.Didnt see any images of recent Ulster club winners Slaughneil posting pictures of themselves legless.

You must be blind so.

imtommygunn

It's official.

Cassidy has finally went home ;D

However Neil McGee is still on the rip!

brokencrossbar1

Jeez some shower of dry balls on here 😂. If you think this is reflective of the substance abuse problems in this country then don't go anywhere near the outside of many bars/nitcubs any Saturday night!  Lads letting off some steam after busting their bollix for months....good on them I say and I just wish I still was where they are now as it's gone in a blink of an eye.

Taylor

The lads will start coming round today after a night with zero sleep   :'(

TheGreatest

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 06, 2018, 07:59:11 AM
Jeez some shower of dry balls on here 😂. If you think this is reflective of the substance abuse problems in this country then don't go anywhere near the outside of many bars/nitcubs any Saturday night!  Lads letting off some steam after busting their bollix for months....good on them I say and I just wish I still was where they are now as it's gone in a blink of an eye.

100% correct, deserve to let lose for a couple of days, a once in a life time achievement for some, every team and club do it and all levels and codes, too many PC brigade in the modern era giving out, what next.

imtommygunn

Yeah Cassidy has got himself in some shape this season and he'd hardly be in that shape if he was at that all the time. He just strikes you as one of these boys who when they're "on it" they're on it but probably don't do it that regularly. I would also imagine that missing out on the Ai this is maybe the biggest win of his career so a massive deal for him.

JoG2

Quote from: TheGreatest on December 06, 2018, 10:16:07 AM

100% correct, deserve to let lose for a couple of days, a once in a life time achievement for some, every team and club do it and all levels and codes, too many PC brigade in the modern era giving out, what next.

imagine a few years back having to actually back players for having a rip and enjoying themselves after winning a cup?

"we live in a post joke world"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAI9rbzWTGY

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: JoG2 on December 06, 2018, 10:55:08 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on December 06, 2018, 10:16:07 AM

imagine a few years back having to actually back players for having a rip and enjoying themselves after winning a cup?

"we live in a post joke world"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAI9rbzWTGY

I know!  I recall when we won the first Ulster we drank in Belfast till Wednesday,  I had a professional law exam on Friday so had to take Thursday off, went back at it Friday and Saturday, played the u21 final on Sunday and won it and then went on it again for a few days.... the thing was too we beat Bellaghy in the final and we drank with Harpo Doherty, Joe Cass and the Bellaghy crew all week....Harpo and myself drank a tray of Guinness from teh Hatfield that was at least 2 months out of date ;D

spuds

Anyone know what the attendance was for the Ulster final last Sunday in Omagh?
John Hubbard

Gabriel_Hurl

5,313 it says in the Hogan Stand report

spuds

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 08, 2018, 05:00:59 PM
5,313 it says in the Hogan Stand report

Wonder if that was another under reporting of crowd or accurate. Seemed a good atmosphere from TV. Healy park can hold 18,500 according to Wiki.
John Hubbard