Ulster Club SFC 2018

Started by oakleaflad, October 03, 2018, 09:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen Brannigan

Maiden1

Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 02, 2018, 05:10:01 PM
Do yellow cards get wiped for Extra Time?

I thought Kieran Hughes was booked twice, but he wasn't sent off.
Football

A yellow card does not carry into extra-time.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/0409/693081-gaa-rule-changes-to-take-effect-at-weekend/

I think I remember Shorty Trainer getting 2 yellows in league 1/4 final in mid 90s and Down going back to 15 players for extra time. Not sure if that still a rule.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

yellowcard

Must do, I think the Geeedore 7 also got 2 yellows.

Gael85

Quote from: yellowcard on December 02, 2018, 05:25:14 PM

Must do, I think the Geeedore 7 also got 2 yellows.

7 was booked twice.

Tatler Jack

delgany

First time i noticed this happening, both teams provided the referee  with a new team sheet at start of extra time.  Under official guide deemed a new game

Rudi

Very entertaining game of football played by 2 very committed sides. The pitch in Omagh is poor and not worthy of a game of this quality.

yellowcard

Athletic grounds surely would have provided a better playing surface for a game of this magnitude, Omagh pitch is renowned for being a wet pitch and there were a few patches with surface water that players had to tread like eggshells around.

Not sure who the referee was but he had a very good match and despite both teams getting bodies back, it was a real battle with no shortage of quality given the conditions.

mrdeeds

Quote from: yellowcard on December 02, 2018, 09:01:35 PM
Athletic grounds surely would have provided a better playing surface for a game of this magnitude, Omagh pitch is renowned for being a wet pitch and there were a few patches with surface water that players had to tread like eggshells around.

Not sure who the referee was but he had a very good match and despite both teams getting bodies back, it was a real battle with no shortage of quality given the conditions.

Referee was Noel Mooney from Cavan. Miles ahead of any other referee in Cavan especially McQuillan.

Main Street

The ref took his time with dishing out the red card to Carey, was he waiting for the confirmation via his earpiece?

Owen Brannigan

It also would have provided an atmosphere for the game which Omagh can never do on any occasion. Unfortunately that would have given the Gweedore people a further 35 miles to travel.

Full credit to the players for keeping their feet throughout the game given the amount of rain that fell in Omagh today. The game must have been in some doubt given the rainfall on Saturday and through the night.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: mrdeeds on December 02, 2018, 09:05:15 PM

Referee was Noel Mooney from Cavan. Miles ahead of any other referee in Cavan especially McQuillan.

He did really well in a difficult game with tensions running high and some difficult players on each side.  He took his time and was never the centre of attention that so many of the so called top referees seem to want to be nowadays.  He kept his cool, worked with his officials and took no nonsense from either side.

Fair play to Cassidy at the end of the normal time when he diffused the situation as his players surrounded the referee to complain about his last decision against them and managed to keep some lunatic back from the sideline who was rushing towards the ref.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on December 02, 2018, 09:39:52 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on December 02, 2018, 09:05:15 PM

He did really well in a difficult game with tensions running high and some difficult players on each side.  He took his time and was never the centre of attention that so many of the so called top referees seem to want to be nowadays.  He kept his cool, worked with his officials and took no nonsense from either side.

Fair play to Cassidy at the end of the normal time when he diffused the situation as his players surrounded the referee to complain about his last decision against them and managed to keep some lunatic back from the sideline who was rushing towards the ref.

Took his time and got the right decisions, he's talking to 7 officials, live! Job done
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

Forgot to say thought the ref was very good.

Itchy

Great to see some positivity about a referee display. Tough intense game in horrible conditions. I thought he did a top job.