Ulster Club SFC 2018

Started by oakleaflad, October 03, 2018, 09:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2018, 11:28:30 PM
It's not something that happens very often. It happens less often to physios, I imagine.
Yet it happened twice to this physio in the one game? Odd.
The number 5 did it right in front of me. I honestly didn't see what number 4 did I just assumed he had struck out.

Orior

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on November 04, 2018, 12:44:15 AM
I don't know if anyone else noticed Tony Keenan going up to young McConville and putting his arm around him and having a quiet word with him after missing his goal chance, could it possibly have been a penalty for a foot block?, a nice touch from a senior player.

How did Tony play at full forward? Assuming that is Jim McConville's son, he is a pretty good minor.

Cross are just one or two players away from being an Ulster winning team.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

regal

Quote from: Orior on November 04, 2018, 09:10:04 AM
I don't know if anyone else noticed Tony Keenan going up to young McConville and putting his arm around him and having a quiet word with him after missing his goal chance, could it possibly have been a penalty for a foot block?, a nice touch from a senior player.

How did Tony play at full forward? Assuming that is Jim McConville's son, he is a pretty good minor.

I'm presuming Jamie isn't an option at this stage?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: regal on November 04, 2018, 10:15:40 AM

Nope. He can't play till next season

Over the Bar

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 04, 2018, 10:16:10 AM

Can't?....or just wouldn't get selected ahead of lads who've got Cross this far?  How many weeks do you have to wait after playing abroad?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Over the Bar on November 04, 2018, 11:01:47 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 04, 2018, 10:16:10 AM

Can't?....or just wouldn't get selected ahead of lads who've got Cross this far?  How many weeks do you have to wait after playing abroad?

He has played in senior championship so he's ineligible till next season. I'm not sure of how it works but whatever transfer he got means he can't play.

TheClutch

Quote from: mackers on November 03, 2018, 10:46:21 PM
It's not just a Tyrone thing in fairness. Maghery have been throwing balls onto the field in the same way for the last couple of years.  So much so that the stewards went up behind the goals during the semi final with Ballymacnab.

Stevie McDonnell; who is in with Burren was kicking footballs on during Kilcoo kickouts towards end of the Down SFC final. Awful thing to see from management - he done it 3/4 times and nothing was done.

Predicitons for Burren / Scotstown? Personally I think Scotstown by 5/6
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: TheClutch on November 04, 2018, 11:40:14 AM
It's not just a Tyrone thing in fairness. Maghery have been throwing balls onto the field in the same way for the last couple of years.  So much so that the stewards went up behind the goals during the semi final with Ballymacnab.

Stevie McDonnell; who is in with Burren was kicking footballs on during Kilcoo kickouts towards end of the Down SFC final. Awful thing to see from management - he done it 3/4 times and nothing was done.

Jesus that's disappointing if true, and I'm not doubting it. Look we all play the game on the edge. A tackle here, a hit there, I hate trash talk and think it's a blight. But the thing is it's now part of the game at all levels. I hate feigning injury too. I wish across the board shot like this stopped as the reality is that the team who has the better players and focuses mostly on the football generally wins competitions. Dark Arts may win the odd game but football wins championships. I feel Coalisland focused too much on trying to disrupt us rather than trying to win the game.

Scotstown will win today. They have too much fire power and in Beggan they have a serious weapon from kick outs and free kicks.

thewobbler

I'm not sure if people are overestimating Scotstown or underestimating Burren, but why anyone would think one is a formality is beyond me. Burren are well balanced side and have enough big men in their panel to take to winter football like naturals.

BennyCake

Quote from: TheClutch on November 04, 2018, 11:40:14 AM

Them down fellas are obviously a bad influence on him

BennyCake

Maybe, but they're also only two games away from being an ulster winning team

downtown

Coalisland probably seen the young cross ones throwing the ball onto the field before the Ballymacnab kick outs in the Armagh final. Well directed by adult supervision also. Do what ever ya need to do to win and all that. Cross going to take Ulster now I'd reckon. Will take a lot of beating

tonto1888

Quote from: downtown on November 04, 2018, 01:31:01 PM
Coalisland probably seen the young cross ones throwing the ball onto the field before the Ballymacnab kick outs in the Armagh final. Well directed by adult supervision also.

Didn't happen

Schkite

Scotstown 5-3 up over Burren

Beggan just scored a point from play

Throw ball

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 04, 2018, 02:49:47 PM
Quote from: downtown on November 04, 2018, 01:31:01 PM
Coalisland probably seen the young cross ones throwing the ball onto the field before the Ballymacnab kick outs in the Armagh final. Well directed by adult supervision also.

Didn't happen

Agreed.