Ulster Club SFC 2018

Started by oakleaflad, October 03, 2018, 09:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Tough one to win but that's what it's all about. The ref had his hands full. Each sending off was deserved. 2 bookings for 3 and each of them were bookings. Coalisland had no 4 sent off for a straight red for spitting on our physios face. They also had adults deliberately throwing the ball onto the field from behind the goals. They were getting the kids to get the balls and were holding them to the next lockout. Deliberately doing it. You reap what you sow

Norf Tyrone

Why did Coalisland take the point with the last gasp free??
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Throw ball

Cross had a bad day at office but still won. Familar story for us Armagh people. BCB right though. Cross a new team at this stage a bit too early.

JoG2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 03, 2018, 08:46:14 PM
Tough one to win but that's what it's all about. The ref had his hands full. Each sending off was deserved. 2 bookings for 3 and each of them were bookings. Coalisland had no 4 sent off for a straight red for spitting on our physios face. They also had adults deliberately throwing the ball onto the field from behind the goals. They were getting the kids to get the balls and were holding them to the next lockout. Deliberately doing it. You reap what you sow

This kind of carryon is ridiculous, not just because it's absolutely daft, but psychologically it sends a very negative message from management (there's no way these boys were doing this of their on volition) to players.

Cross are some outfit. 6 AI's and they look like they are rising again! Winning never gets old. BCB1, by reading some posts on here, you've won a couple yourself, I'd say very little comes close to that feeling.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: JoG2 on November 03, 2018, 09:50:49 PM

This kind of carryon is ridiculous, not just because it's absolutely daft, but psychologically it sends a very negative message from management (there's no way these boys were doing this of their on volition) to players.

Cross are some outfit. 6 AI's and they look like they are rising again! Winning never gets old. BCB1, by reading some posts on here, you've won a couple yourself, I'd say very little comes close to that feeling.

Absolutely directed. The young lads were behind the Cross goals in the first half and then in the second. There was a young lad wearing a grey and red half zip and he could be clearly seen. There were two men, one wearing a blue hat and a Coalisland rain jacket. It stinks of gamesmanship of the highest order and teaching a 12-13 year old that this is how you win. If this is what Damien O Hagan feels he needs to employ then they get what they deserve.

There's nothing beats winning JoG2 but this team has a lot to do to get there yet. They can and tonight will have taught them a huge lesson but the next game will be another level. I am lucky in that I have a few medals but these young lads need to step up to a new level as Autumn football is not for the feint hearted!!

Armagh18

I'm no Cross fan, but those Tyrone lads would sicken you with their antics. Didn't see what number 4 was sent off for but the Coalisland number 5 should have went as well in the second half, Rian O'Neill put him over the sideline with a hard and fair hit, and the number 5 got up and spat in the Cross physio's face. Hanratty's second yellow looked very harsh to me although I was at the far end. Have to say, Rian O'Neill is a serious footballer but a special mention has to go to Aaron Kernan, sublime as ever and still going as fast in the 60th minute as the 1st, class act.

mackers

It's not just a Tyrone thing in fairness. Maghery have been throwing balls onto the field in the same way for the last couple of years.  So much so that the stewards went up behind the goals during the semi final with Ballymacnab.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

yellowcard

Rian O'Neill will get the plaudits and rightly so but it was a big test for Cross tonight and they came through it. They won't rack up 24 points in an Ulster club cship match but grinding out a victory tonight will be worth its weight in gold to them. Still think there are some weaknesses in this Cross team but with the 2 O'Neills at the top of their game they have a good chance of winning Ulster.

Disgusting behavior from the Coalisland man spitting into the Cross Physio's face if true.

The floodlit games in Armagh generate a great atmosphere, hope the final is a late Saturday evening throw in.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2018, 11:00:09 PM
So, going by reports on here, both the Coalisland no 4 & no 5 spat in the Crossmaglen physio's face at different stages of the game.

That seems odd. So odd indeed that I imagine people have got their stories mixed up at some stage. If not, that's very odd.

Whatever about no 5, I was told from a very reliable source that that's what 4 got it for. It was a very strange one indeed as there was no one on the ground and the was no argument so no one got struck. The ref went to his umpires and straight away produced a red card so it must have been serious. I said it to someone after the game and they said straight away that he was sent off for spitting. It happened to me many years ago against a Tyrone team so I know how disgusting it it is to be on the end of it.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2018, 11:28:30 PM
It's not something that happens very often. It happens less often to physios, I imagine.
Yet it happened twice to this physio in the one game? Odd.

I've just been informed there was a spitting but that's not what he was sent off for. The sending off was worse but I won't put it up here.

brokencrossbar1

brokencrossbar1

under the bar

Sad that a Fianna player let the team down.  Cross probably just glad they weren't playing Errigal Ciaran who've have their number most times they've met in Ulster... ;D

regal

I can't believe the coalisland nr 5 is playing for Tyrone. Can't kick, toe tap, catch ball or take a tackle. Saying that, in his time with mickey Harte he has picked up other traits - pulling, spitting, non stop verbals and general all round cheating. A sc**bag. He should be a regular in mickey's teams for years to come. He should look at his county colleague (hampsey) who plays the game how it should be played.

Regarding the balls coming onto the pitch, I'm pretty sure peter Donnelly (as Tyrone's coach) was sent to the stand in ballybofey this year for doing exactly that. Time for peter to grow up (and retire).

Cross management should have had hanratty off as soon as coalisland went down to 13 men. He was an accident waiting to happen. Rian O'Neill's class was probably the difference between the teams.

Harold Disgracey

I don't know if anyone else noticed Tony Keenan going up to young McConville and putting his arm around him and having a quiet word with him after missing his goal chance, could it possibly have been a penalty for a foot block?, a nice touch from a senior player.