Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on March 09, 2021, 09:08:39 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 09, 2021, 08:44:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 09, 2021, 07:45:55 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 09, 2021, 07:30:09 PM
He's too busy locking kids up in concentration camps

At least he's not ripping them out of their parents arms and shipping them off across the country to who knows where in a dehumanizing attempt to intimidate other people into not coming.

These migrant kids will be dealt with as humanely as possible. Biden's base won't stand for otherwise.

Unlike Trump's, who cheered every desperate mother's wail.

Nice attempt at deflection (as per usual)

I was referring to the "unaccompanied" minors

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/migrant-children-border-patrol-custody-past-legal-limit/

I know what you were referring to. It's all over the news.

Hence "these migrant kids will be dealt with as humanely as possible".

My point was that it's unfortunate, but it's not a deliberate policy to dehumanize and to satisfy the cruelty of a constituency.

Regardless, they can't just wish adequate facilities into existence. It's going to take time.

Trump would be, and was, just shipping them back across the border.

So they are temporary holding facilities now that  it's happening under a Democrat whereas they were cages and concentration camps when it happened under Trump-fair enough

J70

Quote from: whitey on March 09, 2021, 10:42:21 PM

At least he's not ripping them out of their parents arms and shipping them off across the country to who knows where in a dehumanizing attempt to intimidate other people into not coming.

These migrant kids will be dealt with as humanely as possible. Biden's base won't stand for otherwise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/migrant-children-border-patrol-custody-past-legal-limit/

My point was that it's unfortunate, but it's not a deliberate policy to dehumanize and to satisfy the cruelty of a constituency.

Regardless, they can't just wish adequate facilities into existence. It's going to take time.

So they are temporary holding facilities now that  it's happening under a Democrat whereas they were cages and concentration camps when it happened under Trump-fair enough

Go ahead and point out where I said any such thing.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on March 09, 2021, 11:49:25 PM

I'm referring to the Democrats

J70

Quote from: whitey on March 10, 2021, 10:10:42 AM

Who?

All Democrats?

A specific Democrat?

Someone on Twitter?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on March 10, 2021, 12:33:42 PM

Who?

All Democrats?

A specific Democrat?

Someone on Twitter?

The ones who were vocal under Trump, actually don't see to have very much to say if anything at all

Maybe AOC can go back down and are a scene in front of an empty parking lot lounge she did the last time

J70

Quote from: whitey on March 10, 2021, 12:50:01 PM

Who?

All Democrats?

A specific Democrat?

Someone on Twitter?

The ones who were vocal under Trump, actually don't see to have very much to say if anything at all

Maybe AOC can go back down and are a scene in front of an empty parking lot lounge she did the last time

This is from two weeks ago, so I guess you may have missed it (assuming you bothered to look).

""This is not okay, never has been okay, never will be okay - no matter the administration or party,"

https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/2021/02/aoc-slams-biden-administration-for-reopening-migrant-facility-for-children-this-is-not-okay.html
https://nypost.com/2021/02/24/aoc-slams-biden-for-reopening-migrant-facilities-in-texas/
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-biden-child-migrant-facility
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/us-elections-government/ny-aoc-biden-migrant-camp-children-20210224-hsdvznvmfncylkxymcivuq3f6m-story.html

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on March 09, 2021, 07:50:39 PM
Quote from: Gmac on March 09, 2021, 07:12:31 PM
No press conference by joe Biden since inauguration.
longest period in last 15 presidents .
I wonder why .

He's too busy undoing Trump's agenda.

But yeah, he should get out there now and again.

But its also hilarious how the likes of yourself are so wedded to the Alzheimer Joe narrative. Whatever gives you comfort I guess. There's certainly none coming from the GOP side.
The 2 worst candidates ran
The Dem Party's donors do not care that Biden is so old, as long as he is neoliberal.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

J70

Quote from: seafoid on March 10, 2021, 04:25:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 09, 2021, 07:50:39 PM
Quote from: Gmac on March 09, 2021, 07:12:31 PM
No press conference by joe Biden since inauguration.
longest period in last 15 presidents .
I wonder why .

He's too busy undoing Trump's agenda.

But yeah, he should get out there now and again.

But its also hilarious how the likes of yourself are so wedded to the Alzheimer Joe narrative. Whatever gives you comfort I guess. There's certainly none coming from the GOP side.
The 2 worst candidates ran
The Dem Party's donors do not care that Biden is so old, as long as he is neoliberal.

I'd argue that 2016 gave us two much worse candidates. Not saying Hillary wouldn't have been a capable president, and light years ahead of what we ended up with, but she was a terrible candidate, with far too many self-inflicted wounds.

Biden being a neoliberal?

Don't tell the right wingers! He's either a raving commie to them, or he's so completely vacant and feeble with old age that he's a mere puppet being controlled by China, AOC and Elizabeth Warren!

whitey

Quote from: J70 on March 10, 2021, 02:05:29 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 10, 2021, 12:50:01 PM

Who?

All Democrats?

A specific Democrat?

Someone on Twitter?

This is from two weeks ago, so I guess you may have missed it (assuming you bothered to look).

""This is not okay, never has been okay, never will be okay - no matter the administration or party,"

https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/2021/02/aoc-slams-biden-administration-for-reopening-migrant-facility-for-children-this-is-not-okay.html
https://nypost.com/2021/02/24/aoc-slams-biden-for-reopening-migrant-facilities-in-texas/
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-biden-child-migrant-facility
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/us-elections-government/ny-aoc-biden-migrant-camp-children-20210224-hsdvznvmfncylkxymcivuq3f6m-story.html

Fantastic

Maybe people won't have to drink out of toilets now that Joe and Kamala are calling the shots

Rossfan

The 2 bucks still not takin their batin  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

whitey

Quote from: Rossfan on March 10, 2021, 06:32:35 PM

So J70, Eamonn and others criticizing Trump daily for 4 years was them "not takin their batin"-interesting

Gmac

J70

Quote from: whitey on March 10, 2021, 06:46:41 PM

So J70, Eamonn and other criticizing Trump daily for 4 years was "not takin their batin"-interesting

Do you actually care about these kids and wish to see the overcrowding problems solved?

If you do, then you must realize that Biden has been there six weeks, he is working with what he inherited, and he was already starting from behind due to Trump holding up the transition.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on March 10, 2021, 07:25:48 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 10, 2021, 06:46:41 PM

So J70, Eamonn and other criticizing Trump daily for 4 years was "not takin their batin"-interesting

Do you actually care about these kids and wish to see the overcrowding problems solved?

If you do, then you must realize that Biden has been there six weeks, he is working with what he inherited, and he was already starting from behind due to Trump holding up the transition.

Of course I care about them

Obama told them not to come
Trump told them not to come
Joe is telling them not to come

But they're  still coming.

We share a land border with hundreds of millions of people living in Third World conditions. I don't blame them for one minute for trying to come

I guess the bigger philosophical  question is do we have an obligation to every single person who presents themselves at our southern border?

Rossfan

"Give me your......." or did that only apply to white Europeans?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM