London v Down July 4th

Started by Trevor Hill, June 21, 2009, 06:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

Looks like Ross will get to keep his job for another 70 minutes at least.

orangeman

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 21, 2009, 06:24:07 PM
Looks like Ross will get to keep his job for another 70 minutes at least.

This draw will keep you happy surely ?.

Trevor Hill

Not really, prefer to get a decent team. We got a run in the qualifiers against poor opposition last year. Met Wexford and we didn't know what to do.

orangeman

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 21, 2009, 06:29:00 PM
Not really, prefer to get a decent team. We got a run in the qualifiers against poor opposition last year. Met Wexford and we didn't know what to do.

Jesus, there's no pleasing some people !!!   ;) ;)

Pangurban

Woprse possible draw, of no benefit whatsoever, means a lot more weeks without competitive football and probably just delays the inevitable

Archie Mitchell

Have London always been in the qualifers?

Trevor Hill

Can anyone confirm that this will definitely be played in London, dont want to book flights if the tie is switched to Newry.

Caid

Sounds like it'll be in Newry

No advantage booking the flights this instance anyway - the price won't change by tomorrow
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 21, 2009, 06:33:18 PM
Can anyone confirm that this will definitely be played in London, dont want to book flights if the tie is switched to Newry.

DEFINATELY in Newry. Down were guaranteed a home draw. Read it in the paper this weekend.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Caid on June 21, 2009, 06:35:58 PM
No advantage booking the flights this instance anyway - the price won't change by tomorrow

With our travelling support? Ryanair are in for their busiest day ever. Heathrow may not be able to cope. They may have to switch the game to Wembley.

orangeman

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 21, 2009, 06:38:37 PM

With our travelling support? Ryanair are in for their busiest day ever. Heathrow may not be able to cope. They may have to switch the game to Wembley.

Time to get behind Ross and DJ now !!   ;)

Lazer

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 21, 2009, 06:38:37 PM

Ryanair don't fly to Heathrow! And the game better be in Newry anyway.

London should never have a home draw. It's an All Ireland Championship, therefore should be played in Ireland. (And i'm only home form London, don't fancy going back in 2 weeks)
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Lazer on June 21, 2009, 06:56:45 PM
Ryanair don't fly to Heathrow! And the game better be in Newry anyway.

Just realised that they dont fly to LHR when I checked flights on their website. I reckon this will be switched, but I would rather have an away game.

mylestheslasher

No one was certain of a home draw before the draw, not even Down. Perhaps London were destained to play away from home though. Can't you fly Belfast to Heathrow with Aer Lingus?

borderfox

down should edge this one especially if its in newry.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.