London v Down July 4th

Started by Trevor Hill, June 21, 2009, 06:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

Quote from: borderfox on June 21, 2009, 10:27:41 PM
down should edge this one especially if its in newry.

they should do more than edge it

Aaron Boone

Ruislip not the easiest in the world to get to. Miles & miles away from Big Ben and all that.

pintsofguinness

What I'd give for a London Victory... :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Mourne Rover

A pre-draw announcement was made that teams who were away in the first round of the qualifiers last season would be entitled to a home game this time round. The only counties in this category were Meath, who were first out of the hat anyway, and Down. Unless the authorities say London are a special case, or the Down county board volunteers to travel to London, this match must surely be in Newry.

maggie

I always found ruslip handy enough to get to.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 21, 2009, 11:31:23 PM
Ruislip not the easiest in the world to get to. Miles & miles away from Big Ben and all that.

Sure its on the tube lines is it not? Couldn't be too bad. Maybe worse on a Sunday with less of a tube service.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Orior

Squeezy Jet
   Aldegrove - Luton
   Aldegrove - Standsted
   Aldegrove - Gatwick

BMI
   Belfast Cty - Heathrow (normal costs you an arm and a leg)

Ryanair
   Belfast City - Standsted
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lfdown2

Please god let it be in ruislip be some days craic!!

umgolaarmagh

I think London have to play there first qualifier in Ireland, when they beat down they will play the second round in London

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Orior on June 21, 2009, 11:54:11 PM
Squeezy Jet
   Aldegrove - Luton
   Aldegrove - Standsted
   Aldegrove - Gatwick

BMI
   Belfast Cty - Heathrow (normal costs you an arm and a leg)

Ryanair
   Belfast City - Standsted

Aer Lingus, Dublin - Heathrow.

lfdown2

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on June 22, 2009, 08:53:08 AM
I think London have to play there first qualifier in Ireland, when they beat down they will play the second round in London

not sure, Sunday game and gaa website both say it's in London...cheeky hoor

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: lfdown2 on June 22, 2009, 09:39:25 AM
Quote from: umgolaarmagh on June 22, 2009, 08:53:08 AM

not sure, Sunday game and gaa website both say it's in London...cheeky hoor

On The Championship after the Tyrone v Derry game, they said Down had a home game even before the draw was made.

YogiBear

Looks like Johny Hughes could be marking Danny I wonder have two brothers marked each other before in an intercounty championship match??

ziggysego

Quote from: fred the red on June 21, 2009, 10:40:35 PM
Quote from: borderfox on June 21, 2009, 10:27:41 PM
down should edge this one especially if its in newry.

they should do more than edge it

You reckon?  :D
Testing Accessibility

Hound

Quote from: Mourne Rover on June 21, 2009, 11:45:00 PM
A pre-draw announcement was made that teams who were away in the first round of the qualifiers last season would be entitled to a home game this time round. The only counties in this category were Meath, who were first out of the hat anyway, and Down. Unless the authorities say London are a special case, or the Down county board volunteers to travel to London, this match must surely be in Newry.
Then they made another annoucement saying it would be simply first out of the hat.

However, you might be right that London are a special case. I don't think they've ever played a qualifier in London.

But given the "first out is home" annoucement, it would seem unfair to London to change it.