Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Lockdown has worked going by those statistics I'll admit to that
Another few weeks lockdown may not be a bad thing
I'd also say let's sort the carehomes
As for children yes they probably do pass it on. I'll admit when I am wrong

omaghjoe

Does Simon Harris strike anybody else as a goody two shoes on a power trip?..... in the Alex Attwood mould

Rossfan

Get a fkn life Omaghjoe.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Downtothewire

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 07, 2020, 09:19:51 PM
Just read 95% of new cases reported today in the South of Ireland are in carehomes.
Can people not see where the problems now are
Come on now let's start opening our eyes

I wonder how many of today's new cases in the North were in nursing homes?

marty34

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 07, 2020, 10:44:09 PM
Does Simon Harris strike anybody else as a goody two shoes on a power trip?..... in the Alex Attwood mould

Another south/north battle!!!

Smurfy123

I'm not sure downtothewire. It would be good to get the breakdown

omaghjoe

Quote from: marty34 on May 07, 2020, 11:34:49 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 07, 2020, 10:44:09 PM

Another south/north battle!!!

Attwood wins hands down, that carry on where he supposedly couldn't resign his post in stormont, but (at apparent great difficulty to himself  ::) ) was giving his salary back was beyond pathetic.

trailer

3 more weeks of this goddam f**king lockdown in the North.

Taylor

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 07, 2020, 10:07:30 PM
Lockdown has worked going by those statistics I'll admit to that
Another few weeks lockdown may not be a bad thing
I'd also say let's sort the carehomes
As for children yes they probably do pass it on. I'll admit when I am wrong

Fair play smurfy..........considering the amount of people waiting on your answer you couldnt ignore it any longer

trailer

This 80% furlough is too generous. People don't want to go back to work. 50% would have been plenty.

ardtole

I see Germany has 3 days of increases in virus cases after their first stage of reducing lockdown was introduced. I'd imagine other countries are looking closely to see how it plays out over there.

imtommygunn

How are they working with social distancing? I assume it's still a thing?

David McKeown

Quote from: trailer on May 08, 2020, 09:41:45 AM
This 80% furlough is too generous. People don't want to go back to work. 50% would have been plenty.

Absolutely not. 50% would have seen far too many trying to work reducing the effectiveness of the measures and leading to a huge amount of job losses. The problem with it is the unfair way that it compares to the self employed scheme.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

trailer

Quote from: David McKeown on May 08, 2020, 10:15:59 AM

Absolutely not. 50% would have seen far too many trying to work reducing the effectiveness of the measures and leading to a huge amount of job losses. The problem with it is the unfair way that it compares to the self employed scheme.

Have heard of cases were companies are adhering to SD rules and yet employees who were furloughed are reluctant to come back to work. Spoke with a few business owners last night who this applies to. Indeed a few said that they won't be having a good few back once the scheme ends. This wont end well for the employee unless the economy gets going again and quickly.
I have said it before. This virus is not going away. Long-term lockdown is not a viable solution. We need to get back to work.

APM

Quote from: David McKeown on May 08, 2020, 10:15:59 AM

The problem with it is that makes a fool out of key workers.

Furloughed workers are told, stay at home, stay safe. 
Key worker told to go to work, despite perceived / actual risk!

Furloughed worker earning up to £2,500
Key worker earning £10/hr

Furloughed worker has lower than usual expenses (not travelling to work)
Key worker has all usual expenses of getting to work

Key worker working in a hospital, care home, food factory will have family worried that they are going to get the virus and bring it into the house, while the rest of them are off work and still earning at no risk. 

Lots of bullshit in the media about clapping for nurses and key workers, indulged and sponsored by government to distract people from the reality of the situation that government is treating key workers like shit!