Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2020, 08:10:00 AM
Fun day ahead no doubt.

Sitting here with my daughter, generally all results which her friends seem to be at are a level below their AS results and predicted grades!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

FermGael

Seems to be the trend.

CCEA are going to have a lot of appeals especially when parents realise that the grade recieved is lower than the grade predicted by the teacher .

As I said this is going to get very very messy for Justin and Peter.
They have created this
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermGael

I would say that Nolan will be fun this morning....

Milltown Row2

In fairness a lot of colleges have given unconditional places away... but what I'm seeing from certainly a grammar school is that the grades are one below

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2020, 08:28:21 AM
In fairness a lot of colleges have given unconditional places away... but what I'm seeing from certainly a grammar school is that the grades are one below

Another thing is a lot of students could defer their university course for a year...with all the uncertainty.

There'll be no bars and discos etc. open as such so a lot of uni life is the social aspect and living away from home hence, uni's offering unconditional places to students earlier in the year.

Milltown Row2

The strange thing about queen's giving unconditional places is that there are kids getting well below the mark that was required and are now able to get a place before someone who's better results?? !!

johnnycool

Not sure if this should go in the WTF thread but for Gavin Williamson to even suggest that this "covid generation" would be harmed as they'd be promoted beyond their ability really does reek of self awareness and a wee gander around his cabinet table shows plenty of that without them being the covid generation.

arrogant pricks

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: johnnycool on August 13, 2020, 09:20:28 AM
Not sure if this should go in the WTF thread but for Gavin Williamson to even suggest that this "covid generation" would be harmed as they'd be promoted beyond their ability really does reek of self awareness and a wee gander around his cabinet table shows plenty of that without them being the covid generation.

arrogant pricks

AKA The Tory Party.

Milltown Row2

All grades seem to be hit here, next week will be even more of a farce....

delgany

Minister Weird and DENI are a complete shitshow.
1. A level rsults are a complete disaster zone,   GCSE next week will be no better.
2. The return to school guidance info. that all schools have been waiting , is being made available TODAY, of all days , funny that !

Something needs to be done about the level of incompetence

FermGael

Weir should be resigning .
He is just not fit for the job

Milltown Row2

A friend of my daughter has been getting A stars right through, her AS results were A stars also, waiting on results today A and 2 B's! WTF !!!

Both offers from Queens and Glasgow have been rejected for medicine ...

Milltown Row2

So they have done this across all the schools rather that the schools previous results over the last three years?

What sort of set up did they use?

Harold Disgracey

My daughter has never got anything less than an A*/A in any exam got her A/S results this morning and was awarded AAB and is very unhappy. A complete Shitshow from CCEA, Weir has to go.