The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Have Liverpool suffered less from injuries than City this season?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2020, 10:30:31 AM
Had City not got a defensive problem at the start of the season that 'upset' the balance of the team? has that problem been fixed? and remember its not a normal resumption of the league as such and with the extra time out since lockdown, maybe Pep has fixed what was wrong or the two teams he has played were just shit!

I'm going with the latter

Wouldn't be too many teams cope with the mix and match back four City have had to put together all season. In fairness to Guardiola, he hasn't complained.

angermanagement

In fairness he can't complain too much when he's spent about £350 million on defenders.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: angermanagement on June 23, 2020, 11:44:19 AM
In fairness he can't complain too much when he's spent about £350 million on defenders.

Could spend 3.5billion. If they get injured they all are worth 0.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2020, 10:59:20 AM
Have Liverpool suffered less from injuries than City this season?

I think the big thing is they have had VVD, Salah, Firmino & Mane available for the vast majority of the season.
They have been able to deal with all the other injuries pretty well, which I would say has been on par with any of the other PL clubs injury list
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

J70

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 23, 2020, 11:32:56 AM
Had City not got a defensive problem at the start of the season that 'upset' the balance of the team? has that problem been fixed? and remember its not a normal resumption of the league as such and with the extra time out since lockdown, maybe Pep has fixed what was wrong or the two teams he has played were just shit!

Wouldn't be too many teams cope with the mix and match back four City have had to put together all season. In fairness to Guardiola, he hasn't complained.

He had no right to complain.

He didn't replace Kompany.

Armamike

Liverpool lost Alisson for a good chunk of the season. Not sure how City would have coped losing their no.1.  Origi has had probably more of an impact on Liverpool games as a sub/starter than Jesus has had for City.  I think the quality of City's squad compared to Liverpool's is a bit exaggerated.  Big money signings doesn't necessarily equate to impact.
That's just, like your opinion man.

redhandloo

Can't agree with the Jesus/Origi comparison. Both have played a similar amount of games but Jesus has twice as many goals. Unfortunately despite the memorable goals, Origi isn't good enough as an impact player at the top level
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2020, 12:01:57 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 23, 2020, 11:32:56 AM

He had no right to complain.

He didn't replace Kompany.

This is it, you might well see any money they get for Sane got straight into a CB. Laporte is a good player, but again not much use when he appears to be made of glass. Koulibaly is still out there and improves pretty much every team in Europe at centre half.

Maiden1

I'd be surprised if Liverpool get 12 points from the next 8 games.  They are playing at half pace with nothing really to play for and Jim Gavin style everyone in the panel will get whatever number of games they need to make sure they all get a medal.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

J70

Quote from: Maiden1 on June 23, 2020, 12:57:42 PM
I'd be surprised if Liverpool get 12 points from the next 8 games.  They are playing at half pace with nothing really to play for and Jim Gavin style everyone in the panel will get whatever number of games they need to make sure they all get a medal.

Thankfully they only need five.

Once they get those, it's up to the Klopp and the team how much effort they put into it and whether they care about breaking the 100 point mark.

I think it was the 82-83 season where they won the league with seven games remaining and took a grand total of two points for the rest of the season.

Maiden1

Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2020, 01:11:34 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on June 23, 2020, 12:57:42 PM

Thankfully they only need five.

Once they get those, it's up to the Klopp and the team how much effort they put into it and whether they care about breaking the 100 point mark.

I think it was the 82-83 season where they won the league with seven games remaining and took a grand total of two points for the rest of the season.
I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens again.  Maybe if they get a couple of wins early they might be motivated enough to go for 100 points.  Man City have done that already a couple of seasons ago so it debatable if they that bothered about 100 points.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

laoislad

As a fan I'm not bothered about it anyway.
5 more points as J70 says, that's all that matters.

Can put the U/17s out then, maybe they should have done that against Everton at the weekend seeing as they already beat them once before!

I still have a very small fear they might actually find a way to mess this all up and not win the league!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dire Ear

That def wasn't the strongest team available that was put out v Everton.
I'd be happier the sooner the league was won, the better;  because as LL says, its not over till its over !!
Don't want to go into the last game needing a point.....

Hoof Hearted

After a 25 point lead if liverpool need a point from the last game they wont get it
Nest will have been well shit on by that stage they'd be fucked
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012