Sea The Stars - BBC Sports Personality of the the Year

Started by Maroon Heaven, November 12, 2009, 04:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Just looking at past winners. I forgot Andy Murray has actually won it 3 times ffs

imtommygunn

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 22, 2022, 09:48:46 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 22, 2022, 09:01:49 AM
No matter what people think of him here in golf you get your main PR from winning majors. I like him but he's not enough in the public eye this year without the majors to be in the mix here.

He won 2 majors in 2014 and still didn't win. Golf gets fairly screwed by this nonsense. He came second that year losing out to Hamilton, 2nd an accolade shared by such world greats as Jordan Henderson, Jenson button and Leigh halfpenny :o. If it's an Olympic year any gold medalist will get it, noone else gets a look in. Raducanu won it too for 1 tournament and has pretty much done nothing before or after. Time to bin it. The days of excitement watching des lynam and all the sports stars actually in the studio are long gone.

We're too small over here and not considered as much either tbh. If it was some of the English golfers they'd be more likely to be in it.

Taylor

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 22, 2022, 10:11:22 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 22, 2022, 09:48:46 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 22, 2022, 09:01:49 AM
No matter what people think of him here in golf you get your main PR from winning majors. I like him but he's not enough in the public eye this year without the majors to be in the mix here.

He won 2 majors in 2014 and still didn't win. Golf gets fairly screwed by this nonsense. He came second that year losing out to Hamilton, 2nd an accolade shared by such world greats as Jordan Henderson, Jenson button and Leigh halfpenny :o. If it's an Olympic year any gold medalist will get it, noone else gets a look in. Raducanu won it too for 1 tournament and has pretty much done nothing before or after. Time to bin it. The days of excitement watching des lynam and all the sports stars actually in the studio are long gone.

We're too small over here and not considered as much either tbh. If it was some of the English golfers they'd be more likely to be in it.

Matt Fitzpatrick would disagree

trailer

Whenever Fergie singlehandedly won it for Ryan Giggs the gig (pardon the pun) was up. Giggs has no personality for a start. Pile of woke shite. Disabled - tick, Women - tick, Black or Brown people - tick.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on December 22, 2022, 09:08:56 AM
Probably because he's Irish!

McGuigan won in 85 and he's Irish, my point is being world number one doesn't mean much in golf going by Rory not even getting into the top ten sports persons for his years achievements all be it not winning a major.

By the same token I wasn't saying he deserved it either I just put his name up, other people get triggered by it so all good  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 22, 2022, 10:48:26 AM
Quote from: screenexile on December 22, 2022, 09:08:56 AM
Probably because he's Irish!

McGuigan won in 85 and he's Irish, my point is being world number one doesn't mean much in golf going by Rory not even getting into the top ten sports persons for his years achievements all be it not winning a major.

By the same token I wasn't saying he deserved it either I just put his name up, other people get triggered by it so all good  ;D
Your work here is done ;)