Sports insurance

Started by scout, August 14, 2022, 11:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: thewobbler on August 15, 2022, 12:01:52 PM
Honestly Bb, you've no idea what you're talking about.

Public liability insurance serves a purpose of protecting you from claims by visitors/users/spectators of an event or service your are hosting. It is not insurance for participants.

If you cannot understand this, then please do not try to claim some mystical high ground on "logic".

If you can follow this, then please (for the 3rd time) explain to everyone why a soccer team with no grounds, no facilities, that does not held spectator events, would need public liability insurance.

Do not hold spectator events...?

The argument being put forward by zoomers is that no soccer club owns it's own facilities and no soccer club has insurance. That's mind numbing stupidity.

thewobbler

No that's not my argument.

At no point have I suggested "all" or anything close to "all". I've never once tried to paint all soccer teams as having a minimum or maximum standard of anything. That was you, and in particular regards to insurance.

And as with every time you are proven wrong about soccer on the island, you start deflecting.

It's almost as though you believe nobody can read back one page on a thread.

David McKeown

Spoke with a couple of our committee tonight. We do have insurance that will cover necessary surgery and 1 weeks loss of earnings only. It is not required by our league or for any of the cups we enter but it is required for some other leagues such as the Ballymena and Provincial league.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: thewobbler on August 15, 2022, 08:29:52 PM
No that's not my argument.

At no point have I suggested "all" or anything close to "all". I've never once tried to paint all soccer teams as having a minimum or maximum standard of anything. That was you, and in particular regards to insurance.

And as with every time you are proven wrong about soccer on the island, you start deflecting.

It's almost as though you believe nobody can read back one page on a thread.

Every soccer club has insurance. It's a requirement to enter leagues. That's not deflection, that's the reality.

The slightly interesting question is why people are propagating this obvious bullshit?

thewobbler

If I was to get a signed statement from the Carnbane League that says otherwise, would you then desist?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: thewobbler on August 15, 2022, 08:37:34 PM
If I was to get a signed statement from the Carnbane League that says otherwise, would you then desist?

Go for it.

armaghniac

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 15, 2022, 08:42:03 PM

Go for it.

I hope that means you will desist from Gaaboard until Mayo win the All Ireland or 50 years, whichever is sooner.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: armaghniac on August 15, 2022, 10:09:49 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 15, 2022, 08:42:03 PM

Go for it.

I hope that means you will desist from Gaaboard until Mayo win the All Ireland or 50 years, whichever is sooner.

If he hasn't produced this document by the weekend will you?

David McKeown

Quote from: David McKeown on August 15, 2022, 08:32:38 PM
Spoke with a couple of our committee tonight. We do have insurance that will cover necessary surgery and 1 weeks loss of earnings only. It is not required by our league or for any of the cups we enter but it is required for some other leagues such as the Ballymena and Provincial league.

Having now looked at the rules for our league it seems we do require insurance and the committee member I spoke to was mistaken.

scout

Don't see anything on the Ballymena & Provincial league site. Think that's the league the lads club plays for.

David McKeown

Quote from: scout on August 16, 2022, 12:02:22 AM
Don't see anything on the Ballymena & Provincial league site. Think that's the league the lads club plays for.

I coached in that league for 4 or 5 years and remember it being mentioned at my last club.

Baile Brigín 2

You have had a week. You going to admit you were talking shite now?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 21, 2022, 12:14:05 PM
6.​The League Management Committee strongly recommends that before each season commences all clubs should take out appropriate and adequate insurance cover for their members against injuries and accidents which may occur in connection with matches arranged by the League.

Carnbane League Rules 2021-22.

Not sure that does anything to clear it up as you both could read that your own way. Strongly recommends isn't a must but clubs would be foolish to go against a strong recommendation?

If anything it spikes my argument. To clarify, in FAI land that is not a recommendation, it's a regulation. If insurance is not mandatory in IFA land I will gladly retract. But I would have a flabbered gast if all clubs aren't insured regardless