China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Quote from: LeoMc on August 22, 2022, 01:23:28 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 22, 2022, 12:22:27 PM
Didn't need 'strong' evidence in those early stages .... all it needed was the signal that it might work (given that the safety of the medication)

"Hey ..there are highly respected clinicians working in IC wards in another part of the world saying that they are seeing positive benefits from treating patients with ivermectin. The drug is safer to take than aspirin..there is well recorded data on its safety profile. Of course we can't say for sure if it will be of benefit at this stage, but given that its an extremely safe and cheap medication, what do you think about the idea of contacting a (or a few) regional health authorities to see if they'd be agreeable to start treating their patients (if the patients themselves agree) with the drug to see if we see a step change it their health outcomes relative to neighbouring areas? It would be great if we had an existing non patented drug to at least help treat this virus. Worth a try?" 

It was an easy argument to make
That would have been a justification for a clinical trial if anyone thought it worth the cost and effort
          Absolutely, why would a pharmaceutical company fund an extremely costly study into an out of patent drug. They were developing their own Covid 19 antiviral drugs at the time (Maerk were developing Molnupiravir, Pfizer had Paxlovid, Roche and Gilead had a joint development of Actemra/remdesivir
          A goverment backed study was the only likely option to have the funding and the werewithall to study Ivermectin to the level that would satisfy the international scientific community. Despite Maerk themselves coming out against its use  https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/  Oxford University decided in June 2021 to begin that UK givernment/ NHS backed PRINCIPAL trial.
                     Why? Was it to satisfy all these conspiracy lunatics?

From the Bunker

Wondering how the Covid-19 vaccine works these days? Does it still depend on herd immunity. Will the unvaccinated be a problem for herd immunity?

trailer

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 22, 2022, 02:13:17 PM
Wondering how the Covid-19 vaccine works these days? Does it still depend on herd immunity. Will the unvaccinated be a problem for herd immunity?

It only works now if you drink 2 pints of Ivermectin, get a Vit D drip off a guy on the internet who is a part-qualified PT and has done his own research.

Gabriel_Hurl

Ah trailer - I was hoping someone would ignore him until the 10th time he asked the same question

From the Bunker

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 22, 2022, 04:02:44 PM
Ah trailer - I was hoping someone would ignore him until the 10th time he asked the same question

Yeah so was I.

Rudi

Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 08:13:53 PM
You laugh at me because you see scientists and experts and you blindly follow. They know more than you. Deaths were unavoidable. This was out our control. But it's not. The deaths were and should've been avoided. The scientists got it wrong. The experts don't know. Remember the experts who predicted that there'd be a soft landing to housing bubble in 2007. The same banking experts. The smartest minds.
They don't know. They're making it up as they go along. I could study "the science" for 24 hours and I'd be better placed to make decisions on what to do rather than these clowns. They're overpaid failures. People who couldn't cut it in the real business world were failure is punished.

From the bunker - this is the same trailer that wrote this, some bluffer. He runs with the foxes & the hounds, depends which way the wind is blowing.  ;D

trailer

Quote from: Rudi on August 22, 2022, 04:35:52 PM
You laugh at me because you see scientists and experts and you blindly follow. They know more than you. Deaths were unavoidable. This was out our control. But it's not. The deaths were and should've been avoided. The scientists got it wrong. The experts don't know. Remember the experts who predicted that there'd be a soft landing to housing bubble in 2007. The same banking experts. The smartest minds.
They don't know. They're making it up as they go along. I could study "the science" for 24 hours and I'd be better placed to make decisions on what to do rather than these clowns. They're overpaid failures. People who couldn't cut it in the real business world were failure is punished.

From the bunker - this is the same trailer that wrote this, some bluffer. He runs with the foxes & the hounds, depends which way the wind is blowing.  ;D

I stand over that. They got the response completely wrong. It has been widely accepted.

bennydorano

Free Lateral Flow testing ends in NI today.

Travel vaccine certificates will surely be done away with soon as well?

From the Bunker

Quote from: bennydorano on August 22, 2022, 06:46:26 PM

The vaccine was such a success. Where would I have been without it? Well I would not have been in the Pub without it! And I was not in the Pub. I also was not in the Restaurant!

Once again the vaccine was a great success, what ever it finally ended up doing. I could not keep up, as the bar for it efficiency kept getting lower every couple of weeks.

lenny

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 23, 2022, 03:34:01 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 22, 2022, 06:46:26 PM

The vaccine was such a success. Where would I have been without it? Well I would not have been in the Pub without it! And I was not in the Pub. I also was not in the Restaurant!

Once again the vaccine was a great success, what ever it finally ended up doing. I could not keep up, as the bar for it efficiency kept getting lower every couple of weeks.

It prevented tens of  thousands of deaths which was precisely what is was intended to do. It is still preventing serious illness every day and keeping the numbers in hospitals down. Without it we'd still be in lockdown.

Last Man

Have a watch at this, it hopefully might give you some perspective. Some people believe they are fit and healthy enough and as long as we keep doing what the good doctor tells us everything will be grand. Plenty of data analysis.
https://youtu.be/OYH3DUanNFs

armaghniac

Quote from: trailer on August 22, 2022, 04:45:18 PM
Quote from: Rudi on August 22, 2022, 04:35:52 PM

I stand over that. They got the response completely wrong. It has been widely accepted.

Yes, everyone at conspiracy.net and nutter.org accepts this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Harold Disgracey

This should be required reading.

The Irrational Ape: Why We Fall for Disinformation, Conspiracy Theory and Propaganda

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1471178285/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_V1GVXJ5T42136J0DXKJ3

Last Man

It's just an opinion, no harm in reading it and making up your own mind.