Sea The Stars - BBC Sports Personality of the the Year

Started by Maroon Heaven, November 12, 2009, 04:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Rory mcilroy world number one not even mentioned in top ten?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2022, 10:44:54 PM

Must be something to do with the zero majors
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 21, 2022, 10:45:39 PM

He has four, but yeah I see your point
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2022, 10:52:13 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on December 21, 2022, 10:45:39 PM

He has four, but yeah I see your point

So you want him to win 2022 SPOTY for Majors he won 10 years ago ?   :-\
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

No, I don't think I said that but carry on With your mental gymnastics

seafoid

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 21, 2022, 11:07:56 PM
No, I don't think I said that but carry on With your mental gymnastics
What relevance have they to this year lol

JPGJOHNNYG

In fairness Rory McIlroy has had a very good year. If Andy Murray the dour bstard had a similar yr in tennis he would walk it. Likewise Lewis Hamilton has won a couple for simply having the fastest car. The spoty has run its course and has lost its relevance some 30 yrs ago.

trailer

Taylor

I remember it used to be a staple of a Sunday night not long before Xmas.

Now it is all about including certain types of people and ignoring the actual sporting achievements for an individual.

It has run its course

Milltown Row2

imtommygunn

No matter what people think of him here in golf you get your main PR from winning majors. I like him but he's not enough in the public eye this year without the majors to be in the mix here.

screenexile

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 22, 2022, 09:01:49 AM
No matter what people think of him here in golf you get your main PR from winning majors. I like him but he's not enough in the public eye this year without the majors to be in the mix here.

He won 2 majors in 2014 and still didn't win. Golf gets fairly screwed by this nonsense. He came second that year losing out to Hamilton, 2nd an accolade shared by such world greats as Jordan Henderson, Jenson button and Leigh halfpenny :o. If it's an Olympic year any gold medalist will get it, noone else gets a look in. Raducanu won it too for 1 tournament and has pretty much done nothing before or after. Time to bin it. The days of excitement watching des lynam and all the sports stars actually in the studio are long gone.