TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Santino on January 04, 2010, 10:37:00 PM
Just finished season 4 of Dexter which finished few wks ago in the states.
Best season since the first, with one of the most compelling characters i recall in any tv series in a long time in the Trinity killer

I'm definitely having that Santino... John Lithgow puts in as good a TV acting performance as I've ever witnessed he was simply amazing! For me it was the best series of Dexter so far and the best ending to a series I have ever seen.

I have to also say I am becoming increasingly disillusioned by the Sci Fi guff being produced in America these days. . . Heroes, Lost and Flashforwad seem to be big flash interesting shows then the story disintegrates into a million different pieces leaving you baffled and confused rather than entertained! I watched Heroes religiously and started flashforward but have given them both up at this stage!

DownFanatic

Dexter is compelling.

Nearly budging Im Alan Partridge from my top show of all time.

Homer

No problem. If you don't have a rapidshare account you'll have to download them one by one. Each file is 200MB so depending on your connection it may take a while but at least it should be of a good quality.

If it asks you for a password when extracting enter:

http://zerors.com/

Bensars

Rapidshare is the only way to go.
i have a friend who downloaded the first 3 series of the sopranos in one night last week.  ;)

bingobus

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 04, 2010, 09:19:50 PM
This new show on RTÉ 2 looks the business called FlashForward...

Great premise for a show to begin with

Anyone watch this last night. Thought it was good stuff, a danger it may go off on one like prison break or Lost but so far, so good.

Mad concept altogether! If we knew our future, would we ensure it happens or see if it does happen?

Homer

Quote from: Bensars on January 05, 2010, 02:40:38 PM
i have a friend who downloaded the first 3 series of the sopranos in one night last week.  ;)

Agreed, if you're serious about downloading get yourself a Rapidshare account and never look back.

full back

Quote from: bingobus on January 05, 2010, 02:48:15 PM

Anyone watch this last night. Thought it was good stuff, a danger it may go off on one like prison break or Lost but so far, so good.

Mad concept altogether! If we knew our future, would we ensure it happens or see if it does happen?

There is a thread about it
Started on Channel 5 a few months ago

bingobus

Quote from: full back on January 05, 2010, 03:04:50 PM
Quote from: bingobus on January 05, 2010, 02:48:15 PM

There is a thread about it
Started on Channel 5 a few months ago

Knew it was on C5 but missed it. As per usual with US they took a big break after the first run and it'll not be back on air till March in US, so hopefully RTE will run right through with it.

HowAreYeGettinOn

Anyone out there seen 'Pulling'?

I'd seen bits here and there and got the box set for Christmas to see if it was up to much. Just two series - the BBC didn't have the cojones to commission a third - so I ploughed through it last weekend.

I haven't enjoyed a comedy series as much since Fawlty Towers. It is absolutely brilliant. Recommended for anyone looking for a good new(ish) non-PC comedy with plenty of belly laughs.

(By the way - it's written by and stars Sharon Horgan, sister of Irish rugby international Shane.)

Billys Boots

Lads are those xvid-bia files playable on a (fairly recent model) dvd player?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on January 05, 2010, 03:21:52 PM
Anyone out there seen 'Pulling'?

I'd seen bits here and there and got the box set for Christmas to see if it was up to much. Just two series - the BBC didn't have the cojones to commission a third - so I ploughed through it last weekend.

I haven't enjoyed a comedy series as much since Fawlty Towers. It is absolutely brilliant. Recommended for anyone looking for a good new(ish) non-PC comedy with plenty of belly laughs.

(By the way - it's written by and stars Sharon Horgan, sister of Irish rugby international Shane.)

Seen a few of them and yeah they are excellent!

Would also highly recomment Outnumbered. . . it doesn't really look the part but it is absolutely hilarious and is right up there with the best of them! THe kids in it will blow you away with some of the things they come out with.

Homer

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 05, 2010, 03:47:05 PM

Some DVD players feature support for Xvid and DivX files but can't be sure whether your model will have it just because it's recently new.

I haven't ever used a DVD player for that myself and usually just watch them on the computer or using a TV media player (there was a thread on them pre-Christmas.)

Billys Boots

Right, sure I'll report back tomorrow.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Homer on January 05, 2010, 02:50:31 PM
Quote from: Bensars on January 05, 2010, 02:40:38 PM

Agreed, if you're serious about downloading get yourself a Rapidshare account and never look back.

How much does Rapidshare cost anyway? How does it work etc etc?

Billys Boots

Quote from: Homer on January 05, 2010, 04:08:06 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on January 05, 2010, 03:47:05 PM

Some DVD players feature support for Xvid and DivX files but can't be sure whether your model will have it just because it's recently new.

I haven't ever used a DVD player for that myself and usually just watch them on the computer or using a TV media player (there was a thread on them pre-Christmas.)

Yep, watched it successfully last night on Samsung DVD player after burning to CD (not DVD).