TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 05, 2009, 03:54:41 PM
Caught an episode or two of it in the past. These kind of sitcoms are usually crap (My Family), but Outnumbered was very good. Unfortunately I keep forgetting to tune into it.

Ah, getcha now.
Testing Accessibility

AFS

Quote from: screenexile on August 05, 2009, 03:18:52 PM
For the kind of thing to expect have a look at this... the young girl is playing 'Hells Kitchen' with her dolls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcgCx7tVBRo

Have to agree about 'My Family' zig it's utter tripe along with a few other BBC sitcoms in fairness... 2 pints of lager, my hero (I hate Ardal O'Hanlon now because of this nonsense show!), grownups, the thin blue line etc.

Outnumbered is very good. Love this clip from it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQak6ng0RXQ&feature=related

Archie Mitchell

The Office US and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia have started back this past few weeks. Great to have them back  ;D

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a must for anyone who loves comedy, don't think I have seen a funnier show.

Great to have Peep Show back as well.

Downloaded and watched series 1 and 2 of Breaking Bad. Very good show.

Have also downloaded Mad Men to see what the fuss was about after it getting a pile of awards. Have watched the first 2 episodes and seems great so far.

Hopefully these will fill the void left by Entourage when it finishes for the season on Sunday  >:(

leenie

just watching glor tire..  yehaw!

later on will probably tune into "watch" to watch reruns of wipeout.... cracks me up especially the yank versions with all the slightly big boned contestants!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Celt_Man

Watching Rome the last couple of weeks - bloody serious show... would highly recommend it
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tyrone86 on September 30, 2009, 12:41:36 AM
House, Family Guy, Two and a half men and Criminal Minds all back on in the US.

'The Cleveland Show' piloted on recently as well, I enjoyed it but hard to see if it can pull it off long term
and bones
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Agnes Dipesto

Quote from: Celt_Man on October 21, 2009, 10:58:02 PM
Watching Rome the last couple of weeks - bloody serious show... would highly recommend it

Rome is an excellent show. Have started watching True Blood on C4 Wednesday nights. Finding it ok so far but the amount of ad breaks during it are a nightmare.

Santino

East Bound and Down on FX is essential viewing for anyone who loves Anchorman and that genre of movies.
Kenny fuckin Powers is a legend!

JohnDenver

Quote from: Santino on October 22, 2009, 10:21:15 PM
East Bound and Down on FX is essential viewing for anyone who loves Anchorman and that genre of movies.
Kenny fuckin Powers is a legend!

Have heard a bit about this show, yer man is good value in Foot Fist way too.  Must look into gettin it downloaded.

Archie Mitchell

You mean you must look into getting someone else download it for you, and spend countless hours copying numerous films and tv shows onto DVD for you.

Finished watching Eastbound & Down yesterday. Good show.

JohnDenver

Thats exactly what i mean.  And now that you know about it I expect the process to have begun already!

aontroim

"You're f**king OUT!"

(Kenny must have been talking to Donal Óg)

Canalman

If you're not a fan already, The Inbetweeners shown late on E4/ Channel 4 is worth a look. Very funny.

Celt_Man

This new show on RTÉ 2 looks the business called FlashForward...

Great premise for a show to begin with
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Shazam

Quote from: Celt_Man on October 21, 2009, 10:58:02 PM

About halfway through the second series at the minute on DVD. Lucius' wife Niobe just showed up in Hustle on BBC 1, least I think it is her.

The fight scene in Episode 11 Series 1 with Titus and Vorenus against the gladiators was great. 13!
Shazam Bang