TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 07, 2022, 03:14:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 07, 2022, 02:59:08 PM
Started watching Narco's, don't know why I didn't start it earlier!

Narcos is a great show and narcos mexico is pretty good too. Im still undecided if Pedro Pascal is actually a good actor or not though.

He is excellent in Narcos.

He is not cut out for comedy though (intentional or not, Wonder Woman 2  :)).

J70

Been watching the Danny Boyle thing on the Sex Pistols.

Entertaining enough, even if questionable in terms of the historical accuracy.

bennydorano

Quote from: J70 on June 16, 2022, 10:04:39 PM

Thought it was excellent, tailed off a bit in pacing in last 2 episodes imo but a very good watch.

bennydorano

Binged The Lazarus Project on Sky. No hype, very little publicity and it was excellent. Requires acceptance of a stretching it premise but if you can do that it's really really good.

tbrick18

Quote from: J70 on June 16, 2022, 10:04:39 PM

I heard an interview recently with John Lydon where he said it had no input from him at all and that it was not a true reflection on things.
He said he got a call to say it was being done and he wasnt asked for input or given a chance to review. Apparantly his wife has dimentia and he is caring for her and so couldn't cope with taking on a law suit against it.
So I guess its to be taken with a pinch of salt.

screenexile

Watched the new series of Borgen and have to say I really enjoyed it. Very current storyline with lots of twists and turns would definitely recommend.

nrico2006

Binged The Boys there, really enjoyed it.  Only recently realised that the main character was Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid's son.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rudi

The Secret on Netflix. Fact is stranger than fiction, about the double murder in Coleraine is worth a watch. Utterly bizarre,  cold & calculated to a point.

quit yo jibbajabba

Thats the way we work up round here Rudi. U ever wanna  visit just give us the heads up we try keep you sweet but no promises

😃

Rudi

Just thought it was the Baptists, Fenians too hi :-X

quit yo jibbajabba

Tis grand you should be fine. Just fone thro beforehand. ask for jibbajabba 😊

Rudi

Quote from: Rudi on June 25, 2022, 12:05:16 AM
The Secret on Netflix. Fact is stranger than fiction, about the double murder in Coleraine is worth a watch. Utterly bizarre,  cold & calculated to a point.

Finished the 4 episodes this evening, had my first lazy weekend since having Covid in February. Definitely worth a watch, Nesbitt plays central character very well, mental stuff but worth a watch. Can remember watching news reports, spotlight back in the day. Yer man was cold, calculated, almost got away with it.

JimStynes

We Own This City
Thought it was very good and made by the writers from The Wire. I love a good corrupt cop show!

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on June 26, 2022, 12:38:53 AM
We Own This City
Thought it was very good and made by the writers from The Wire. I love a good corrupt cop show!
I'm looking forward to watching it. About a year ago I followed the BBC (7 part) podcast on the story, called 'Bad Cops'
and was hooked.
The byline to the podcast was,  and why do good cops go bad?
my answer, because they weren't good to begin with.

quit yo jibbajabba

Boys from the Blackstuff just started on bbc4. Not sure if ive the headspace for it but just givin the heads up to anyone whos never seen it. Quality. But grim