TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 01, 2022, 10:14:42 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 01, 2022, 06:52:43 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 01, 2022, 06:49:19 PM
Stranger Things lads??
Two episodes into latest season and I think it's great.
All episodes seem to be well over an hour long also.
Yes it's very good this season.
Watched episode 4 last night. Thought it was brilliant. Have Kate Bush's Running up that Hill song in my head all day.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Obi Wan Kenobi is decent thus far, better than some of the recent movies however that doesn't say much.

nrico2006

Quote from: WT4E on June 01, 2022, 10:27:31 PM
Last season of Top Boy was top stuff! Didn't like the ending! :(

Didnt like the ending either.

Stranger Things last season was good, weird that its split for the sake of 2 more episodes.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Loughshore2022

I watched Season 1-9 of Baywatch Remastered on Amazon Prime. A very good show that people don't take seriously nowadays. It is interesting to see what became of Jeremy Jackson who played Hobie, he has a criminal record longer than a surf board.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on June 03, 2022, 01:11:22 PM
Stranger Things lads??
Watched episode 4 last night. Thought it was brilliant. Have Kate Bush's Running up that Hill song in my head all day.

Just on the last episode here and it's very good. Fair play to the makers of this to keep the quality so high over 6 years and 4 seasons especially since it drew so heavily on the novelty of the kids at the start!!

JimStynes

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 03, 2022, 03:18:24 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 01, 2022, 10:27:31 PM
Last season of Top Boy was top stuff! Didn't like the ending! :(

Didnt like the ending either.

Stranger Things last season was good, weird that its split for the sake of 2 more episodes.

The last 2 episodes are basically 2 movies going on the reported run time.

tbrick18

Quote from: screenexile on June 07, 2022, 12:12:10 AM
Quote from: laoislad on June 03, 2022, 01:11:22 PM
Stranger Things lads??

Just on the last episode here and it's very good. Fair play to the makers of this to keep the quality so high over 6 years and 4 seasons especially since it drew so heavily on the novelty of the kids at the start!!

Just finished it last night.
It's one of those shows that you can watch with the kids (teenagers) and fully enjoy it.
Really like it. Great actors, love the storyline too.

Milltown Row2

Started watching Narco's, don't know why I didn't start it earlier!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 07, 2022, 02:59:08 PM
Started watching Narco's, don't know why I didn't start it earlier!

Narcos is a great show and narcos mexico is pretty good too. Im still undecided if Pedro Pascal is actually a good actor or not though.

Jeepers Creepers

Thought the Narcos Mexico series (the first 2 or 3) were the best. Good show overall.

gallsman

Barely a third of the way into the first episode of the new season of The Boys and it's as hilarious and fucked up as ever. Brilliant show.

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on June 07, 2022, 03:22:26 PM
Barely a third of the way into the first episode of the new season of The Boys and it's as hilarious and fucked up as ever. Brilliant show.

Have watched the first 2 episodes of Season 3, jesus wept, there's alway 1 scene / episode that is very hard to watch! Great show

Main Street

I'm 6 episodes into The Staircase and it's very good viewing for Staircase aficionados. It totally skips over much of the courtroom drama that was already well covered in the documentary, it's more a series drama about the drama in making the documentary. It has the feel of the French Lieutenants Woman, one love drama being played out in real time  with another related drama from the past in the background.
I don't know how it would look to a person who hasn't already watched the documentary.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 21, 2022, 10:02:41 PM
I can recommend Severance. About halfway through the series but very good. Slow Horses on Apple is also entertaining.
Just finished it. Enjoyed it but mad as f**k.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)