Quote from: nrico2006 on May 26, 2022, 09:37:52 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 25, 2022, 06:19:50 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 25, 2022, 02:54:40 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 25, 2022, 02:18:19 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 25, 2022, 01:03:49 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 24, 2022, 11:56:31 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 24, 2022, 11:41:46 PM
Better Call Saul this week.

Up there with the best tv episodes in history.

Extraordinary.
This season 6 (the finale) is  just pure Saul, a superb  season, magical at times and by now half way through you can get the inkling of what the great tragedy is about and  how/where it will merge with the Breaking Bad story line.

What great tragedy?
You want a spoiler from the future? :D
Do you remember Breaking Bad? Did it strike you that there was a slight hint of a tragedy about the story?

There was a lot of tragedy in BB and as its happened its not a spoiler - what you referencing exactly?
read the thread, I wrote that there's an inkling of what the great tragedy is about and you ask what great tragedy. Obviously if there exists only an inkling of a future tragedy half way through this season, you are asking for a spoiler from the future.

I just didn't get whether you were referring to some insinuated tragedy from the BB series or if you were simply speculating that you think there will be one in the final batch of BCS episodes.
I was referring to Better Call Saul. I first mentioned BB  in the context that  BCS is ending soon, presumably in a place close to where BB began and how that will transpire has been one of the curiosities of the BCS series. Another curiosity (to be revealed) is how the characters turn back their age clock by 15 years.

Main Street

I've started on The Staircase, a tv drama series based on ..... The Staircase. My first impression was that husband Peterson was better at playing Peterson than Colin Firth is.
However it looks like it will be good viewing for the whole miniseries.
The documentary series* from 2004  is superb,  live time footage edited into a compelling drama,  but allow for the bias.
*Staircase 1 Staircase 2 and Staircase 3 ;D

nrico2006

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2022, 07:56:05 PM
I've started on The Staircase, a tv drama series based on ..... The Staircase. My first impression was that husband Peterson was better at playing Peterson than Colin Firth is.
The documentary series* from 2004  is superb,  live time footage edited into a compelling drama,  but allow for the bias.

The Staircase documentary is in my top 3 true crime shows, amazing that it is filmed over the guts of 20 years too.

One of the other true crime shows in my top 3, that never seems to get a mention, is The Jinx.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jell 0 Biafra

The jinx is brilliant.

Evil Genius is my fave though.  Just f**king bizarre from start to finish.

Turf

Sometimes simple but entertaining TV is all you need. We as a family are loving Is it Cake on Netflix at the moment. Kids love it and we get a bit of a kick out of guessing and have a bit of competition going between us.
Like I said simple but entertaining.

gawa316

Quote from: Turf on May 27, 2022, 05:36:48 PM
Sometimes simple but entertaining TV is all you need. We as a family are loving Is it Cake on Netflix at the moment. Kids love it and we get a bit of a kick out of guessing and have a bit of competition going between us.

Yip we watch that with the kids as well...other shows we watch as a family are American Ninja Warrior Junior, Junior Master Chef, and Lego Masters. We just finished the Harry Potter films and started LOTR.

nrico2006

Same here only I let them watch True Crime stuff and everything.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on May 27, 2022, 05:49:54 PM
Quote from: Turf on May 27, 2022, 05:36:48 PM

Yip we watch that with the kids as well...other shows we watch as a family are American Ninja Warrior Junior, Junior Master Chef, and Lego Masters. We just finished the Harry Potter films and started LOTR.
My kids were watching that Is it Cake show the other day also! Sat down and watched it with them. Good aul craic in fairness.
It's better than that Minecraft nonsense I see them watching.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Main Street

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 26, 2022, 11:28:40 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2022, 07:56:05 PM

The Staircase documentary is in my top 3 true crime shows, amazing that it is filmed over the guts of 20 years too.

One of the other true crime shows in my top 3, that never seems to get a mention, is The Jinx.
Thanks, I hadn't heard of Jinx or Evil Genius (except our occasional visitor out to save Ulster from GAA), I'll pirate them both and have a gander

bennydorano

Das Boot S3, excellent again.

screenexile

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on June 01, 2022, 06:49:19 PM
Stranger Things lads??
Two episodes into latest season and I think it's great.
All episodes seem to be well over an hour long also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trueblue1234

Just tipping through S3 at min. Only started s1 about 2 weeks ago so but of a binge to get caught up. Love it. Hoping S4 is as good.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on June 01, 2022, 06:52:43 PM
Quote from: screenexile on June 01, 2022, 06:49:19 PM
Stranger Things lads??
Two episodes into latest season and I think it's great.
All episodes seem to be well over an hour long also.
Yes it's very good this season.

WT4E

Last season of Top Boy was top stuff! Didn't like the ending! :(